No More Excuses - Week 6

Options

Replies

• Angel1029
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! I just finished my workout for today. I'm in my 4th week and still going strong. I gained almost a pound though, but I think it may be muscle. I hope it is because I've been eating the same. But I am losing inches so that's good.
    How is everyone else doing? Enjoy the rest of the day. It's actually nice outside here in VA. Sun is shining and no wind, not bad for the middle of December.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    There you guys are. I lost you somehow. I thought maybe I got dumped off. I am doing okay. I am on C25k week 5 day 2. It is harder and I don't think I am ready for the 20 minutes. I am going to stay where I am for a while and see how it goes. Have a great Tuesday.

Tammy, we would NEVER dump you and I am sorry you couldn't find us. I put a link in the previous week and always will! We :heart: you; you are stuck with us!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Amanda...Thank you. I love being stuck with this group. You guys are great. I was posting every day and noticed that I was the only once since Sunday morning. I was getting lonely and I posted where did everybody go? Amaline found me back there in week 5 and told me how to do a search for week 6. I don't know how I missed the thread, I am still learning how to move around in MFP. I'm trying a new recipe for dinner and I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I told ya'll about the chicken I made the other day. I put 4 chicken breasts in the crockpot, 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix and one can of jellied cranberry sauce. I cooked it on high for 2 hours and low for 2 hours. I made it into BBQ sandwiches this time and it was really good and sooo easy. Talk to you later:smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Writing really fast, off to take youngest to PT. I am wearing size 12 jeans. This is the smallest size I have been in for 14 years. I mean I was in size 12 last winter but then went back to 14 and 16s. I have been in size 16 or 18s in 13 years. I am excited and determined to get in a size 10 in the next couple of months.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good job Amanda. You should be very proud of yourself!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    There you guys are. I lost you somehow. I thought maybe I got dumped off. I am doing okay. I am on C25k week 5 day 2. It is harder and I don't think I am ready for the 20 minutes. I am going to stay where I am for a while and see how it goes. Have a great Tuesday.

Because I must be from some other planet and apparently the only one that has no clue........could you explain to me what C25k is?

thanks
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Amanda...Thank you. I love being stuck with this group. You guys are great. I was posting every day and noticed that I was the only once since Sunday morning. I was getting lonely and I posted where did everybody go? Amaline found me back there in week 5 and told me how to do a search for week 6. I don't know how I missed the thread, I am still learning how to move around in MFP. I'm trying a new recipe for dinner and I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I told ya'll about the chicken I made the other day. I put 4 chicken breasts in the crockpot, 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix and one can of jellied cranberry sauce. I cooked it on high for 2 hours and low for 2 hours. I made it into BBQ sandwiches this time and it was really good and sooo easy. Talk to you later:smile:

I love this idea. Think I will try it soon! Thanks for sharing!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Writing really fast, off to take youngest to PT. I am wearing size 12 jeans. This is the smallest size I have been in for 14 years. I mean I was in size 12 last winter but then went back to 14 and 16s. I have been in size 16 or 18s in 13 years. I am excited and determined to get in a size 10 in the next couple of months.

YOU GO GIRL!!!! WHAWHOOOOOOO!!!!! Isn't it a great feeling! My 12's are getting loose which I am absolutely loving!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Tigermom (Ann? I am getting names confused)...C25K is the couch to 5K program. It is the running program Amaline and I are doing. I'm not sure who else is doing it. I found it on coolrunning.com. It is broken down into 8 weeks, I think, and each week you increase the amount of time you are running until you are running the equivalent of a 5K race. I am on week 5 and I am running 8 minutes and walking 5. When I move up to the next step on this week I have to run for 20 minutes with no walking and I definitely am not ready for that, so I am going to stick where I am for a while.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!! WHAWHOOOOOOO!!!!! Isn't it a great feeling! My 12's are getting loose which I am absolutely loving!!!

Ann, if your 12s are getting lose and that little girl in baton class asked you the question she did, I would hate to think of what she might ask me. :grumble: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Today has been fabulous! I went to the gym this morning and had to drive in icky roads to get there. Don't like that. Burnt 400 calories, lifted weights and ran for 5 minutes. My food is under my calories and I feel good.

Hope everybody is having a terrific day!:flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey ya'll...I had a good day. Just got back from the gym and burned over 400 calories. Now I am baking cookies for my little guy so we can watch a quick Christmas movie before bed. I have the calories left but I haven't decided whether to have a cookie or not. I guess it depends on how good they look when they come out of the oven. My dinner was delicious. Here is what I did:

Put 4 frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot
    add a large (24 oz) jar of salsa
    add 2 cups of frozen corn
    cook on low for about 5-6 hours
    30 minutes before eating, add a can of drained black beans. This will be soupy.
    Top each chicken breast with 1/2 cup salsa mixture (I used a slotted spoon to get rid of some of the liquid), 1/4 cup shredded FF or 2% cheese and 1 to 2 tbsp. reduced fat sour cream. I served it with 1/2 cup Mexican rice. My husband loved it and he is not a big fan of chicken. With rice calories 488, carbs 51, fat 8, protein 40.

Sleep well MFP friends:yawn:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tammy, that sounds delicious! Think we are having that for dinner tomorrow night! Did you put in the food datebase for MFP and if so, under what name?
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey everyone

Well the temperature has dropped after a mild couple of weeks and it is 10degrees (celcius) today Brrrrr! Ok, I know you guys probably don't think that's cold but I am a warm weather creature at heart and I don't do the cold well at all :laugh: good thing it's only 9 sleeps till I get home to summer! One other thing I am looking forward to is being surrounded by normal size people - everyone in China is so tiny. I am 5"10 so I am tall as well as carrying some extra weight and I just feel like a hippo barging around all the time. I even got shooed out of a clothes shop here once by a girl saying "too big! too big"! :noway: I had to laugh about it

Amanda - sounds like you are having a great day YAY! and congrats on the size 12s thats awesome!

Tam - I am doing that scary 20 minute run tonight eeep! wish me luck

Angel - sounds like you are doing great with your workouts! I am jealous of your sunshine, send some this way!

Laura - congrats on a great day and I am sure today will be just as good!

TIgermom - I used to work with kids and they always crack me up with the things they say, I miss it sometimes. Glad you saw the light side of it.

Yvonneh and Littlebigbird - plateaus are the pits, I am right there with you guys.

JustJack and Runninggirl you guys have been quiet this week, I hope you are well!

Hope I didn't forget anyone and that you are all having a great week :happy:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Oh my friends, I am eating cookies. This is not good!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amanda...I'm not sure how to add it to the database. I went back and tried but it didn't give me the option. Do you know how?

Amaline...Let me know how the 20 minutes goes. Good luck!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Hello ladies, after losing 4 pounds last week due to sickness I seem to be eating too many treats. We got a Christmas parcel in the mail yesterday filled with goodies. It is so hard to keep on track in the evenings for me, I was perfect all day. I definitely need to get back into exercise mode...no excuses, starting tomorrow!

xx Kim
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Having a pretty good week, down a pound and a half already this week, not sure if will make 4.7 lbs though.

Ran 2.5 miles today which is a new personal best. Might go for 3 miles on Thursday.

Was real good all day, but had Pizza for dinner (Palermos thin crust). Still under on calories, but WAY over on saturated fat. It was good to have Pizza.

I am planning a major cheat day before the end of the year. I have about 5 things I really miss, Sausage Biscuits from McDs, Salty Fries, Chips/Salsa, Coke, Mexican food. I plan on getting them all in on the same day. Trying to figure out which meal to have the coke with. I might just do it for Breakfast :-).

On a healthier note, I am planning on making a giant batch of red beans and rice during Xmas break. Got a killer recipe from one of my coworkers who is from New Orleans. Its a pretty complicated recipe and takes several hours to make. I only make it once a year.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    You know Jack, I still have one coke a day. I make sure it fits in my calories. I totally gave up all the food I loved last time and then got mad and just quit. I also eat Mexican, my family loves it and it is the only place we go out to eat. Dont deprive yourself too much! :wink:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Amanda...I'm not sure how to add it to the database. I went back and tried but it didn't give me the option. Do you know how?

Amaline...Let me know how the 20 minutes goes. Good luck!

I believe when you enter all the details in MFP, it asks if you want to make this available to other members. That is when you are able to do it. Maybe you could edit it?? I truly don't know.