who has a daughter???

Options

Replies

• Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and my boyfriend is 42, I couldn't be happier and have never had such a good relationship. That being said I don't think when I was 18 I would have gone anywhere near a 36 year old man, but ppl grow and mature at different rates and at the end of the day he makes me happy so the age gap means nothing to me.

BUT he didn't know me as a child, only as an adult - I would find it creepy being hit on by someone who basically sat by and watched me grow up into something "legal" for him to date!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and my boyfriend is 42, I couldn't be happier and have never had such a good relationship. That being said I don't think when I was 18 I would have gone anywhere near a 36 year old man, but ppl grow and mature at different rates and at the end of the day he makes me happy so the age gap means nothing to me.

My wife and I were the same ages as you two when we got married 27 years ago, except she's the older one. Obviously this turned into a good and long lasting relationship. I know plenty of people who married their own age, and it was no guaranteed of success.

Leave the legal adults alone if they want to be together.
    To the Legal Adults: leave the kids alone.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    hes known this girl since she was a baby,hes a sicko and he should be kept away from her.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    Options
    im 21 and im suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper attracted to older men ... super super super attracted to older men ...

om nom nom ...

what do we have in common... ummmm .... nothing

Well hello, gorgeous.... ;-)

--P

Haha! As soon as I read her post, I wondered how long it would take for some older dude to hit on her!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    hes known this girl since she was a baby,hes a sicko and he should be kept away from her.

this
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Very difficult question really it would always be difficult for a much younger person being with an older person. Its not noww its in the future when things change in my view.

You take me I am 52 if I was to date someone who was say 30 I should be so lucky lol there is a huge age gap as you get older I just feel that when the problems arise.

If you talking about purely a date or something sexual then as long as they are or legal and consenting I guess its ok.

I have two daughters 25 and 23 the youngest is with a guy who is 36 they both seem very happy and very much in love
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If an old man was hitting on my daughter and it was unwanted attention...I'd tear both of his arms off and beat him to death with them.

Then tell him to have a nice day. :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If an old man was hitting on my daughter and it was unwanted attention...I'd tear both of his arms off and beat him to death with them.

Then tell him to have a nice day. :smile:

This!! X1000
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This whole tread reeks of pedos :P
    400px-pedobearbusted.jpg
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    My hubby is 12 years old than me. Its a maturity thing. MOST guys that are my age are just too freaking childish for me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    For me, there's a huge difference between a 48 y/o guy dating an 18 y/o girl vs same guy dating same girl, who he's known from the cradle.

I use girl because girl is less formal than woman and guy is less formal than man.
  • desilu69
    Options
    The biggest problem for me here would be the fact that this is a girl that he basically saw grow up. I live in a community where we are close knit. My son is now 20 years old and I have watched all of his friends grow up. There is no way I can ever look at them except for as that child that was out here skateboarding in my backyard or playing video games. My point, if he was around this girl while she was growing up and he is friends with his parents, first there should be respect there for the friends and secondly (not sure how close they are) but I would think when seeing a child grow up you still see them as that child. I know I do. BUT THEN AGAIN THIS WORLD IS FULL OF PERVS AND HE PROBABLY DOES STILL SEE HER AS THAT CHILD !!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    im 21 and im suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper attracted to older men ... super super super attracted to older men ...

om nom nom ...

what do we have in common... ummmm .... nothing

Well hello, gorgeous.... ;-)

--P

Haha! As soon as I read her post, I wondered how long it would take for some older dude to hit on her!!!

Yes, brilliant, you got me. I was hitting on her.

--P
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    makes him feel younger...
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    So do you plan on informing her dad? Whether the guys still talk much anymore doesn't matter. Dude crossed a line and that needs to be addressed - not here in this forum, but by the one who has been his daughter's proctector since birth. You and she need to sit him down and tell him what happened. The last thing you want the daughter to think is that no one stepped up for her on this.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    oh dear!

I can't imagine being interested in a woman under 33 or over 46. I'm 42. So I appear to have a leeway at the moment of 9 years younger & 4 years older.

When I was 17 I was interested in girls from 16 to 20. So my leeway was 1 year younger & 3 years older.

When I was 25, it was 22 to 27. 3 years younger and 2 years older.

So does my leeway expand as I get older?

But come on, 18 vs 42! I'd treat them as a kid sister if we had anything in common. I wouldn't allow it to be physical. What would we talk about? Politics and the economy? Or perhaps X-Factor & Overdrive?

If girl's who like older guys have daddy issues, then what issues do guys have who like younger girls?
    I can't say what drives people. I also can't judge them when they're not breaking the law.
    I can say it makes me uncomfortable.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    He wants to feel younger and she is looking for a daddy.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Self-defense training! I recommend everyone have some self-defense training.

And yes, that guy is seriously a creep and I would have knocked him cold if my daughter didn't beat me to it.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So NOT okay. It's not the age difference that creeps me out, it's the fact that he's watched her grow up from a baby! From what it sounds like, he's been practically family. He needs a talking to, ESPECIALLY because she's upset.
    If that were my daughter, the guy would be getting a beat down.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 12 years old than me. Its a maturity thing. MOST guys that are my age are just too freaking childish for me.

Sadly, this is more or less it. As someone previously noted, what's strange is that a 40+ year old man would want to date an 18 year old girl. Have sex, sure. But date? It's very rare, but not impossible, that there can be an intellectual attachment when there is such a large age difference. What are they going to talk about???

On the other hand, as noted above, many men, especially American men, are quite immature for their age. Stuck in a Peter Pan complex. Just look at how they dress (baggy shorts, sports shirt, baseball cap, sneakers - add jeans for the winter). Look at what they talk about.

And while an 18 year old girl is almost certainly too young for a 48 year old man, my guess is that there are many 27-35 year old women who are sick of dating "boys" their same age or slightly older for whom an intellectual discussion is why designated hitters are bad for baseball.

--P