10 Pounds for Halloween!

Options
For most people, Halloween means dressing up and going to a party with your friends. Whether your 20 or 50, you still want to feel good in your Halloween costume. Now for me, I will be going to Disney World and Universal Studios for Halloween this year, and I would love to look good for my trip! This DB will help motivate us to lose weight for Halloween!

My current weight: 150
Halloween Goal: 140

There are 57 days left until Halloween, so I figure 10 pounds is a good realistic goal.

Start off by your current weight and your Halloween Goal.

Our next weigh-in day will be Sept 10th.

Replies

• amylouatkinson
    amylouatkinson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in!! My birthday is halloween. I will officially be 40! Looking to loose 15 pounds by Halloween.

CW: 233
    GW: 218

We can do this!
  • vikipaz
    Options
    Brilliant idea and motivator! Thanks Jmastrill.
    I am setting my goal a bit lower, to be realistic to my own patterns/progress. Another 6-10 llbs by then would make me a happy camper.

Btw, I'm a shortie - only 5 2".

Current weight: 131
    Halloween Goal : 125

Go us!
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Awesome we can totally do it! I want to push myself to start walking more, maybe do some lifting to get my arms not so flabby :) I would also like to lay off the potatoes, candy, and soda.
  • jmurad27
    jmurad27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am totally in my goal is to go from 154 to 145 and feel comfortable enough to wear something form fitting instead of a sheet over my head. GO TEAM! :)
  • jvac9397
    jvac9397 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in. i want to wear something cute this year instead of something baggy like always. I'm going to push it and try for 15 lbs. Nothing but 110% in all my workouts.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 147.8
    Halloween Goal: 137.8

I am going to try for 10 lbs. also. I would love to wear something form fitting and show off some legs for a costume! I have never been comfortable in something short.

My goal is also to run at least 3 days a week and do a mini challenge on here everyday. I would also like to cut back on sweets and sodas, less eating out also.

I think you will love Universal for Halloween. If you go to Halloween Horror nights it's pretty fun and scary too.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am in! I need this. I have been at the same weight for a while and trying to start agian.

10 lbs to go til 10/31/12!
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    CW 141
    GW 127

14 lbs in about 2 months. do-able but will require alot of hard work. Goal is to cut out all fast food, chocolate and chips. I also want to get 6 workouts in a week.
  • 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also joined the group loose 20 before Halloween last week.

CW -177
    GW for Hallowen - 161
  • clrug0912
    clrug0912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I want in! I don't even know if I'll have anywhere to wear a costume to but I think this is a great idea!!!
  • jessmastrilli
    Options
    missmayeb - I agree with you. Last year I wore a Cave girl outfit that made me look like I was pregnant. Although my husband said I was cute, I was kind of bummed out the entire Halloween Party.

I am so excited for Universal's Horror Nights. I have gone to several theme park's Halloween events, and I'm sure this will blow all of them out of the water! I'm excited about all their costumes and props. We were there during their Mardigras event and their costumes were magnificent. I really enjoyed their parade floats, so I'm sure they definitely out do themselves in Halloween. I didn't really want to do Mickey's Halloween Party because it was like $60 extra and based on trick or treating, a parade, and special fireworks. Although that would be great, I just don't know if it's worth the crowds. But I'm excited to go to Disney on a normal October day and see all the decorations.
  • NikkiBMomof2
    NikkiBMomof2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd love to loose 10lbs by Halloween!

I plan to work out 4-5 days per week doing C25K 3 of those days.
    Consume atleast 8 servings of water per day.

CW: 194
    Goal: 184

We can do this! :)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Between now and Halloween, I'd love to take another inch off my waist and an inch (or two) off each thigh :)
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We so can do this. I too will be at Disney World for Halloween and would like to be thinner before I go.

CW - 162
    GW for Halloween - 150
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! :happy:

CW: 161.4
    HGW: 151

That's Halloween Goal Weight, of course :wink:

My hubby and I will be attending Necronomicon in St. Pete, Florida, the last weekend in October, and I hope to fit into at least a couple costumes that I had for last year's DragonCon.

Due to some physical damage I'm working with, I will focus on walking...and I'm going to *try* to lift my light hand-weights. Either that or bench pressing my 11 pound cat :laugh:
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    oh why not?

i'm in!

current weight : 217
    Goal for halloween: 207

here we go!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    You know what, I'll give it a try :)

CW: 187
    GW for Halloween: 177

I have it in my mind that I want to lose 25-30 by Thanksgiving (aka start of ski season).

I'm at 8 lost so that means 17-22lbs to lose before Thanksgiving and if I lose 10 by Halloween that means only 7-12 for Thanksgiving! :D
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

CW 181.5
    HGW 169

I would love to be in the 160s by Halloween. My daughter turns 8 on the 21st of October, and would love to have lost most of that by then, so that when the family gets together I will feel better about people taking my picture. Right now I make sure to not have my picture taken, it looks like I'm never at my kid's birthday party LOL!
  • peaceloveskinnyy
    Options
    Yeahh I'm totally in. Current weight: 154, Goal: 145 (-9lbs). We can do it!
  • jessmastrilli
    Options
    LOL! My cat is about the same weight too! Maybe I should start doing that, although she doesn't even like being held for two seconds.