Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My biggest secret is I'm starting to like this current doctor much better than the previous one. *Covers head with hands and runs to take cover from swarming crowd of pissed off ladies*
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm an "Old Fart" at 39...

I am a "Whovian" who clearly remembers watching Tom Baker on PBS back in the 80s...

The short run and British SciFi shows like "Misfits of Science", "Blakes 7", or "Red Dwarf" still hold a place in my heart.

"Benny Hill" and "Dave Allen At Large" STILL crack me up.

I need to lose IN EXCESS of 100 lbs... as Gabriel Iglesias puts it, I'm a size DAMN!!! lol

If you think you'd work well in the asylum I call my friends, Drop me a request!!

I am totally a Whovian! I went to England this summer so I could find Matt Smith and have his babies. I'll take Chris too.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I am an old fart with an 11 year old and 9 year old I got remarried and he wanted children. I love my kids but I thought I was done lol Thank God I had a boy and girl. He said he would have shot for 4. I am 52.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this. is awesome
    Whovian reporting for duty.

I used to be old but i regenerated into a younger form, and now i wear a stetson, we all know thats cool
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    Count me in!

Total nerd here. Love Star Trek, Star Wars, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica,Alien Nation, V (Original), Futurama.

Ive attended the last 3 consecutive Megacon conventions in Orlando FL and one of my best friends is a sketch colorist for several comic book series. :laugh:

--- Dont know about anyone else...but when Im at the gym and need to clean up the machines, our paper towel dispensers have the motion sensor. Every time i wave my hand I think this---

"These aren’t the droids you’re looking for " :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    WOW, Either the number of us Geeks or nerds on MFP is VERY low.... or everyone else is fooling themselves thinking they aren't one!! lol

The number of Geeks or Nerds on MFP is 42. Just incase you really wanted to know.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Nerd and fellow Sasquatch here.
    Requested!
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love Star Trek, Star Wars, Twilight Zone, Munsters, .Blade Runner, and I am not very cool, not good on a computer, and an old MOM as my kids will look at me in disgust, when it comes to the computer. So if you like, and I qualify, add me as a friend. :)
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My biggest secret is I'm starting to like this current doctor much better than the previous one. *Covers head with hands and runs to take cover from swarming crowd of pissed off ladies*

Actually, Matt Smith is growing on me too... sorry Ladies, This guy is NOT a David Tennant junkie, but he was good... I think every regeneration takes some getting used to... take Tom Baker to Collin Baker... that was like night and day!! and I'm not just talking the blonde hair!!! lol

Amanda... At 6'4" with a size 16EEEE shoe, I am one of the shorter ones at the family reunion. My Dad's cousin is like 6'8" with a "Great Under-standing" (I want to say like a size 19) lol BTW... LOVE the MST3K ticker!!

Martha... You qualify... BARELY after knowing about the lack of computer skills, but we'll let you slide. :wink:

Trace... I BOW to your Geek-ness Buck Rogers?!?!? How could I forget Erin Gray and Gil Gerard?!?!?
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the first 3 episodes of the new season of Doctor Who????????????????
    Matt Smith is amazing!

How about Farscape, anyone heard of that?!
  • a_moondragon
    Options
    Well, I'm a music nerd... as in, underneath my Tolkien books and LoTR action figures I have somewhere around 900 classical music albums that I've rescued from various places. So music nerdy that I spent way too much money to record a classical guitar/voice project with a buddy that we'd been planning for 5 or so years.

I'm only half computer nerd, though. I only learn something when I need to use it, like rooting Android and whatnot. Real computer nerds learn things just because it's fun to know how to do them.

Bilbo, Bilbo Baggins, the bravest little hobbit of them all!
  • gse313
    Options
    Have you seen the first 3 episodes of the new season of Doctor Who????????????????
    Matt Smith is amazing!

This new season is pretty good so far.

Holy Crap... Farscape... now THERE's a name I haven't heard in a long time!! lol
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm an "Old Fart" at 39...

I am a "Whovian" who clearly remembers watching Tom Baker on PBS back in the 80s...

The short run and British SciFi shows like "Misfits of Science", "Blakes 7", or "Red Dwarf" still hold a place in my heart.

"Benny Hill" and "Dave Allen At Large" STILL crack me up.

I need to lose IN EXCESS of 100 lbs... as Gabriel Iglesias puts it, I'm a size DAMN!!! lol

If you think you'd work well in the asylum I call my friends, Drop me a request!!

The Doctor rocks my world, Red Dwarf is awesome and my big red pick up has a license plate that says REDDWRF. :) You can send me a request if you like. I as you can see, consider myself a big nerd.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Matt Smith is amazing!

This new season is pretty good so far.

Holy Crap... Farscape... now THERE's a name I haven't heard in a long time!! lol

Did warn you I was an uber nerd!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Options
    Matt Smith is amazing!

I couldn't get into Farscape.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Options
    Red Dwarf is the best show ever made

♥ this post.
  • gse313
    Options

Ok... is it my imagination, or is that Leonard Nemoy's 'Ballad of Bilbo Baggins'?!?!? LOL Half nerd is still nerd!! Welcome to Middle Earth!!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Options
    Ok... so we have touched on Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Chuck, Computers, role playing games, computer games, books... so who's going to be the next one to add their "Nerd Factor" to this pig pile?!?!

NERDS UNITE!!!

lol

What about the new BBC Sherlock and IT Crowd???? Any one hit on those yet? :) I'd marry Moss if he were real and I wasn't already married.
  • a_moondragon
    Options

Ok... is it my imagination, or is that Leonard Nemoy's 'Ballad of Bilbo Baggins'?!?!? LOL Half nerd is still nerd!! Welcome to Middle Earth!!

What else could it be? I really need to add that to my new phone's jogging playlist. And my Tom Lehrer! Thank goodness this thread came around. I'd never have remembered what I was missing
  • gse313
    Options
    Moon... Glad we could be of service!! ;-)

Nerdybre... Haven't checked into the new shows... with the crazy schedule I keep, I am at the mercy of what BBC America allows my cable company to put on OnDemand