No one is supportive!

Options
1235»

Replies

• DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just continue to lead by example and stay the course :). Cook healthy and when your family asks you what did u make to eat? Tell them "take it or leave it".

I agree. Maybe make the same stuff only "healthier", they don't need to know. ;-)

Could be too that he's afraid of change. I agree with lead by example and when he sees your success and greater energy level maybe he'll get on board. If not, well you know you're healthy. You can only change you really. He'll change when he's ready to change.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Don't you dare give up!

This may be easier said than done but lead by example.

Get the kids involved in the cooking and shopping process.

All you can do is become the change that you would like to see.

Continue to hang on the boards. (((hugs)))
  • mama4loca
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Culley34
    Options
    I'm single and live with two friends from high school. One leads a sedentary lifestyle, and by my estimation, has gained about 50-60 lbs since graduating college a few years back.

The other is active-- he runs, plays golf (walking the full 18) etc...

However, both have awful diets. For the first, the results are clear. You reap what you sow. For the second, he always complains about his inability to shake his manboobs and spare tire. I try to explain to him that exercise, while necessary, will not put you in the end zone. I think your results are 70% diet 30% exercise. I've seen people that don't workout, but look good because of their diet. I've seen a few cases where it doesn't matter what someone eats... They don't gain a pound. Which is "healthier" is a debate for a different day.

I understand your sitation completely. I remember that I caught a world of *kitten* when I began to shop at Whole Foods for certain things (chicken, fruit, and veggies) because I noticed as I cooked more-- I found the food to be much more flavorful. However, every now and again-- I'll get a compliment. On Labor Day, at a cookout, a number of my relatives started putting my tips into their iPhones, and that made me feel good.

Always remember-- you could be the catalyst for someone else's weight loss!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a possibility too...it's hard to push yourself into weight loss and feel resentful to someone who is doing it...I used to judge my roommate all the time because she's fit, but the reality was I wasn't happy and jealous

BUMP