Geek Alert

Options

Replies

• Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Anyone want to give me three cheers for MST3K?

Cheers x3! Proud owner of every season!
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am on this train. I've done soccer, softball, basketball, tennis, fencing, gym stuff, running, hiking, biking, blah blah blah. It's all endurance training to play Elder Scrolls games in that wicked hard mode where you have to stay hydrated in game, though.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to give me three cheers for MST3K?

Cheers x3! Proud owner of every season!

I'll Second that MST3K Cheer :)
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yep! Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Dr. Who, BSG. Also a certified professional scientist-type. :)

I'm a Whovian as well...Season 7 opener...OMG Good!

Oh man, so good!

Did you see the trailer for the next? It induced me to say "this is the best show ever made".
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Have a whole set of Dungeons and Dragons handbooks from the 70's-80's....but still don't consider myself a geek....I'm not smart enough lol
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    YES SIR!!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Programmer and I collect old console games
    What do I win?
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yep! Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Dr. Who, BSG. Also a certified professional scientist-type. :)

I'm a Whovian as well...Season 7 opener...OMG Good!

Oh man, so good!

Did you see the trailer for the next? It induced me to say "this is the best show ever made".

Yeah...trailer looked great. BTW: "Whats a word for complete and total genius while still being modest and a tad bit sexy?"
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If I'm not sweating, I'm coding.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Not a gamer or star wars kind of geek, but have absolutely no problem with you fine individuals. I am however an outdoor person, I love softball, running, and all things fitness. I love the way it makes me look and feel good.

May I just say you geeks are mighty awesome people though ;)
  • hades80
    Options
    never understood the difference between nerd and geek but yes I think I'm a geek :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am a straight up geek(star wars, games, etc), but also love fitness, and being athletic(baseball, hockey, soccer, etc.). I was just wondering if there were any others like me...

Oh, most definitely! LOL For my part, I'm not so much a gamer, but I love sci-fi movies/TV shows, comic book characters/movies, and I'm a book worm. However, I also love sports and the outdoors.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Does reading the Silmarillion 5 times in the last 10 years count as being a geek?

LOTR IS FOR ROOKIES! Túrin Turambar was the true tragic hero of middle earth!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not an ULTRA geek like pc games and mmorpgs or anything, BUT I am more geek than girl. Fck clothes and shoes.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Not a gamer or star wars kind of geek, but have absolutely no problem with you fine individuals. I am however an outdoor person, I love softball, running, and all things fitness. I love the way it makes me look and feel good.

May I just say you geeks are mighty awesome people though ;)

LOL thanks? I love the outdoors as much as I love the indoors! :wink:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    never understood the difference between nerd and geek but yes I think I'm a geek :)

I think nerds are geeks who are also brainiacs (think "Big Bang Theory"), whereas a geek is of more or less average intelligence, but is fanatical about a certain subject such as comic books, sci-fi, etc..., and may or may not be a little more odd than the average person (think "Fanboys" or "Napoleon Dynamite").
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I am a geek! Not too into athletics but am big on health stuff and moderate fitness. Just don't like sports... still scarred from being ostracized back in grade school from them lol. Nobody wanted the frail nerd on their team.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fold!

Love my scifi, love my gaming laptop, love my xbox and card games- and now I'm geeky about fitness!

We even have a group, it's on my profile page if you wanna join (I don't know how to do all the technical stuff D: not a techy geek!)
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    yep :D I even play DDR and Just Dance as part of my exercise routine. Zelda is my favorite series and I currently play League of Legends.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I guess in the traditional sense you could call me a geek. I am a systems engineer, application development etc. I rocked a 486 back in the day. I love almost anything that thinkgeek sells, love FPS, and any given day I can be found in front of the tv watching old reruns of, firefly, torchwood, primeval, dr who, and so on.

On the other hand, I am a former Military Police officer, I do crossfit 4-5 days a week, have a 265 bench, hold a 3rd brown belt in Kenpo, I love to mountain bike, 4-wheel and I can be somehwat popular with the ladies, the wife says I am a flirt, so a lot of things opposite of the traditional geek...

Whatever... new age geek..... hybrid geek... DEf a crossfit geek... and a scifi nerd