Appetite suppressant?

Options

Replies

• tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    try chia seeds, you just sprinkle them in your meals and when exposed to water, they form a fiberous gel that is low in calories and fills you up....so you end up not feeling as hungry and eat less
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i drink a ton of water and take two green tea extract capsules per day. it seems to work for me. most days my calorie counts are between 1200 and 1500 when they used to be over 2000. i'm dropping weight like crazy and am actually starting to see some tone in muscles i didn't even know i had!
  • amygeo25
    Options
    Well, today I had 2 pieces of toast and 1/4 cup walnuts with a few dried cranberries on top of the walnuts and a cup of coffee. The plant protiens are really good for you and the type of fat in them is good fat. yes, there is good and bad fats. but that and tons of exercise has really cut back my eating today. For lunch I had a salad and it was like 20 calories (before dressing, my weakness). I say eat tons of plant based products and get a morning workout (I did 5 mins of hard workout on my stationary) and that seems to work for me! That also gave me TONS of extra energy! I think I've worke out all day other than breakfast, lunch, and a 30 min show! I can't do supplements, I'd forget to take them. LOL! Good luck. Curbing appetites and getting energy are my main issues! Any advice is welcome and I hope I helped you a bit! Keep it up!
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You said earlier they helped you lose weight before. But. The problem is, you didn't keep all of the weight off. Instead of looking for an appetite suppressant, eat right, drink water and learn about nutrition. If you keep up with the same behavior, the weight will come back again. Using a pill to help you isn't the answer. Changing the way you eat and keeping at a calorie deficit will help you keep it off, and keep it off for good.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine.

Ephedra is banned in the US.

Bronkaid isn't.

Bronkaid isn't ephedra either. It's ephedrine sulfate. It's made from ephedra, sure, but it isn't exactly the same.
    http://www.bronkaid.com/en/ingredients/index.php

I realize that but it is the closet thing you can get to an EC stack... worked great for me.

Yes, it's close, but no cigar, so to speak.

You know what I did find out though? You can buy seeds for an ephedra plant. It is legal to grow here. I am seriously thinking about doing that. I miss my ephedra. Ephedrine always makes me sleepy after about an hour. Also, ephedrine does not have the same aphrodisiac effect that ephedra has.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Edit..forgot to quote
    You said earlier they helped you lose weight before. But. The problem is, you didn't keep all of the weight off. Instead of looking for an appetite suppressant, eat right, drink water and learn about nutrition. If you keep up with the same behavior, the weight will come back again. Using a pill to help you isn't the answer. Changing the way you eat and keeping at a calorie deficit will help you keep it off, and keep it off for good.

She had a baby. And she said she only used an appetite suppressant during the first few weeks; not the whole time she was losing weight.
  • Anastacia1119
    Options
    Edit..forgot to quote

She had a baby. And she said she only used an appetite suppressant during the first few weeks; not the whole time she was losing weight.

It doesn't matter if she had a baby or only uses them for the first few weeks. She doesn't need them. She can do it without them. That's my point.

Also, most of them are not good for you. It doesn't matter if they are over the counter or "herbal." Drinking water and eating right is just as effective and less costly.
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I had a baby. I kept the weight off for a long time before that.
  • Anastacia1119
    Options

I had a baby. I kept the weight off for a long time before that.

I get you had a baby. All I am saying is you can do it without them. Don't spend your money on them.
  • WeightingForSara
    Options
    Thank you all for all the advice, I got a lot of great suggestions.
    BTW, I thought this was a support website?
  • TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Of course most people's immediate reaction is to tell you that you're wrong about needing a suppressant (I felt the collective GASP! when I read the thread title). And, I agree that you have to learn good nutritional habits if you're going to lose the weight and keep it off. But, I'm sure you know that.

Why don't you try a meal replacement, like some type of protein shake instead of an appetite suppressant. People hear suppressant and they automatically think 'danger pill,' but there are plenty of whey and protein shakes out there that have te same effect while having minimal calories, helping you feel full, giving you good nutrients, and are way better than taking a pill and not eating at all.

I drink the GNC Total Lean shakes regularly for breakfast and sometimes for lunch (and yes I do supplement with fruit, veggies, etc). And, recently I've started drinking a high-protein whey shake. They give you're body nutrition without starving it to death, so it's a preferable alternative in my opinion.
  • Anastacia1119
    Options

it is a support website. And I was being supportive. I was saying you don't need them. That you can do it without taking pills. i don't know how that isn't being supportive.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ha, are you learning just how wrong that assumption is? This is an I'm right, you're wrong and I"m going to belittle you until you agree with me website. It's all about me, what worked for me and what my uncles cousins brothers told me. Because he's edumacated and knows these things. Now agree with me damn you!!
  • WeightingForSara
    Options

it is a support website. And I was being supportive. I was saying you don't need them. That you can do it without taking pills. i don't know how that isn't being supportive.

Not everyone is the same and what works for some people doesn't work for others. I don't have a problem exercising but I DO have a problem during the beginning of trying to lose weight with curbing my appetitie. I was asking for any suggestions on HOW to do that. Not a magic pill nessesarily, but it is what worked for me, and worked for me REALLY well.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine.

Bronkaid isn't.

Bronkaid isn't ephedra either. It's ephedrine sulfate. It's made from ephedra, sure, but it isn't exactly the same.

Everyone I quoted in here... I just have one question...You're not really educated on the subject, so why did you reply.

