Appetite suppressant?

Options
Anyone here know of a good over the counter appetite suppressant? I don't look for this as a permenant fix, but I was on Adipex a few years ago and it made a huge different when I first started dieting and exercising.

Replies

• want2B140
    want2B140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When Im hungry I drink a ton of Water.. I mean a TON OF WATER.. it really curbs my appetite.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you're going to rely on drugs to help you lose weight, you're doing it wrong.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The best appetite suppressant for me is; stay away from high carb meals. If you can get through the first week, you won't feel hungry. It's the sugar most of the time. When you eat high carbs (sugar), your body thinks it needs more after the carb/sugar high wears off. I usually stick to protein, veggies and a small amount of complex carbs for my meals. I am never hungry and I eat 1200-1300 calories a day. You will also find you get to eat more if you eat this way.

Edit: Also, if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you can't depend on drugs. You need to learn to make healthy, nutritious meals as a change of lifestyle.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    In before 500 people telling you it's wrong. Too late, already got some!
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Protein. The more I eat, the less hungry I feel. Eat a piece of chicken or start the day with a thick protein shake.

If I start off with carbs, I'm toast...
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    For me, glucomannan worked the best. it's a fiber that expands in the stomach. that, combined with mucho water was able to keep my hunger in check. Plus i liked that it's not expensive and not a stimulant.

from wiki:

Glucomannan is a water-soluble polysaccharide that is considered a dietary fiber. It is a hemicellulose component in the cell walls of some plant species. Glucomannan is a food additive used as an emulsifier and thickener. Products containing glucomannan, marketed under a variety of brand names, are also sold as nutritional supplements for constipation, obesity, high cholesterol, acne vulgaris and type 2 diabetes.

Although there is some clinical support for potential health benefits, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any product containing glucomannan for the treatment of these medical conditions. Health Canada has authorized some products containing glucomannan for the purposes of appetite reduction, weight management, treatment of constipation and management of high cholesterol levels.
  • CatThumbs
    Options
    Maybe you could try that new NV stuff that is like sensa that you shake on your food? I don't know how well it would actually work, but if it is trying to work like sensa (which seems super awesome, isn't that how the millionaire matchmaker woman lost all her weight?) I was thinking about trying it, just to see if it helped. It is supposed to reduce your food intake up to 25%...which I'm not really sure how they figured THAT out....
    It's about 40 bucks though, I'm not sure how much you wanna spend on something that may or may not work. :/
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    caffeine. You will notice this is the main ingredient. The rest is mostly hype. That is why coffee and/or diet soda's work just as well.

Yes, I like to drink tons of water too.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    H2O:bigsmile:
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you're going to rely on drugs to help you lose weight, you're doing it wrong.

I love almost 100lbs before, trust me, I didn't "rely on drugs" to help me out. BUT when I first started, and it was REALLY hard, it certainly helped the first few weeks. I'm not asking about drugs, I'm asking about any over the counter herbel supplements.
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For me, glucomannan worked the best. it's a fiber that expands in the stomach. that, combined with mucho water was able to keep my hunger in check. Plus i liked that it's not expensive and not a stimulant.

from wiki:

Glucomannan is a water-soluble polysaccharide that is considered a dietary fiber. It is a hemicellulose component in the cell walls of some plant species. Glucomannan is a food additive used as an emulsifier and thickener. Products containing glucomannan, marketed under a variety of brand names, are also sold as nutritional supplements for constipation, obesity, high cholesterol, acne vulgaris and type 2 diabetes.

Although there is some clinical support for potential health benefits, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any product containing glucomannan for the treatment of these medical conditions. Health Canada has authorized some products containing glucomannan for the purposes of appetite reduction, weight management, treatment of constipation and management of high cholesterol levels.

This is wonderful! Thank you so much
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Food, best kinds are low calorie, high fiber (vegetables) and protein (lean meats)

The above will help you fill up without ingesting a lot of calories.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    eat sawdust followed by a glass of water, fill you rite up and be about as good for you.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I use RoxyLean on occasion. It comes in handy when I am stuck somewhere with nothing but high calorie options.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    eat sawdust followed by a glass of water, fill you rite up and be about as good for you.

Just ewwwwww :noway:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

If she was asking about drugs, then she would have to ask her doctor. IOW, don't be a douche.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine.

Ephedra is banned in the US.
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Raspberry Ketones and it helps suppress my appetite and gives me energy. I purchased them from amazon.com.