Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Replies

• gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    OM Frackin' G... How did I forget about Andromeda?!?!? I miss Romi!!

nerdybre... I have the TARDIS sound on my phone for one of my ring tones!!! LOL
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    "Jason X" has Romi and Becca swap being android and human. I think that that was the only good thing about that movie.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    If you've ever responded to "It's much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside" with "Just like the Tardis," you might be a nerd/geek. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    The spice must FLOW!

^

He who controls the Spice, controls the universe !

My husband & I love "Dune" .... probably seen that movie 50 times ..... can recite a lot of the dialog (I know, get a life LOL)

Ended up reading quite a few of the books after that, because I always wondered what happened after Feyd (Sting) gets a knife stuck up his throat !

Have a great day ...... and watch out for wormsign :laugh:
  • gse313
    If you've ever responded to "It's much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside" with "Just like the Tardis," you might be a nerd/geek. :)

Same goes for hearing a church bell ring and thinking "Oh Crap.. Tell me that's not the Cloister Bell"!! lol
  • gse313
    "Jason X" has Romi and Becca swap being android and human. I think that that was the only good thing about that movie.

might actually need to watch that movie now... Hmmmm....
  • Anyone remember the series Earth 2? I loved that show and was so sad that it was cancelled after the first season.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    I support all the Fs too: Futurama, Farscape, Firefly!

The new V, I couldn't, the writing was simply undigestible.
  • gse313
    I support all the Fs too: Futurama, Farscape, Firefly!

The new V, I couldn't, the writing was simply undigestible.

So I guess the New 'V' gets filed under 'F' for FUBARed?!? LOL
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member

You know Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars movie (and there are only 3)

I do have to shamefully admit to owning the disasters that came after, but only because the spouse wanted it! (Shakes head) How do I get myself in these situations?
  • gse313
    I too own the others... only because I believe that IF you are going to have someone watch all of them for the first time (i.e my wife (yes, she lead a VERY sheltered childhood)), they should at least be done in the rite order and not having to forget everything you know.
  • gse313
    Does anyone remember Kevin Sorbo's major series prior to Andromeda?? LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Does anyone remember Kevin Sorbo's major series prior to Andromeda?? LOL

Wasn't Hercules before Andromeda?
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    This sounds like a fun group! I play Guild Wars, Love Firefly/Serenity, Star Gate, X Files!, etc. Didn't catch the old BBC shows and sadly have to admit that Dr. Who isn't my cuppa. I have tried, honestly! I just joined 2 days ago and really enjoy the set up of just putting food and exercise in. Soooo easy!

I am a bit older than 39... ok honestly am definitely past 40, no wait, make that 50! But I have teenagers and they keep me young (or they try to!)

Love the picture/avatar of Jaba! Thanks for such a fun thread! Would love to have more friends. Friend of mine lost 70, was struggling with the last 20 and his boss told him about this site. I joined day after he did. I am really excited about it! When I get tired or thinking what's the use, I pop on, read some and am motivated to go out and do something! Walked the pup today.after reading!

Brightest Blessings,
    Christine
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Wasn't he in Beast master? or sumptin like that?
  • gse313
    Mr Collins got it... Hercules!!

Eileen... CLOSE, but on cigar.. Kull the Conqueror was the one you were thinking of, but I do beleive it was prior to Hercules as wll now that you mention it... hummm... might be time to go back an watch that series now.
  • old at 39...wish i was that again......passed the 57 milestone and remember fireball XL5 in BW, first series of Dr who...OMG I am old!!!!
  • gse313
    Like I've said earlier in this thread Mike...

It's not the age, it's the mileage...

We like you, you can stay!! lol
  • gse313
    Ok... here's a geek out for everyone... Has anyone, becides me, ever used their computer to plan a full day of outside activity?

If not, and you want to cross "Capture the Flag", "Hide and Seek", and a "Treasure Hunt" with hiking... look into Geocaching!!
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    I've considered geocaching, but haven't found time to try it yet. We have five pets, two jobs, and a fixer upper house - plenty enough to keep us busy!

Probably will give it a try sometime - after I'm done with rehab-level work!