I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• obrendao
    Options
    Ok ok ok....I will call myself fat from now on since that's me! Even though my WHR is like10" difference. I'm still fat!!! Won't say "curvy" anymore. My bad, my bad. Gonna go eat a dozen donuts now. LOL JK

In all fairness, ugly words need euphemisms. FAT is an ugly word. People always co-opt nicer words to save self-esteem, esp. after years of people calling them those ugly words. Its a natural response. So my suggestion is live and let live. If someone in your judgment is fat, let her use whatever word she wants to describe herself. It doesn't hurt you any.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    curve/kərv/
    Noun:
    A line or outline that gradually deviates from being straight for some or all of its length.
    Verb:
    Form or cause to form a curve.
    Synonyms:
    noun. bend - turn - twist - curvature - crook - turning
    verb. bend - crook - flex - bow - warp - twist

Pretty sure a curve can go inwards, outwards, up...down...any which way. You don't have to curve inwards to be curvy, your curves can curve outwards as well. Curvy means anything that's not straight. An overweight person who is completely round can call themselves curvy; they curve outwards. To each their own.

Quoting dictionary definitions is what you do to start an essay when you're 10. Also what is the dictionary definition of Duckface?

lol! Someone's angry. :flowerforyou:

I'm really, really not.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

I care... which is why I posted. Keep up sunshine!

Claro...Estoy tan contenta de que ella se preocupa por mi cuerpo. SMH.

1357165_o.gif
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Meep.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    "I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it."
    :cry:

I have an idea: how about not being so concerned about what words you "can" and "can't" use to describe yourself? If you think you're sexy, why not just call yourself sexy? That seems like a freakin win no matter what. Nobody's going to take that term and dirty it up for you. I just don't understand why people get so huffy about words. Words are subjective, as well as many of their definitions. Some people call me curvy, some people call me fat. The ones that call me fat can shove it, and that's where it ends :smile:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

Next time, grow a pair and say it in English. Some of us do speak Spanish, just an FYI.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok ok ok....I will call myself fat from now on since that's me! Even though my WHR is like10" difference. I'm still fat!!! Won't say "curvy" anymore. My bad, my bad. Gonna go eat a dozen donuts now. LOL JK

In all fairness, ugly words need euphemisms. FAT is an ugly word. People always co-opt nicer words to save self-esteem, esp. after years of people calling them those ugly words. Its a natural response. So my suggestion is live and let live. If someone in your judgment is fat, let her use whatever word she wants to describe herself. It doesn't hurt you any.

I think it comes down to that a woman either has a curvy figure (hourglass, pear) or she doesn't, regardless of weight. So since you're an hourglass, curvy would apply to you at any weight. But you're describing your FIGURE not your weight, if that makes sense.

All overweight women are overweight but some overweight women are also curvy in the classic sense of the word.

And if you're genuinely curvy, you will be curvy no matter what. I will have curves if I weigh 90 pounds because my bone structure is such.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Next time, grow a pair and say it in English. Some of us do speak Spanish, just an FYI.

for reals, yo!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    "I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it."

I have an idea: how about not being so concerned about what words you "can" and "can't" use to describe yourself? If you think you're sexy, why not just call yourself sexy? That seems like a freakin win no matter what. Nobody's going to take that term and dirty it up for you. I just don't understand why people get so huffy about words. Words are subjective, as well as many of their definitions. Some people call me curvy, some people call me fat. The ones that call me fat can shove it, and that's where it ends :smile:

Or I can complain about it... You know... whatever I want.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I want to call you for dinner!!! LOL!!! :drinker:
  • CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    More than likely they have low self esteem. I'm not sure why someone would care about that. If you want to get technical some people would consider a her wearing a size 12 fat. But that's objective because some people say a size 12 is average. So then would she be one of those so called "Fat people"? I often wonder what causes people to attack others to make them feel good about themselves.

• CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Curves are sexy. That is all.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options

And those of us who don't, have www.babelfish.com... I'm with lea - grow a pair.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Or I can complain about it... You know... whatever I want.

Girl, you ain't curvy. You're drop dead gorgeous. Let fat girls have curvy.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    More than likely they have low self esteem. I'm not sure why someone would care about that. If you want to get technical some people would consider a her wearing a size 12 fat. But that's objective because some people say a size 12 is average. So then would she be one of those so called "Fat people"? I often wonder what causes people to attack others to make them feel good about themselves.

I love how you're talking about me like I can't read... Size 12 MAY be fat, some people that wear a 12 ARE fat. Fact is, my HIPS are wide. You know, the actual bone structure? I don't have a ton of extra weight hanging around making me a 12. I'll never be smaller than that. And I'm ok with that. I LOVE my body. And the thread was about a word. Sorry you got so butt hurt, welcome to the internet
  • Josette89
    Options
    It's just a way for big girls to feel better about themselves. C'mon, let 'em have something. :) I'm a big girl, but I don't have rolls to make me curvy, I have the curves to make me curvy. My body was made for child bearing, HAhahahaha. Smaller around my waist than my hips and chest. :) WHen I think of a skinny girl I don't think curves, I think... "I can see your hip bones". Haha, BUT, I know we have all seen Baywatch, so there is such thing as a curvy skinny girl.... whether they are real or not.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The issue with placing a "style" or "Type" to a body is that the perceptions get ruined by, not only the media, but the self interpretations for which people want to believe. This is a case where the fake until you believe theory destroys a mindset for what needs to be.

If you look back to the traditional body-typing...the "ideal" curvy woman would have something similar to Marilyn Monroe..much like yourself.

Too often. heavy-set women place themselves in this "category" because they want give themselves a "better picture" of what they look like - thus, the fake it until you believe it theory. Which is crap.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's just a way for big girls to feel better about themselves. C'mon, let 'em have something. :) I'm a big girl, but I don't have rolls to make me curvy, I have the curves to make me curvy. My body was made for child bearing, HAhahahaha. Smaller around my waist than my hips and chest. :) WHen I think of a skinny girl I don't think curves, I think... "I can see your hip bones". Haha, BUT, I know we have all seen Baywatch, so there is such thing as a curvy skinny girl.... whether they are real or not.

I don't think you can fake wide hips.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    The issue with placing a "style" or "Type" to a body is that the perceptions get ruined by, not only the media, but the self interpretations for which people want to believe. This is a case where the fake until you believe theory destroys a mindset for what needs to be.

If you look back to the traditional body-typing...the "ideal" curvy woman would have something similar to Marilyn Monroe..much like yourself.

Too often. heavy-set women place themselves in this "category" because they want give themselves a "better picture" of what they look like - thus, the fake it until you believe it theory. Which is crap.

:drinker:
  • bleacheblonde
    Options

I wonder about that every day of my life...