How do you guys drink water?

Options

Replies

• coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually drink my water throughout the day out of a cup or bottled water. Water is always on my desk. Instead of getting something other than water to drink at lunch I get a new cup with ice and water one its free and two it aid in weight loss. Good luck and drink up there is also a app if you have a smartphone that reminds you to drink every hour or so I believe.
  • chrissytina71
    Options
    I keep a 16 oz cup at work and I fill it up at least 2-3 times a day. I also try to only drink water with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I occasionally have a diet soda or a cup of coffee, but I mainly stick with plain water.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I like mine cold and a bit of fresh lemon juice
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was given this massive pink cup/mug when I was in labor with my daughter. It probably holds 6 cups worth of fluid. I fill it up in the morning and just sip it all day - by the end of the day I've probably drank two or three of them. Which is a CRAP ton of water, but it also keeps me from "Grazing" in the kitchen.
  • amandae0182
    Options
    All I drink is water, I always have at least a water bottle on me. Try it with fruits in it or lemon it will break it up!
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    There are certain moments that I drink a cup at one time, like in morning when I wake up and before I go to bed. Throughout the rest of the day I space it out. What helps me also watch my eating and maintain the weight is I'll drink some water before eating to help with smaller portion meals. Hope this helps out some. Good Luck!!
  • Jester522
    Options
    I take a bottle of water, unscrew the cap, purse my lips to for a small hole for entry, tilt the bottle bottom up and allow liquid to enter my mouth. At this point I consciously tell my esophagus to contract in a motion that moves water from my throat to my stomach. I do this frequently through the day averaging about 1-1.5 gallons.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't drink enough, I get a new water bottle. Something fun to drink out of really helps me make sure I get it down. I have water with me ALL the time.

Also, the reason you gain like 4lbs after drinking a lot is because water is heavy! Even a cup or two has weight and drinking it all at once, will make you gain weight. So, if you don't want to see water weight, don't stand on the scale right after drinking! It can be very discouraging to see the weight for something you are just going to pee in a few hours!

a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds!
  • hster3
    hster3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think some days I drink TOO much water. I usually drink ~100 fl oz of water a day, plus I drink tea and eat a lot of watery vegetables and fruits. I always get up to pee at night, at least 2 times, and at most 5 times! It really is a pain. I read somewhere that your levels of ADH increase at night so your kidney's should produce less urine, but I think mine don't do that. Sometimes by the end of the day my lower body feels swollen, as though I'm retaining a whole bunch of water. Those are the nights when I pee the most.

But anyway, yes I drink water, and I drink a lot! I usually have my first 32 ounce bottle in the morning mixed with a packet of emergen-C to start the day off right :)
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    as I mentioned earlier, if you are getting up several times a night to pee, you are drinking way too much water. You simply DO NOT NEED TO.

Drinking too much water raises your blood volume, puts strain on your circulatory system, and unnecessarily strains your kidneys. Everyone says peeing all the time flushes out toxins. It flushes out good things as well, like electrolytes and water soluble vitamins.

Water is good!!! too much water is bad.
    I think some days I drink TOO much water. I usually drink ~100 fl oz of water a day, plus I drink tea and eat a lot of watery vegetables and fruits. I always get up to pee at night, at least 2 times, and at most 5 times! It really is a pain. I read somewhere that your levels of ADH increase at night so your kidney's should produce less urine, but I think mine don't do that. Sometimes by the end of the day my lower body feels swollen, as though I'm retaining a whole bunch of water. Those are the nights when I pee the most.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I aim to drink 3 litres of water a day. I usually drink two litres at work, I have a 1 litre bottle that I fill up twice. And then I drink one litre at home.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I really love sparkling water. Zero calories but it helps break up the monotony of regular water. I tend to drink throughout the day as I'm sitting on my desk at work, and have found that I'm much better about drinking it more now. It also helps curb my cravings for unhealthy stuff. And you can get it in flavors - orange is my favorite. Just be careful you're actually getting sparkling WATER; some of the newer brands describe themselves as zero calorie and have some iffy stuff in them for flavoring. I like Deer Park, Pellegrino, and Perrier.

When I'm training outside in the heat, I like to add the Propel Zero flavoring to my water too.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Also weigh yourself in the morning, before you eat/drink anything and after you go to the bathroom. This should be when you're at your lightest.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How? I usually drink mine straight from the bottle! :laugh: Seriously, I was once like you; all I drank was milk, juice, ice-tea and Pepsi! Lots of Pepsi!! :drinker:

Now, I just drink water! I don't know how I went from drinking a 12-pack of 24 oz cans a day to nothing but water, but I did! To give it a bit of flavor, I'll add sliced lemons or a Ocean Spray drink mix.

If you feel that you want or need to drink more water, just start by replacing one of your other drinks for a glass of water. Sip it slowly until you find the entire glass empty. Hopefully this will work for you.

Best of luck!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    With slices of lemon or springs of fresh mint in. I drink lots of tea and coffee, but also lots of water.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    With a bit of lemon in the morning. And carry a bottle around wherever I go.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ice cold through a straw..I don't know why but I drink more when I use a straw

I am like that too. My water intake increases a lot if I use a straw.
  • dawndelion
    dawndelion Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like drinking it cold and add slices of lime or lemon- or both!

To make sure I get my 2L a day (64oz/8c), I measured how much my trusty hard plastic bottle holds. Then I put rubberbands around it... as I finish a bottle, I roll the 'band down toward the bottom. The other ones are at top as a visual reminder of how much I have left!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I use the drink mixes by either Crystal Light or the Great Value Wal-Mart brand. I just don't have the taste for regular water and that is the only way I will drink water.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    When I'm at work, I drink my quota of water. I get a 1 L bottle of water, drink that from start of work to my lunch, and then refill and then drink from lunch to the end of the day, then I have my 8 cups of water