Replies

• kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Get fit!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get healthier so I could better control diabetes and I kept going. I'm so happy I did :smile:
  • bc0329
    Options
    I have came up with a way to live healthy, weird schedules, and on a really small budget. I'm doing it because my bday is coming up soon, not feeling happy with myself, back to communicating with a long distance friend.
    I'm starting with getting fit then work on the abs under the body fat.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Totally to skinny......now that I am there.....I want to be fit. I can wear a size 4 but if I took a picture of my stomach someone would be amazed that I could fit into a size 4.

I am on maintenance now and plan on staying right where I am at until after the holidays to see if I can just maintain and then if I can do that then I will make my goal for next year to have the killer fit body. :happy:
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that my motivation is to get thin. I used to be so skinny and so small before I had to have my thyroid removed, all I want is to have that back. Now, someone is probably going to jump at my throat for this, but I really don't care that much about fitness. To my mind, the fitness is something that comes as a nice side effect to all the physical exercise I'm doing in order to move the number down, not something I'd ever deliberately set off to achieve.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do care about being healthy, but to me it's secondary to being smaller. Not necessarily thin. Thin isn't something I've ever aspired to be.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want to be thin, fit and sexy. I want to look 1 000 000 $ in bikini and I want to be able to do the crazy yoga poses and run as much as I want. So yes, this is not a matter of "either or" but rather the case of "I want it all!"
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Healthy, I'm about 50-70 lbs over weight and to not look at pics and think, "look how fat I am!"
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    BOTH!!!! I want to be healthy but thin/curvy at the same time ; )
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started out wanting to be thin, because I have been both heavy (most of my life) and thin. I felt better thin emotionally but I was also treated better, less name calling because thin is in.:grumble: After many years of dieting and weight up and down, I have chosen to strive for fit, because I will end up thin in the process and I will be healthy and happy. Some forget that its about being fit and happy, not thin and making everyone else happy, that is where I became lost.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had both knees replaced this past winter, and I want to keep them as long as possible so I don't have to go through the surgeries again! Less weight means less wear and tear on the joints.

And I'm tired of feeling like I'm always the biggest person in the room!
    Pretty much me ( no surgeries -yet)
    But sooo much pain every day.
    Very frustrating, as i don't know if i should just be calorie counting and trying to lose weight, or if i should start building muscle and get fitter/stronger.
  • Get fit whilst getting thin and be an inspiration to the fatties in my family! =D
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Both. I'd love to be fit but I want to be thin, too. It's sad, I know. I just want to fit into cute clothes and not have my belly hanging out when I sit down.
  • sundrine
    Options
    Fit! I love exercise and I'm trying to improve my endurance and strength right now. When I was younger I ate a ton of candy and hated sports and physical activity. I was missing out. I don't care if I lose pounds, as long as I lose inches and gain muscle.