Signs you need a vacation...

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    "May I have your number please?" *two seconds later to the SAME CUSTOMER* "May I have your number please?" *few seconds later TO THE SAME CUSTOMER* "How may I help you?" -> Their groceries are already packed and all they have to do is pay.

*head/desk*

I HATE long orders because I'm more likely to zone out and forget what the hell I'm doing. Thank goodness I only work in a grocery store. If I had an important job this could be serious.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    only 78 more days...and I get 14 days in paradise!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    When I get within striking distance to throttling a coworker, then I know it's time to hide for a few days.

For me this depends on a co-worker. Going one step further could be considered 'thinning the herd'.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Once before hanging up I said "I love you"

That made me laugh out loud !!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    "do plastic spoons go bad? and if they do, is it just the spoons, why not all utensils?"

"did I forget my keys at home?" while driving down the road

there was another one but I cant remember, probably another sign I need to get the eff out of here.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    When I get within striking distance to throttling a coworker, then I know it's time to hide for a few days.

SOOOO if I do this every day do I need a permanent vacation??
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    When you answer your home or cell phone with the same greeting you use at work!!

I have so done this......oops!!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When you are making a detailed shopping list for a 3-day vacation happening at the end of November :ohwell:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    When you've worked at the same building for 3 years with the same code to get in, punch in the code incorrect so many times it locks you out. Standing at the doorway with your head hung from shame, waiting for the security guard to come let you in....:yawn:
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When you hear someone else talk about going on vacation and it makes you want to cry.....or commit homicide :frown:
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    When I'm at work.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    When you're so sick of looking at the project you've been working on for months that you spend most of your day on MFP.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When you start calling your current students by the names of students you had two class cycles earlier...

True story.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When you hear someone else talk about going on vacation and it makes you want to cry.....or commit homicide :frown:

This.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    When you start calling your current students by the names of students you had two class cycles earlier...

True story.

Done that!
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The other morning I was in such a hurry and must have been spacing out, that when I went to heat up the kids' oatmeal, I forgot to put the bowl in the microwave first. It went thru the whole heating cycle, beeped, I opened the door and was like, "Where the eff is the oatmeal?!" Turned around and it was sitting on the counter.

hahahahahahaha yo should book one right away!
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When sitting in my office..... Reading this thread and don't even give a ____
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Or when You leave your keys in the bloody fridge and look for it all over home >.<

or when you can't find your keys.... and then you realize you are holding them!
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This morning I started driving to work and forgot to drop off my daughter, who was in the back seat, at school. Even when she noticed we were going the wrong way she didn't make a sound. I pulled up to a stop sign, looked in the rear view mirror and saw her and said,"Oh crap". She just looked at me as said, "Am I going to school today?"
    Also, this might be TMI.... but I am wearing my oldest daughter's underwear because I grabbed the wrong pair out of the clean clothes basket and was in too much of a hurry to bother going back to find my own even if these are a little too small.
  • kdward83
    Options
    When you can't remember the names of any of the last 3 patients you just saw..............

When you can't remember any of your patient's names...or why they're at the hospital lol
    or
    When I'm at home and can't figure out why none of my phone calls are going through, then I realize I'm dialing 9 first every time like I have to at work.
    last one
    When I accomplish something at home, I walk over to my computer to make a note of it (the saying at work is, if it wasn't documented, it wasn't done)