Geek Alert

Options

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am geek. I have finally come to terms with it. My sibling always told me I was a geek and I love sci fi and all that geeky stuff. And I am a super book worm and not your romance novels either. Love to workout and be fit too. Its awesome.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a math geek as I do math for a living but love sports more than anything. I play softball still and want to play volleyball again. I'm involved in too many fantasy football leagues. I also like geeky guys :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hells yes-Lord of the Rings, baby...extended versions, all the way.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome geek friend! I am totally nerdy, good to know there are many of us multifaceted people on here!
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    right hurr... I'm a geek and a nerd, AND I love playing sports. In fact, one of my main goals is to be able to play roller hockey again!
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    I was at DragonCon all last weekend. You tell me. :D
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    <--- geek, cartoons, video games, computers, and I've even drawn up mathematical projections of the day i will hit certain goals

LOVE IT! oops...did my Geek side slip out? LOL HERE HERE

I get random emails, phone calls and text messages for help with math problems. My friend w/ a Ph.D. in nutrition asked me just last week to help her explain some math to her...Does this make me a geek or nerd?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I usually had a game of chess going anytime I was writing during my grad. school studies.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Im a geek totally , i enjoy video games with my kids, i am a war of 1812 re-enactor on a 3 pound cannon.. SO GEEK ME !!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My confession....I too am a geek. Started way back when with D&D, EQ, then moved to WoW, LotRO, RoM, Allods, PFW, FW, MTGO, You name it i've tried it. Love pokemon, Mario RPG (Amazing Classic), Star Wars, Star Trek, everything.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That fits me. Geek (star wars, star trek, firefly, BSG, etc) and into being healthy. Oh, and beginner in the SCA
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yep! Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Dr. Who, BSG. Also a certified professional scientist-type. :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There's a gamer group and a comic book fans group.

For comic book fans: Comics N Things
    For gamers: MFP Gamers
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    present and accounted for... including a mildly unhealthy love for Excel Spreadsheets...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    More of a nerd. I LOVE science and sharing it. But also a geek/trekkie/whovian/ science fiction lover.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :)
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    <-- Got all state in basketball and football.. Went to college for 4.3gpa.. Undercover geek.. anyone got that madden 13 or excited about mw3 in november :-)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    present and accounted for... including a mildly unhealthy love for Excel Spreadsheets...

I too also love excel...:drinker:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yep! Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Dr. Who, BSG. Also a certified professional scientist-type. :)

I'm a Whovian as well...Season 7 opener...OMG Good!
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to give me three cheers for MST3K?