~*Highs & Lows*~ Anything Goes!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    High today - getting a compliment of almost not being recognized due to "being so skinny". Low today - had most of the day off but time slipped away and I didn't get my paperwork done. Oh well. My energy and motivation has picked back up today. I am off to cook dinner - healthy sliders tonight and to put stuff in the crock for tomorrow's dinner.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Hi! I hope everyone is having a great day!!

highs- stayed within my calories and discovered my new favorite snack! slimfast double dutch chocolate snack bar and a tblspoon of reduced fat peanut butter!! I was craving a reese and that so hit the spot!!

Lows- I was super busy at work and only had a special k protein shake to "eat" and then got home late, so I just finished my 1 hour elliptical and am eating dinner, so I can't go to bed until after 11.....again. And back up at 5am. :yawn: :ohwell: :grumble:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    High today - getting a compliment of almost not being recognized due to "being so skinny".
    That's fabulous! Congratulations, I aspire to that! :happy:
    Highs today: stayed within my calories and drank my water!
    Lows today: Bootcamp inside due to the rain (bleh!) Didn't get my extra cardio in, so I am a little hungry.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry for the absence. Lows- I have been feeling really overhwelmed and tired. Each night I try to spend quality time with my daughter and husband including cooking dinner and sitting down to eat together, I have French homework, I am studying for promotion at work, I love working out and am only 8 lbs from my goal so I want to do more and more, I like to try to do something for me each night like read the bible and write in a journal or watch a tv show I like and of course there's the dreaded housework, and getting things ready for the next day. Also some days I have to make phone calls or write court reports for volunteer work I do with an organization called CASA. I am a court appointed advocate for children who have been removed from their parents by the state. It feels like there's never enough hours in the day. Something always seems to get sacrificed, lately it's time with my husband, housework, and sleep. I test for promotion in March so hopefully after that things will ease up. Everyone tells me I need to do less but I feel like everything is too important to give up.

How do you all find a balance?

Highs: my family, getting all my water, taking vitamins, and feeling motivated.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in if there is room for me!! :happy:

About Me:
    I am 32 year old newly-wed. I just got married to my wonderful husband in June of 2009. Since he and I first got together I have gained 25lbs, not to mention the 20lbs I wanted to lose before we got together. So now I am trying to lose a total of 45lbs.

I don't have any children and I am a federal employee working full-time in the IT field.

I realize motivation is my biggest obstacle. Once I get myself going, I am unstoppable....but I am having so much trouble getting motivated this time around. Back in 2005 I had lost 45lbs and was even going to the gym regularly. However, I fell off the wagon and getting back is my biggest challenge.

I want to be able to get my weight under control which I know involves a lifestyle change. I want to be healthy for myself, my husband, & my future family.

Today's High: I know I can do this....I did it before & there's nothing from stopping me.

Today's Low; I started my eating off this morning kind of bad.....
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Welcome boricua3177
  • boricua3177
    Options
    Welcome boricua3177

Thanks for the welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

Monica
  • lreed
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry for the absence. Lows- I have been feeling really overhwelmed and tired. Each night I try to spend quality time with my daughter and husband including cooking dinner and sitting down to eat together, I have French homework, I am studying for promotion at work, I love working out and am only 8 lbs from my goal so I want to do more and more, I like to try to do something for me each night like read the bible and write in a journal or watch a tv show I like and of course there's the dreaded housework, and getting things ready for the next day. Also some days I have to make phone calls or write court reports for volunteer work I do with an organization called CASA. I am a court appointed advocate for children who have been removed from their parents by the state. It feels like there's never enough hours in the day. Something always seems to get sacrificed, lately it's time with my husband, housework, and sleep. I test for promotion in March so hopefully after that things will ease up. Everyone tells me I need to do less but I feel like everything is too important to give up.

How do you all find a balance?
    cc_cambell81
    Whew, boy I am tired just thinking about it all. Yes, everyone tells you that you need to do less, because it's true! Usually you end up shorting the things that are REALLY important like your husband, your kids, or sleep. Things like sleep, hubby and kids are exactly what you need to bring balance back to your life. I know the housework seems important as a perfectionist I understand the need, but maybe some of that can go, Do you really need to clean the bathroom or can you just wipe down the vanity? Have you enlisted the help of hubby (not sure of the age of your daughter, but it is amazing how much a 4 year old likes to wipe down the counters! I finally figured out that if I fall apart, so does everything else. Maybe you can cut back on the volunteer work temporarily until the test is over? Good luck! So wonderful you only have 8lbs to go! Fabulous!

Highs today: Did my extra cardio and bootcamp, stayed with in the calories I am supposed to, AND drank all my water!
    Lows today: Leg and Arm still bothering me
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Low: I am completely EXHAUSTED...I am not sure if I am sick or what...but I have not been feeling so hot.

Highs: I got alot accomplished today inspite of being so stinky! :)
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cc - I finally learned to say "no" and choose only things that really made me happy - and I found a lady to clean the house and iron my husband's work clothes - this saved so much time and energy (I hate to clean).

High yesterday - it was warmer and my mood improved drastically. Low yesterday - dinner cooked too long in the crockpot and so didn't taste as good as it smelled.

