• laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    liking my naked reflection.

you asked, i answered.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Had a miscarriage in 2010 at my heaviest... been trying to have a baby for 3 years now and am determined that the issue stopping me from producing progesterone is my weight.

I'm bound and determined to lose and get pregnant hopefully this year. I stated on new years that this was the year of transformations and I meant it
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    To impress a boy :blushing: and my family and friends when I get home to aus ahahahah typical ! but then mostly for me coz i've a hot *kitten* chicky in here somewhere and my fat self doesnt match my rocking personality :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I want to execute my plan for world domination that makes everyone love Chobani Greek yogurt, except the lemon because that crap is nasty. I will rename the world Chobanistan and each year we will have a huge parade around the world displaying all the wonderful flavors you can put into your mouth.

To accomplish this, I need to be elected President. My odds of being elected a fat president are slimmer than being elected when I'm in good shape. Therefore, I must eat well and workout.

The day will come, it will come . . .

:)
  • drivenheart85
    Options
    In the beginning, because I didn't want to die alone. Seriously. I was 26 years old and very alone in life, figured nearing the obesity line wasn't helping things. Only problem with that motivator is when you lose the weight and you're still alone. Ha! Whoops...forgot losing weight isn't an instant cure all! My dating life is better and my confidence is better though...I'm sure that will help in the long run.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    It became a real issue I think for me when I heard that my dad was given 6 months to a year to live. I have always been a heavy person I can't remember a time in my life where I was even little. My mother is a Type 1 Diabetic and my father is a Type 2 Diabetic. Well about 2 years ago he had a diabetic wound appear on the back of his foot and it ate out the tendon's well he flat out refused to have his leg amputated. So he stayed 51 days in the hospital and they pumped him so full of medicine that it damaged his kidneys to the point of the doctor's telling him you have 6 month's to a year to live. It is a struggle everyday with him he can barely walk. I moved back in with my parents so I can help my mother take care of him. She has arthritis in her joints and can barely take care of him as it is. I don't want to end up like my father. And I pray everyday that God will heal him. He's made it past 6 months and I want him to make it after that. My parents raised me and took care of me and I want to take care of them as long as I am able to.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for attention.
    I want people to see me and say "WOW you look great!!"

I also want to turn heads. I'm not unhappy with my husband, nor do I want to cheat. I just want to have that feeling that I'm still hot (or hot again!)

Of course, the other reasons are for my health and my kids... but really.. who am I kidding if I don't admit it?!

^^THIS!!
    I want to look HOT! I am 28 and am married with 2 kids and I don't want to cheat or anything.... Nor do I want to look frumpy and let myself go just because I am off the market...I'd like to have GOOD attention and think to myself I could take home any man in here I wanted. ( Not that I want to) My husband is happy with my looks right now but I know he'd love it if I lost my excess weight. Plus. I'd like to inspire him to lose his baby-Keg and get a 6-pack. Is that so much to ask?... Really?... I'd like my daughters to have a hot mom that takes care of herself. I am there role model and I also don't want them to have weight issues and low self-esteme. I've never had much confidence in my appearence and I'm working on changing that for good, right NOW! :)
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Some tool made a comment (in front of me) that my fiance only is only attracted to fat girls. We were on a date out for dinner, and that a**hole just happened to be there. That really hurt!

Also, I was in a hotel room getting dressed for a wedding (feeling pretty crappy about how I looked in a dress) The same deushbag text my fiances phone, and I read the message he wrote "So, we were just curious, how much does Amber weigh?" I almost didn't go to the wedding because I cried so much. This guy is a 'family friend' we no longer talk to him, but he is always around. I'm going to see this idiot in a few months. That's obviously not my only reason but that just festers inside of me, hurts my feelings and makes me strive to lose weight.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with IBS- I decided I wasn't going to listen to anyone and ate anything and everything making myself constantly sick. After always feeling exhausted and yucky, I decided enough was enough!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have always worked hard at exercise. I've always wanted to be an athlete since I was 19 years old (I am 52 now).

I just wanted to look like the athlete I thought I was, or that I worked hard enough to be. It took me 15 years to learn that you can not burn enough calories with exercise to negate eating too much, and I didn't even think I ate too much. That is why I am passionate about the fact that exercise calories are highly overrated.

my wordpress blog http://bobbiesfitness.com/
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says they want to get thinner to be healthier, or to look better in clothes, etc, but I've found there's usually something else that nobody really wants to share.