First off, its not banned. Its not illegal.
    It simply has two restrictions placed on it in the US:
    1. After using it for a period of time, the side effects wear off.. including appetite suppression, energy, etc. This made retarded people that were using it use more.. it does have side effects, including raising blood pressure. people were jacking up the dose and killing themselves.. this made the FDA restrict its use as a diet aid. It can not be sold for this use. This effects marketing.. it does not restrict sale.
    2. Ephedrine is a precursor to crystal meth. to combat this, the FDA put two restrictions on it.
    a. you can not sell it without a second active ingredient... this is so its not 'pure' for making meth.
    b. you must present Id to the pharmacist so they can track how much they sold you. you are limited to something like 10g month... i forget the amount but its retarded high. a full 24mg dose 3x a day is less then 2.3 grams per month. also this means its behind the counter.. not out front.

Now there are only two forms of Ephedrine (the actual drug):
    ephedrine HCL.
    ephedrine sulfate

they are both as 'pure' as you get for ephedrine pills...
    over the counter in the USA they are most commonly sold in Brokaid and Primatene tablets.
    both also contain Guaifenesin.. a mild expectorant with almost no real side effects and a short half life.

this allows someone, if they wanted, to take them, combined with caffeine pills for a perfectly legal, over the counter EC stack.

that said... there are catches to it.
    1. its not a good bandaid. its a helper... but it cant fix diet. it cant fix stupid.
    2. while its one of the most effective diet aid.... it doesnt really do a whole lot.
    3. it raises blood pressure, this is a BIG stopping point if you're borderline high.
    4. it does raise body temp.... so it can cause you to overheat if you're working out hard.
    5. the effects felt do wear off over usage. it still helps maintain lean body mass, and it still raises BP.... but the jitters, energy and appetite suppresnt feelings do fall off over time.

its NOT for everyone. if you fall into the range of people it works well for, then its a tool you can use..
    more info is online elsewhere, im not writing a book here, but you can start on these pages:

http://www.hotnfit.com/fat_loss/ecstack.html

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106816881
  • Anastacia1119
    Options

Not everyone is the same and what works for some people doesn't work for others. I don't have a problem exercising but I DO have a problem during the beginning of trying to lose weight with curbing my appetitie. I was asking for any suggestions on HOW to do that. Not a magic pill nessesarily, but it is what worked for me, and worked for me REALLY well.

I know you weren't asking for a magic pill. I totally got that in your OP. I was just saying you didn't need them. Is everyone different? Obviously. Water works really well, btw. Just a suggestion.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

You're being an authoritarian. No one "needs" chocolate either, but there are plenty of threads on how to enjoy chocolate now aren't there?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I know you weren't asking for a magic pill. I totally got that in your OP. I was just saying you didn't need them. Is everyone different? Obviously. Water works really well, btw. Just a suggestion.

the problem with water to curb hunger at first is that pumping your stomach full of water doesnt let it shrink.

but if you curb it via a suppressant for just 10 days, you can go from bloated stomach food contest winner, to feeling full on a small healthy sized meal.... and then not need the suppressant anymore....
    trying the same thing with just water will not let it shrink as much, or as fast, and will require more willpower.
  • Anastacia1119
    Options

You're being an authoritarian. No one "needs" chocolate either, but there are plenty of threads on how to enjoy chocolate now aren't there?

No, I was in no way being an authoritarian. If you assume that is what I was being, that's on you. People assume things on the internet all of the time. All I said was she doesn't need them. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine.

Bronkaid isn't.

Everyone I quoted in here... I just have one question...You're not really educated on the subject, so why did you reply.

First off, its not banned. Its not illegal.
    It simply has two restrictions placed on it in the US:
    1. After using it for a period of time, the side effects wear off.. including appetite suppression, energy, etc. This made retarded people that were using it use more.. it does have side effects, including raising blood pressure. people were jacking up the dose and killing themselves.. this made the FDA restrict its use as a diet aid. It can not be sold for this use. This effects marketing.. it does not restrict sale.
    2. Ephedrine is a precursor to crystal meth. to combat this, the FDA put two restrictions on it.
    a. you can not sell it without a second active ingredient... this is so its not 'pure' for making meth.
    b. you must present Id to the pharmacist so they can track how much they sold you. you are limited to something like 10g month... i forget the amount but its retarded high. a full 24mg dose 3x a day is less then 2.3 grams per month. also this means its behind the counter.. not out front.

Now there are only two forms of Ephedrine (the actual drug):
    ephedrine HCL.
    ephedrine sulfate

they are both as 'pure' as you get for ephedrine pills...
    over the counter in the USA they are most commonly sold in Brokaid and Primatene tablets.
    both also contain Guaifenesin.. a mild expectorant with almost no real side effects and a short half life.

this allows someone, if they wanted, to take them, combined with caffeine pills for a perfectly legal, over the counter EC stack.

that said... there are catches to it.
    1. its not a good bandaid. its a helper... but it cant fix diet. it cant fix stupid.
    2. while its one of the most effective diet aid.... it doesnt really do a whole lot.
    3. it raises blood pressure, this is a BIG stopping point if you're borderline high.
    4. it does raise body temp.... so it can cause you to overheat if you're working out hard.
    5. the effects felt do wear off over usage. it still helps maintain lean body mass, and it still raises BP.... but the jitters, energy and appetite suppresnt feelings do fall off over time.

its NOT for everyone. if you fall into the range of people it works well for, then its a tool you can use..
    more info is online elsewhere, im not writing a book here, but you can start on these pages:

http://www.hotnfit.com/fat_loss/ecstack.html

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106816881

Dude, you don't have to tell me. I have been keeping up on the ephedra battle from the beginning. You can not get herbal ephedra in the US. Ephedrine is NOT ephedra - aka ma huang. You can get it in China, and likely there are small caches of it in the US. (Since the government is already at war against anyone who uses certain drugs or herbs, there is a black market for just about all of them.) But with the easy availability of ephedrine, you are hard-pressed to find it in its herbal form. (So much so that I am seriously considering growing it, along with some Korean Red Ginseng!)