When Do You Log your Food

Options
124»

Replies

• oOMusicBabii
    Options
    i do mine as i go! i am a firm believer of bite it write it!!! thats my motto :)
    This! If I waited until the end of the day I'd be over every day :laugh:
    Firstly, agreed.
    Secondly, what is you profile pic MrsSWW...looks like a mini stair climber?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I try to log as much in advance as possible. I do what others have mentioned. I add, tweak and delete recipes as needed. I tweak my log during the day if it changes. I often find that I have to drop food during the day, as I might miss my snack time.

I also (generally) don’t put it in my mouth unless I have whipped out the phone app and entered it. That makes me count it and aware of what I am doing. And I don’t forget it that way; it’s too easy to forget the little things.

Went to a fundraiser one night where it was heavy hor d'oeuvres for dinner. THAT was a challenge. I had only been using MFP about three weeks. I spent the ride home in the passenger seat trying to get my husband to remember what I had put in my mouth. I over ate 1000 calories that day, by my estimate. But today I still would not drag out my phone there. I guess that is kind of my limit.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I generally log in the morning on the bus to work because I already know my breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day. I find that if I do it that way, I can figure out how much wiggle room I have for dinner. Also, weirdly, I find it helps to have a roadmap of what I'm going to eat for the day. For dinner I generally log as I'm cooking and before I eat and if I'm out and about, I'm logging into the phone app (which is a godsend!)
  • ginaxena
    ginaxena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan in the morning ... feels like a mini-contract with myself to remain on track. If I'm eating out ... I search the menu on line and kinda pre-plan what I want to eat adjusting my other meals to accomodate.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying! I mostly log after eating. I am usually logging right up to bedtime because I always eat many small "meals" a day...works better for my digestion :smile:

@oOMusicBabii...excellent idea to send yourself a text. Mostly I log with my iPod app but sometimes I jot it down on paper. I will have to remember to text it to myself :happy:

Thank you all for the ideas!
  • stillme4you
    Options
    As soon as I eat. I try to keep up with it otherwise I might forget something.
  • bluebert
    bluebert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As soon as I eat it. Same with the exercise.
  • LCoombs45
    Options
    I try and log everything for the day in the morning when I wake up, then I tweak it if anything goes awry!
    If I logged after I ate, I'd be worrying all day about whether I was going to go over or not.
  • wfreeve71
    wfreeve71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As I go along. Smart Phone and/or computer. Otherwise I'll forget something.:smile:
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    @oOMusicBabii...excellent idea to send yourself a text. Mostly I log with my iPod app but sometimes I jot it down on paper. I will have to remember to text it to myself :happy:

Thank you all for the ideas!
    I always have my phone on me so it's a perfect solution for me.

You have gotten some excellent responses here as well!
  • karen_ml
    karen_ml Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When not at work, will enter it as it go. When at work, will enter it ahead of time, then make any adjustments when I get home.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @kaji13...I did look at your diary...what is an arc trainer?