What is the REAL thing that made you say, "thats it. I'm losing weight"?

years ago I was quiet heavy and a neighbor made a comment about how she wasn't worried about me if I went to her house when her husband was home alone. She didn't say it because she trusted me, OR him. She said it because I was fat (she had made other remarks too). I was determined to make her worry.

i got tired of my body. ever since christmas, my family has been making comments on me gaining weight. i've been small all my life, and even a few pounds are noticeable on me. especially 30 extra. i had to go out and buy new clothes because none of them fit. next thing i knew those didn't fit anymore. i don't have the money to go out and buy clothes like that.

i looked pregnant, my sister in law said i looked 6 months along. i was terrified that someone i didn't know would ask me about it, luckily they never did.

my husband didn't marry a fat girl, why should he have to be married to one now?
  • MJR819
    Options
    1) Had to change seats on a roller coaster in front of my daughters
    2) Was told everyday what a "fat and ugly" person I was when I was married
    3) Tired of being alone...and let's face it, over weight guys are overlooked. Doesn't matter how good of a person you are or how much you have to offer a woman...they (sorry about the generalization) seem to just overlook you when you aren't in shape.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I sprained my knee this summer and it wasn't healing as it should, that was my motivation.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My husband's colleague asked if I wanted to join her trainer's program as she needed two people on her team. He basically voltunTOLD me that I was going to do it. That's the first time my husband has roped me into something that I am THANKFUL for his intervention. =B

Now I'm doing it for the renewed courage in my abilities. For the strength I feel when I lift. For the freedom I feel when I run. For my children's future. And for the rekindling of my marriage which I once thought was a lost cause.

It all helps.
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gosh, there were so many things that SHOULD have been the final straw for me:

1. Every year on our anniversary My husband and I go to the same restaurant where we had our wedding reception. A couple years ago, I couldn't fit in the booth, so we left and have never gone back.
    2. Getting over the 300 lb mark. Ugh.
    3. Even clothes at the "Fat Lady Store" (Lane Bryant) are too small for me.
    4. Constantly swollen feet, constant sore back, constant pain in my ankles and knees
    5. Not being able to reach to wipe myself
    6. Not being able to play with my daughter. I just don't have the energy, and it's too hard for me to get up and down off the floor.

I could go on and on. I wanted desperately to be able to lose the weight and get healthier, but just didn't know how to do it. I couldn't stay motivated on ANY diet. I hated exercise with a passion. Everything was too hard. It was too hard to eat healthier. It was too hard to get up and move. I knew that I wasn't far from becoming just like the mom from Gilbert Grape. I felt my world closing up and felt helpless to do anything about it.

By pure coincidence I happened upon a fitness podcast by a guy I follow who also podcasts about an MMO I play. He started out at 450 pounds and has lost 100 pounds so far. He's very candid about what he goes through as an obese person - emotionally and physically. He was my motivation. For whatever reason, something finally clicked in me, and I'm able to exercise without it feeling like torture, and I'm able to forego the unhealthy foods without feeling deprived.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    When I stand and stare in front of my closet realizing nothing fits me....I cried and decided not only I fit into my old clothes but I'm buying me a smaller size someday.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So many reasons. I think the tipping point was getting on a scale for the first time in months and realizing that I was closer to 300 lbs than 200 lbs. OMG. I cried that morning and joined this site that same day.

Also, I was a pretty girl when I was younger and now I just feel frumpy. I think I can get further in my career if I'm thinner. That's sad to say but true. Fat people get overlooked for promotions.
  • Kryssaxo
    Options
    Honestly it just got to a point when my body didn't accept **** food anymore. Fast food was usually a huge huge part of my diet but when my body didn't even want it anymore I knew there was a problem. When I got on the scale and weighed over 270 pounds I nearly died. The number wasn't the issue to me, it was how I was abusing my body. So I've since lost a chunk of that weight and strive to lose more and I'm feeling fantastic. No more guilt and a healthy lifestyle is much better than a value meal.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My "aah haa" moment was in the fall of 2010. Summer was over and I tried on a pair of jeans one day...they were too tight, then I looked in the mirror! It was the first time I truly "saw myself" and thought wow...I can't let this happen. Those jeans were a size 18 and there was no way I was going to a 20. That day I made the decision to join Weight Watchers and I did. I'm still a member, but have found much more motivation and support here at MFP!! Thanks guys!! I bought a new pair of jeans this past Sunday and they are a size 10!!! Now I LIKE to look at myself in the mirror....and my husband REALLY likes to look at me (not that he ever didn't!). I love being healthy and love exercise! Who knew.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I looked at bariatric surgery for 2 years before I got the courage to do it and have the gastric sleeve. Best thing I ever did for myself, but what finally made me do it? Another vacation with my husband where I had to sit and watch him do things because at 386 pounds I was either physically too large for that small space or just too fat to manage to participate. I was 54 at that point with the mobility of someone probably 100 years old. I was done! I had my surgery July 21, 2011 and have lost 121 pounds so far. I feel wonderful and look great (compared to what I looked like 14 months ago). Am I still overweight? I have another 105 to go, so yes. But not for long. I will loose the rest of this weight. :smile: