Signs you need a vacation...

Options

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When you're chatting with a co-worker about snack foods, your phone rings, and you answer it by saying "IT support, this is Cheetoh....." ....... :embarassed:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Also when I walk over to my coworker with what I think is a piece of paper in my hand and point to it saying "Can you look at this thing?" Apparently I had nothing in my hand to begin with. I start to say thing instead of what it is when I'm out of it.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When you answer the phone and just hold it because you're not sure if you're home or at work, and which job you're at if you work more than one.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Or when You leave your keys in the bloody fridge and look for it all over home >.<

or when you can't find your keys.... and then you realize you are holding them!

This makes me laugh. My wife and I drove back from a short vacation Monday. Then we had to return the rental car after unpacking. After about 5 minutes watching her run around the house I asked what she was missing. She said she couldn't find the keys to the rental. I said "you mean those keys in your clenched fist". Perhaps the vacation just wasn't long enough??
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    .... or when you're talking on your cell phone with someone and you're frantically looking all over the house for your cell phone because you need to send a text......
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I answered the phone here at work and said " Hi this is ***** what can I do to you".

my favorite!
    :laugh:
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Didn't know the guy waving at me on the freeway... realized it was my HUSBAND driving his govt vehicle with a recruit in the passenger seat. Totally threw me off.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When you have a business trip that takes you to a Caribbean island - and you think with all the travel you've done lately, you'd rather just stay home...
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was at one of my sons baseball games and after walking up to the restroom and concession stand my daughter and I were walking back to the fields. I stop midway and say oh darn I must have left my sunglasses and proceed to turn around to search for them. My daughter stops me...ummm, Mom, they are on your face!

Geez!:laugh:
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    When you answer the phone in the morning and say "good afternoon *company name* how can i help you?" or when you answer in the afternoon and say "good morning"

When you are leaving a message to have someone return your call and you start giving your home phone number...

When you are walking out of the office talking on the phone with your SO after just locking up and you say "ugh..... I', pretty sure I just left my phone in the office and now I have to go unlock it disarm the alarm then redo it..." then your SO says "honey... If yuo left your phone in the office how are you talking to me?"
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When you answer your home or cell phone with the same greeting you use at work!!

I have so done this......oops!!

this
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I used to work receptionist at a law firm with a LONG name, and sometimes I'd answer my cell/home phone with "Good morning, GSHS Law!" Hahaha
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You call another office and after they answer, you say

"National U.S. - Arab Chamber of Commerce, how may I help you?"

Luckily it was someone at head office I was calling and not a client or member. I just got laughed at by my boss.

how about saying this - but forgetting to answer the phone!

Paging a co-worker that they have a phone call when really I wanted to call me because they had a visitor. lol
    Or answering the phone when it wasnt ringing or the ringing I was hearing was the fax. lol
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a call center and I would say "Thank you for calling __________. May I please have your 10 digit phone number starting with the area code?" in my sleep.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    When you drive past the turn off for your house.............................twice :-P
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When sitting in my office..... Reading this thread and don't even give a ____

And I am doing the same....
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    When you answer your home or cell phone with the same greeting you use at work!!

I've definitely done this before....
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When you put the milk in the cabinet, the cereal in the fridge, and when you make coffee, you forget to put your cup under the Keurig as coffee runs all over the counter. -_-
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When sitting in my office..... Reading this thread and don't even give a ____

And I am doing the same....

Yep...
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When you throw your cat's treats into the blender with your protein shake ingredients instead of putting them in her food dish.

When you leave your apartment without putting on pants or a skirt.

When you're at work and can't find your cell phone anywhere, then eventually find it tucked inside a file in your boss's office.

All true stories.