so, what was the REAL motivation?

Options

Replies

• oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Even though she hadn't lost all her baby weight either she was trying to make ME look bad! So I took that as motivation and I literally worked my *kitten* off! Now I'm down to 120 and everytime we are at a family function and somebody mentions how good I look or how much weight i've lost she leaves the room. Haha!! I can't help but laugh inside every time it happens! The kicker is she said behind my back I must be losing weight b/c i'm having an affair! Really?!? Jealous much!?!? lol

That was my REAL motivation. :)
    :laugh: You are my favorite person today because of that.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I saw myself in a picture at my sister-in-law's birthday party and couldn't believe how I looked. That's where it all started. I still fall off the wagon from time to time and just yesterday I saw myself in the big mirrors at the gym and really didn't like what I saw so here we go again.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    It's simple really, I hated the girl I saw in the mirror. It wasn't ME. I want to be on the outside- the same woman I am on the inside.

That- and I want to be around to see my son grow up- and lead by example . I don't want him to end up like who I was .
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    (Blushing) To let my husband know that I've still "got it" after having my fourth child. (I am remarried, 42, and the youngest is his first child.) I am now back to the weight that I was when we met in 2007...but I'm not stopping here baby! :wink:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Stick it to the ex, no lie.

That and I train and show horses for a living and few things look as ridiculous to me as a really fat rider.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My first time hubby and I were fighting and I let myself go after having a baby. I lost 5-10 lbs getting my wisdom teeth pulled and it felt good... since we were fighting I would go the gym to get away even twice sometimes!

After all was well, I kept working out and losing. I lost alot of weight for a dress, then the last little bit to see him while he was in Japan.

Sad to say I've gained back 30 lbs not due to my eating or working out....but because of the medical problems that occur with me and the meds I'm on.

Hubby is very supportive because he sees I'm still working hard to keep myself in check, but hates that I feel horrible and want to hide from people because they all see how much weight I've gained from the very thin me last year!
  • kscott0612
    kscott0612 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Even though she hadn't lost all her baby weight either she was trying to make ME look bad! So I took that as motivation and I literally worked my *kitten* off! Now I'm down to 120 and everytime we are at a family function and somebody mentions how good I look or how much weight i've lost she leaves the room. Haha!! I can't help but laugh inside every time it happens! The kicker is she said behind my back I must be losing weight b/c i'm having an affair! Really?!? Jealous much!?!? lol

That was my REAL motivation. :)
    :laugh: You are my favorite person today because of that.

Haha!! Thank you! True story! LOL It actually felt good to type that. :laugh: :tongue:
  • rladd6421
    Options
    i want to wear a wench outfit to the renaissance faire this year and want to bulge in all the right places not all the wrong places lol, also i saw a pic of myself on facebook at my neices bday party and i looked really fat. So far i'm down 36lbs and only have 8 more to go to reach my goal, not to shabby in under 6mos.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for attention.
    I want people to see me and say "WOW you look great!!"

I also want to turn heads. I'm not unhappy with my husband, nor do I want to cheat. I just want to have that feeling that I'm still hot (or hot again!)

Of course, the other reasons are for my health and my kids... but really.. who am I kidding if I don't admit it?!
  • Orbidal
    Orbidal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For multiple reasons I guess.
    First, I hated that I had gone from a 31" waist to a 38"
    Second, I had a lot of clothes that I wanted to wear that I couldn't fit into anymore
    C, I wanted to look sexier for my wife
    4, I am hoping to encourage my wife to lose weight and get healthier as well,
    e, I have a free gym membership and personal trainers at work, I figured I should definitely take advantage of that,

As you can see, my original motivations were somewhat vain and shallow, however, my motivation now is to see what I can accomplish. As far as how ripped or healthy I get, it has become shear unadulterated curiosity as to how far I can push myself. I have become completely addicted to the gym. One side benefit of this lifestyle change was that I finally, after 10 years, quit smoking. I couldn't see continuing such a habit when I would spend 30-45 minutes after a 6-8 minute HIIT session gasping for air like I was dying.

My greatest motivator now is to stick it to all of the people who talked trash or made fun of me for being slightly overweight when I was younger. While they sit around and get older with me, I will make them see that while I gave a damn when it mattered, they let themselves go. I'm obviously harboring some repressed anger here, but thanks to my new addiction, I have a positive and healthy outlet for it :).
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons.....

One, I medically had to lose weight because of a swollen optical nerve. I already have bad vision but I didn't want to lose it completely. Two, the same as some of the other women because I am heavier now than I was when I was pregnant. Three, I just needed to do it for myself and to feel better about myself. I hate to see an outfit that I like in the store and know that I could not pull it off at my size. This is the first time I have actually been able to lose the weight and start to keep up with it. I am starting off slow because I do not want to fail at my goals. Seeing the numbers go down on the scale is a beautiful thing. =)
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My point was a few things.. I have a 4 year old, she looks up to my younger sister who is involved in sports in high school. I want to be able to practice with my daughter as she starts getting involved in sports and such and be able to keep up with her! I was never super skinny, but was ok with how I looked. Since I had my daughter, I weigh more now and gained more weight than I did my entire pregnancy. I hate how I look, I hate looking in mirrors. I'm not in very many pictures with my daughter because of being so heavy. I want to love having my picture taken again and enjoy those special moments. Also, being a single mom at 24, it's been hard to meet guys to begin with. Not very many want to put up with the responsibility of having a kid already, add on that I'm not 'sexy' and skinny... I want to be able to be confident in meeting a guy and being out with people in general. I want to be skinny again and look good in and out of clothes and be able to have a long healthy life with my daughter. I want people to look back and say "damn, she looks good!"
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    when I stepped on the scale at the Dr. and weighed more than I did at 9 mths pregnant. That was it!!

THIS :(
  • sjo1001804
    Options
    Thats what I need real motivation.. I start out doing so well working out , eating right and tracking.. Then I start feeling better about myself and stop.. I know it make no since at all. if anyone can give me some advice I am willing to listen and run with it..
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    After going on vacation with my family we were looking back at all the photos and I saw some really bad photos of myself, I knew that it was time to see how much I weighed 214lbs I was so upset I am 5ft 2in and I was 17 at the time I am 21 now I have fallen off the wagon a couple times but I am now back on and I am down to 177 and going strong. My sister Brother-in-law Grandma and I now walk 2.5 miles every morning. I know also walk behind my house with my niece and nephews and when they are running I can keep up with them :D
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough something happened last night as I helped my daughter draw her family for her kindergarten homework. She drew everyone and when I asked who was who, she pointed me out . . .I was the only stick figure with a round belly!! However, she had erased it previously because she said my tummy wasn't THAT big :( This is NOT the kind of role model I want to be for my daughter!!!! I desparately need to make a lifestyle change now!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I used to have soooo many reasons why I wanted to lose weight but now there is only one reason that holds any weight (pun intended) It is to feel good within my own skin. I don't care if others comment on how much weight I have lost. I don't care about those kinds of things anymore even though they are always nice to hear.
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For me the 'final straw' is because of some uncertainty with my job. If I'm going to be out in the job market again I have enough to contend with being over 50 without the discrimination you get from having a weight problem too. I've never been happy being over what I should be but over the years it has crept up and I haven't done anything about until it's got too bad, now I'm on tablets for my blood pressure and when my weight is lower I don't have high blood pressure so it will be great to get of those. However, the final straw as I've said was the possibility of having to find a new job in the middle of a recession aged over 50 and classified as obese (Ihate that word, it's a horrible word). I am now determined to get to the weight I am supposed to be for my height and keep it like that. I've only been doing this since May and have very nearly lost 2 stone I am thrilled with my progress and that is motivating me even further.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I had three times in a row where I got a free t-shirt, but they didn't come in XXL. I was mad at first, then I realized that it's *me* and not them.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Thats what I need real motivation.. I start out doing so well working out , eating right and tracking.. Then I start feeling better about myself and stop.. I know it make no since at all. if anyone can give me some advice I am willing to listen and run with it..

You and me both....I seem to self-sabotage myself.... I lose weight and feel bettern and think " I'm doing so good It'll be ok if I eat this and that and I'll burn it off later.." then I keep eating bad and fall off the wagon and gain weight again and get so mad at myself. I know there has to be some psychological reason that I stop.... I just can't figure out what it is exactly. When people notice and give me compliments I'm happy and I like it but...IDK there is a "trigger word" or phrase said that gets me and I don't don't what it is or how to stop it from making me go back to doing bad....