PCOS ladies- it is possible. 106 lost in a year w/NO meds

Options

Replies

• runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats, congrats and CONGRATS! Not only is it possible to take it off but it is also possible to keep it off. I lost the bulk of my weight early on and have kept all of it off for the past few years. I have lost a few more pounds in the last few months but that is due to the stress eliminated from my life when my position at work was eliminated :happy: I keep reading these articles that say people that lose 100 pounds or more are unable to keep it off and I sit here and say huh!?! So job well done and now on to the second part of your journey :flowerforyou:
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    OMG, you look fantastic!! Congratulations!!
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    you rock! congratulations on transforming your body and life!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Congratulations, you look SO great!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! Great job!!!!!!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!!! Well done you!
  • TXGirl821
    Options
    This gives me so much hope. :) You look awesome!!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wow you look incredible. I also suffer from PCOS and have already had to have one ovary removed. In addition, I suffer from growth hormone deficiency (caused by a congenital disorder). I've had to struggle with my weight my entire life. While I'm not necessarily overweight at this point, I still carry a lot more body fat than I should. Hopefully with hormone replacement therapy and a good diet/exercise plan and lots of support I can do this too.

You truly are an inspiration, and proof that it can be done!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Today I started WW because MFP has not been working for me. I have gained nearly 30 pounds in 18 months. I have a total of 45 to lose and feel like it's such a daunting task. I'm feeling overwhelmed and saddened by letting myself go. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You my dear are a bonafide inspiration. Best wishes as you continue in your healthy journey!
  • wannabesupermodel
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the great work!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Impressive results! Nice work! :flowerforyou:
  • SlvrLyssa
    SlvrLyssa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job - You look great!!! Thanks so much for sharing, it helps a lot! :bigsmile:
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story, Joyzy! Very insipirational! I have PCOS, too, and I have this site to thank for finally giving me the tools I needed to make those changes. You are gorgeous and look so happy!!! Congrats to you!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I loved your success story:) I liked the fact that you didn't use any 'tricks' or silly ways to lose your weight - just good sensible eating and exercise. You look great and you are as others have said - an inspiration.
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Go you!
    I posted not so long ago about PCOS as Im really struggling with my weight because of it. I now know it is possible and have more motivation! Thank you!
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow. Joy I am so inspired and hopeful from reading your story. I was diagnosed with PCOS quite a number of years ago and have been battling my weight for more years than I want to count. Thank you for proving it can be done despite the daunting challenge it provides. You are truly an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story!!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Today I started WW because MFP has not been working for me. I have gained nearly 30 pounds in 18 months. I have a total of 45 to lose and feel like it's such a daunting task. I'm feeling overwhelmed and saddened by letting myself go. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sorry to butt in and hijack the thread.

Have you tried playing with your carbs vs proteins? I know you've heard it ALL, lol, as we have all been fighting this for a looong time, but I have the "PCOS living for dummies" or something like that, haha and it does recommend a lower carb (NOT no carb or atkins crap) Just thought I would mention it as my weight loss seems better on weeks when my pie is equal protein and carbs and higher in fat. Just putting that out there! Good luck and don't lose hope!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!