High today - I am down 2 more pounds this week :bigsmile: What a way to start the day.
  • mpogo
    mpogo Posts: 20
    Options
    Good Morning!! Hope everyone is doing well today! I'm feeling pretty good considering it's 7am and I just got off work. I was feeling really overwhelmed over the weekend when we went for a walk outside (in 4 degree weather, on a hiking trail, should've used snow shoes!) With working nights, school, homework, finding time to sleep and exercise I just felt like I was setting myself up for failure on losing weight and quitting smoking. But my sister, a true wonder she is sat me down when we got inside and helped me make two goals, small ones, to accomplish for the month. Cut my daily smoking by one cigarette and work out 3 times a week. So far it has gone really well. Besides the hurricane coming (my slang for Aunt Flo) which makes me turn into The Pit (another slang for PMS-y hunger) making me eat some brownies, I have resisted the vending machine junk at work. I've also been drinking more water and renewing my love for carrots and radishes. I worked out last night before work, which hopefully I can get myself up early to do tonight too. I still feel a little overwhelmed with trying to find time to do homework (not always time at work to do it) and my household chores (my cats hate me for letting their litterboxes get bad!)

High: my loving, awesome sister helping me! Exercising before work accomplished!
    Low: slight headache and chores waiting to be done!!

Welcome lreed, ncmedic and boricua!!

Thanks Mac55 about the little lifter (I think that was to me anyway!) I know it's an addiction. I want my brain to think that it doesn't need it anymore so I'm slowly cutting back just like ncmedic.

cc-I totally know what you mean about balance! I don't think my plate is quit as full as yours which I give you so much credit for! It proves I shouldn't be complaining!!! On a lighter note: I went to France in 2005 for a high school trip and we stayed with host families, well my host sister found me on Facebook last week! I thought of that we I read you had French homework!

Have a good day!!!!!! :)
  • boricua3177
    Options
    Today's High: I am still within my calories.

Low: I haven't been exercising :-(
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    High today - managed to get in 2 workouts, had some great conversations with my mother, finished day 1 week 7 of C25K (25 min of running) and just feel great.

Low today - had headache mid day but it seems to have gone away and I have to go out for 1 more client at 6:30. I hate late night patients.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    high today- warmer out and got in exercise

lows- husband and daughter are going up north tomorrow and I usually junk eat when they're gone. A little anxious about that.
  • lreed
    Options
    Highs today: Actually talked myself out of staying in bed and got my butt to bootcamp and rocked it! Stayed within my calories and drank my water, did extra cardio after bootcamp (at 5:30 am :wink: )
    Lows today: That $%$#@ scale, I know, I know it doesn't come off all at once, but it gets SOOO frustrating. It can go on so quickly but takes forever to get it off.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Uggh.. today I weighed 139.4. I was hoping for 137. Didn't work out yesterday and ate too much. Fell asleep at the same time as my daughter around 730! I really needed the sleep though, so I guess I'll try not to be too disappointed. Today is a new day so time to get it right!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have been walking & jogging every day but have decided to give it a week before I go back to logging my food and exercise. I am struggling to quit smoking and right now that is my main priority! I don't want to frustrate myself by trying to do to much at once so that is why I am waiting. The exercise is helping me with the smoking though :)

Highs: Went another day without smoking. Had a great day with the kids at the gym. Bought some awesome new running shoes.

Lows: Dealing with my ex today :( Some days are just so frustrating!!!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I have been walking & jogging every day but have decided to give it a week before I go back to logging my food and exercise. I am struggling to quit smoking and right now that is my main priority! I don't want to frustrate myself by trying to do to much at once so that is why I am waiting. The exercise is helping me with the smoking though :)

Highs: Went another day without smoking. Had a great day with the kids at the gym. Bought some awesome new running shoes.

Lows: Dealing with my ex today :( Some days are just so frustrating!!!

Good strategy. I wish I could make myself do that.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    ncmedic - Good luck with cont not to smoke. You can do it!!! Think of the money you will save and how much healthier you will be.

CC - you can do anything you set your mind to.

Yesterday's highs - got in 3 good workouts, went out for dinner and was only 2 cal over for the day. No real lows yesterday.
  • mpogo
    mpogo Posts: 20
    Options
    High: breakfast with the boys, worked out for the second day in a row, finished my accounting homework, found a cute table set for my apartment (finally!) and only one more night of work then I get to spend time with my family!!
    Lows: eating my usual for breakfast when I know I shouldn't (sausage, egg and cheese on a toasted croissant), the scale not budging much.

Overall it's been a pretty good week, and I don't feel super overwhelmed like I thought I would. Life is good, my complaints are minimal so I'm not going to stress.
    I don't know if this will help anyone with their smoking, but I got something out of it. One of the guys I meet for breakfast is 63 and is a Vietnam veteran. I met him 4 years ago when I started working at a small bakery (he was a regular, since the bakery closed him, the other regulars and I meet for breakfast every Saturday.) When I met him he was in fair health but was dealing with some skin cancer, but it was the treatable kind. He is a smoker and has smoked since he enlisted when he was 18. He used to go for walks with his wife, and would walk the golf course, all 18 holes. Now, he can walk from his car to the table in the restaurant which is about 20 yards and gets very winded. He is on oxygen. He can't golf anymore because he can't stand for very long. Seeing him today, and how his health has declined made me really sad. I definitly do not want to be like that when I'm in my 60's so my choice to quit smoking is a lot stronger and I a lot less anxious about it. I hope that little blurb didn't bring anyone down on your weekend, I just know it helps to see the adverse effects of it to really sink in how destructive it can be.