MFP fail

Options
124»

Replies

• DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    First of all, this thread has made me feel better, so thanks for that. Second, I see a lot of posts about children being outside playing and the dangers involved with that and the flip side regarding parental overprotection. While it is evident that there are some extreme situations that could cause a parent to be overprotective and not want their kids to be playing outside without their immediate supervision, I still don't buy that as an excuse.

My child is also very much a bookworm. We are fortunate enough that we can afford for her to be in gymnastics, however, and she absolutely loves it. But, if we couldn't afford it, or if we were afraid that she may run into some teacher with an sick affinity that may abuse her, and were thus, to afraid to let her participate in sports or play outside, I'd still have her active somehow. It doesn't cost anything to feed your kids vegetables over potato chips, or do a 30 minute exercise routine with them in your living room three times a week. My kid loves to do sit-ups with Mom and Dad. And if we felt silly enough to do jumping-jacks...even better.

Agree 100%....my little (well, she's 17) bookworm does Jillian Michaels with me.....it's our "family time" :laugh:
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Topic has been locked and will be removed an hour after this has posted.

Those topics were removed on the grounds that they were created to be "hurtful" and or could be considered "Flame-Baiting". Both violations of our guidelines.

They may have lasted longer, or not even come to our attention had those who replied to said topic done so in an intelligent, mature, and thoughtful way. A majority of the posts in those threads were lashing out in a very rude way to the OP and to the other posters. This will never be tolerated. We ask that if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation you move on to another thread.

It is not that we want to discourage different views, in fact we welcome that, but it needs to be done without the attacks.

I have seen, and participated in numerous threads where different views were established and people argued about it thoughtfully while respecting each other. Did a troll slip in, of course, that is the nature of the beast, but when most users are resorting to childish behavior the post comes down. We try to edit out the problem posters and through warnings and blocks remove repeated offenders from the forums, but sometimes a thread has gone so far of the tracks no amount of moderation will keep the thread alive. In this case the thread is deleted.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I am more then happy to answer PM's about our position and enforcement of the guidelines.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.