Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Amazing, go you!
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic and I'll bet you feel great!!
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    Amazing success,just..wow..thankyou for sharing your story
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, and you look AMAZING!!

I am currently taking metformin, I've been on it for about 2 years with no weight loss.
    It does help with my acne and regulates my periods a bit, so I'm happy about that.

I am on a new program of high protein and low carbs and cutting calories.
    I'm hoping that once I lose the weight, my body and hormones will readjust and I will no longer need the metformin.
    We will see!

Congrats on your amazing progress!

Awesome! I too was on metformin and was one of the unlucky ones that had 0 weight loss, haha I have all the luck! I too am finding it best to have higher protein and lower carb combined with calorie counting :) Good luck to you!

Yay! Not that I'm happy you didn't have weight loss with Metformin, but I thought I was one of the few who didn't. It's nice to know it's not just me!!
  • Mel_t_away
    Mel_t_away Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well done! So inspiring :)
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! Thank you for the inspiration! You look fabulous!
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting. Those of us with metabolic issues (PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc.) can use all the encouragement we can get. You look great. Awesome dress.
  • blondie1471
    blondie1471 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look amazing...this makes me realise i can too do it! xx
  • StaceyMarie86
    StaceyMarie86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow you are amazing! My goal is to get healthy to be able to have kids.. thankfully I do not have PCOS, but you're still an inspiration to those of us who have such a long journey to go!
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm always in awe of people who lose over 100 lbs. Well done, you look absolutely fantastic!
  • nykkiobryan
    nykkiobryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    <3 this post

IT IS POSSIBLE

1 year 86lbs for me (then I got knocked up oops :p)
  • keliana1
    keliana1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been dealing and not dealing with PCOS for most of my life, though no one figured it out until I showed an article to my OBGYN who realized that's what was going on and ran the necessary tests to rule it in. I'm at the beginning of the journey, again, to lose the weight. I've lost my pregnancy weight but still need to lose my moving to a new place and eating garbage weight. MFP keeps me motivated to make better choices and work out more. Right now I'm doing cardio and/or strength training about 5x/week and cooking/prepping more food at home to keep me on track. Down 11 pounds, and striving for 30ish more.

We're guessing PCOS has led to both weight gain and hair loss. I'm hoping to get my sugar in balance and regrow the hair while dropping the lbs. Thank you for posting this as I don't see many success stories that look real. :)

Congratulations and keep it up!
  • vonne06
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I have PCOS was well and have been struggling the effects for over 10 years now. You are such an inspiration.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Wow. Amazing journey! What an inspiration you are! Way to go on the weight loss!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    MY FRKN HERO
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • hrtease2
    hrtease2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thats awesome.. your story sounds very much like mine i am 37 and also have PCOS .. struggled for four years before having our son who is 11 now.. he is our only child, we didnt resume any fertility treatments and was hoping for the best , possibly another natural PG but have had no luck. ive gradually gained and am at my all time high i started here a week ago at 210lbs. ive been trying to cut down on junk and have started walking 40 minutes daily i have lost 2 lbs but i know its a long road of work ahead .. I feel so much better after the short time though ill definately keep it up! thanks for your inspirational story you look AWESOME!! congratulations on all your hard work!! :))
  • lepardmama
    lepardmama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG! What an inspiration you are!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look smaller that a size 10. You look fabulous!!!!! No meds here either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!