Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options

Replies

• gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor...Don't call 39 old, lol. Be there myself real soon.

Sorry Nike... didn't mean to offend anyone, like I said before "It's not the age, it's the mileage".

In my case I am LONG over due for a complete rebuild!!!! lol
  • gse313
    Options
    OMG your avatar reminded me of a picture I saw!!

548495_423104541070979_1620623323_n.jpg

I guess this could have been much worse... The caption could have been LMFAO's "I'm Sexy And I Know It"!!! LOL
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ the old fart =)

Current weight: Jabba the Hut
    Goal weight: Princess Leia, Slave Girl.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

Welcome home :)

I guess I'm a gamer geek, and pretty old at 39 as well.
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a book nerd! That counts, right??
  • gse313
    Options
    Book Nerd works for me!! You can stay!! LOL
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am a geek by osmosis and brainwashing. My husband is a major Whovian and is into Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer, 40K (he paints all the time), role playing (he wrote a couple of books a few years back that were actually published), comic books, Dr. Who and affilates/associates, etc., etc, etc. I did get the plearsure of introducing him to Red Dwarf though. If he didn't love me before then I'm sure that's what clinched it. We are in our mid to late 30s and work in engineering/comp sci. So there is no escape for our three girls.
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love that you have Jabba the Hutt as your profile pic!

Just recently my dog had pups and I tried to explain to someone that they sound like little Wookies.... They looked at me like I was insane, so I said "you know, Chewie...from Star Wars", and I got a very disgusted look as if they were offended I thought they might know anything about Star Wars :( I backed off quick... no way was I letting those puppies go to anyone who didn't know who Chewie was....

Anyway, I am a combination geek, nerd, former skater... I love Sci Fi, and Red Dwarf still plays here once a month on PBS ... Last Wednesday of each month at 11pm. I have been criticized for being a bad mom because I let my kids stay up to watch it on those nights.. they are 7, 8 and 10 years old, and I just CAN'T let the opportunity pass for them to experience such an epic show LOL

My 10 year old is addicted to DR. Who... maybe I really am a bad parent haha

Add me if you'd like a nut/semi lunatic and possible bad mother for a friend :P
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    I'm not an old fart....a ripe fart maybe. And I like fart jokes.

I'm an accountant, so that already qualifies me as a nerd. I'm also a big Doctor Who fan, but I only started watching with the ninth doctor though.
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor...Don't call 39 old, lol. Be there myself real soon.

Sorry Nike... didn't mean to offend anyone, like I said before "It's not the age, it's the mileage".

In my case I am LONG over due for a complete rebuild!!!! lol

I told my co-workers before my round of surgeries that I was going in for my 40-year overhaul! Actual mileage was a bit higher, but close enough.
  • jpe71
    Options
    And I'm part T Rex, on my right side. Though with consistent (painful!) stretching, that arm is gradually apporaching human capabilities again.

jpe, I know how that can be...

After my car accident I had alot of therapy for my left arm and then, when they were finally done with it, for my rite leg... in between there I like to say I learned how 'Frankenstein's Monster' felt, a piece from here a piece from there and a doctor standing over you yelling "It's ALIVE!!!" LOL

You'll make it back... just takes time, sweat, and alot of telling the therapist "F*** YOU!!" lol

I've been dealing with my therapy office for four years, and haven't missed a single year! They have a tradition of allowing you to put a hand or footprint on the wall and sign it with a saying, when you finish your therapy. I was in for a while for my foot and both shoulders, having been done with the knees a few months earlier, and it wasn't quite time for the back to start flaring again...but I digress. They let me put a hand and foot print up, which I signed "head and shoulders, knees and toes...near enough!" In that time, I've also had two surgeries for endometriosis. The latest one was, shall we say, definitive, and took place just before the arm surgery. So I know the Frankenstein's monster feeling, definitely. I also know how to struggle, and the difference between "just pain" and "you need to stop now" pain. I like to think those are my assets.

My therapist told me I'm allowed to cuss - but she only got around to mentioning that this week, when I was commenting that the pain was still short of the "trying to hold back the naughty words" stage.
  • gse313
    Options
    I am a geek by osmosis and brainwashing. My husband is a major Whovian and is into Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer, 40K (he paints all the time), role playing (he wrote a couple of books a few years back that were actually published), comic books, Dr. Who and affilates/associates, etc., etc, etc. I did get the plearsure of introducing him to Red Dwarf though. If he didn't love me before then I'm sure that's what clinched it. We are in our mid to late 30s and work in engineering/comp sci. So there is no escape for our three girls.

Those poor kids... HAHAHAHA!!!! :-D Welcome to my world... Introduced my older kids to the classics before they could walk... they are only now learning to appreciate them!! As for computers... my first computer was a Comodore 16 (first one with the Vic 20 / C64 keyboard layout) with a cassette tape drive (anyone remember the 'Microadventures' books?!?), second was an IBM AT that I rebuilt (anyone remember the ENORMOUS CAPACITY of a 10MB RLL Hard Drive?? LOL), upgraded to a Laser Turbo AT, then an HP Legend 386SX, and so on, and so on... lol
  • gse313
    Options
    Love that you have Jabba the Hutt as your profile pic!

Just recently my dog had pups and I tried to explain to someone that they sound like little Wookies.... They looked at me like I was insane, so I said "you know, Chewie...from Star Wars", and I got a very disgusted look as if they were offended I thought they might know anything about Star Wars :( I backed off quick... no way was I letting those puppies go to anyone who didn't know who Chewie was....

Anyway, I am a combination geek, nerd, former skater... I love Sci Fi, and Red Dwarf still plays here once a month on PBS ... Last Wednesday of each month at 11pm. I have been criticized for being a bad mom because I let my kids stay up to watch it on those nights.. they are 7, 8 and 10 years old, and I just CAN'T let the opportunity pass for them to experience such an epic show LOL

My 10 year old is addicted to DR. Who... maybe I really am a bad parent haha

Add me if you'd like a nut/semi lunatic and possible bad mother for a friend :P

I'm a bad parent too... When my oldest (now a college Sophmore) was an infant, I used to watch Sci-Fi channel with him on my lap!! lol

Nobody who dosn't know Chewie should be allowed to have a pet!! If anything, they should be used as a chew toy!! lol
  • gse313
    Options
    jpe... I like to say there is a fine line between "Ouch"... and "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!" lol
  • jpe71
    Options
    That's not a fine line - that's the tail end of their whip!
  • gse313
    Options
    jpe... Let's compare battle wounds and stories on a side chat.

Who's next in line for 'Jeffster' ?!?!? :drinker:
  • gse313
    Options
    Ok... so we have touched on Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Chuck, Computers, role playing games, computer games, books... so who's going to be the next one to add their "Nerd Factor" to this pig pile?!?!

NERDS UNITE!!!

lol
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, im not quite an old fart yet lol...im hitting my 30th in December! :noway: Although im much older mentally...grew up too fast I guess! My husband is 39 going on 40 in a month!

I dont quite know what I do thats nerdy...but ive been called one (and a dork) many times! Found this thread rather funny, so I guess I have the same "dry wit" as everyone here! Do I count? *raises hand* ME ME ME :bigsmile:
  • gse313
    Options
    39 going on 40.... at least he's not 39 going on 50... guess you're helping keep him young!! ;-)

If you've been accused of being a dork or nerd... chances are good you are one... just never knew it!! lol

Welcome to the nut house!!! :drinker:
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Twilight Zone, Get Smart......Danger Will Robinson!!!!
    As you wish, I am sending a request now.