No More Excuses - Week 6

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Allison and Ann, you are both doing awesome!

My calories are 500 over today, christmas cookies again but I refused to sweat it. Actually when I clicked on the green button that says "if everyday was like today" it still shows a small weight lose so oh well. Tomorrow is gym day. I will do weights and cardio. I am scared in a way because tomorrow is my last gym day until the 4th of January. That means I will have to do something at home and with Christmas I am just not sure where my motivation lays right now.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Allison and Ann, you are both doing awesome!

My calories are 500 over today, christmas cookies again but I refused to sweat it. Actually when I clicked on the green button that says "if everyday was like today" it still shows a small weight lose so oh well. Tomorrow is gym day. I will do weights and cardio. I am scared in a way because tomorrow is my last gym day until the 4th of January. That means I will have to do something at home and with Christmas I am just not sure where my motivation lays right now.

Thanks Amanda and Allison. Personally for this time of year and as busy as we all sound. I think everyone of us is doing a great job, because none of us have given up! Amanda, you are such a strong person and I admire you for your persistance and not giving up.

I did manage my 5 min run tonight, along with the crunches and side bends. I really didn't feel like it, but forced myself to get off the couch and do it. Now I am ready for bed!!!! Night all and rest well!

Speaking of that.....anyone have clues (other than drugs) to sleep all night long. This Pre-Menopausal Crap is just that! I am awake at 2 or 3 every morning. Awake until about 5, and then of course when the alarm goes off at 6, I feel like I could sleep forever. URG>>>>>:grumble: I have tried one type of vitamin and it didn't seem to make a difference. Now maybe you have to take them a while before they really work. I tried a couple of nights and then gave up on it. I thought maybe exercising would make me tired enough that I would sleep like a baby. NOPE!!!! Oh well, I'm off to bed anyway!!!
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am not sure what you classify as "drugs" but melatonin works wonders for my girls. I give it to the youngest because of her issues and my oldest dd gets it because she manages on three hours but I need her to sleep more. It is sold over the counter, and works wonders. Occassionally I take a tynoel pm, but usually I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! I am up and ready to go today. I did great yesterday and stayed within the calories that I am susposed to be eating. I didn't exercise though because of pelvic pain and some lower back pain. I have to go today and have a pelvic ultrasound to try to find out why I am having so much pelvic pain. Please pray for me that they won't find anything. I am going to try to exercise later. Anyways I hope you all have a great day.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Laura, lots of prayers and mojo for you with your ultrasound. I hope they are able to get you all taken care of. Back/pelvic pain is just the worst! If you have a chance to order some, I would definitely reccomend Faerie Made Arnica Balm. I use it for my back/hip pain and it really does work wonders. I'll email you the link to read up on it. :) I actually use it for just about any soreness I have.

I stayed within my calories yesterday, but didn't work out. I am beating myself up over not working out like I should. Am trying ot convince my husband that we do need a $48 gym membership, so we can use an indoor track (and not freeze!), but he's not wanting to spend all the money needed at once to sign up. Hrmph.

I am finding that while Thanksgiving was easy for me to get through, December is tough! All the carmel popcorn (which isn't too bad calorie wise for a cup... if I can STOP at a cup!), and chocolate candy that finds its way into this office that ISN'T sugar free is killing me! I am going today to buy ALOT of sugar free snacks and stocking the back room of the office so if I DO get so tempted I have to have something, I can grab a 60cal Jello or something, instead of what I shouldn't have. On the plus side, I have only been drinking water and unsweet tea with splenda for the last 4 months, with the exception of three sips of diet dr. pepper (which I found disgusting!) This is a big deal for me, because I used to live off of Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.

How are all of you doing this morning?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Laura thinking about you; hoping everything goes well! :flowerforyou:

Hi Dragonfly! :smile:

I am off to get my kids ready for their last day of school before the break and then I will hit the gym. Have a great day everybody!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I am not sure what you classify as "drugs" but melatonin works wonders for my girls. I give it to the youngest because of her issues and my oldest dd gets it because she manages on three hours but I need her to sleep more. It is sold over the counter, and works wonders. Occassionally I take a tynoel pm, but usually I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Sorry....I didn't mean to be negative in my comments!!! Melatonin is exactly what the dr. told me to try. I only took one, and like I said only a couple of nights. Does it take a while to kick in and should I maybe take a couple of them at night? I usually have such a low tolarence for medication that asprin puts me to sleep. I don't know what is wrong. By drugs, I meant prescription. I would like to stay "natural" as much as I can but I know that is not possible all the time. I truly hope I didn't offend you! SORRY:frown:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! I am up and ready to go today. I did great yesterday and stayed within the calories that I am susposed to be eating. I didn't exercise though because of pelvic pain and some lower back pain. I have to go today and have a pelvic ultrasound to try to find out why I am having so much pelvic pain. Please pray for me that they won't find anything. I am going to try to exercise later. Anyways I hope you all have a great day.

Please take care of yourself and yes you will definately be in my prayers. Keep us posted!:flowerforyou:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Laura, lots of prayers and mojo for you with your ultrasound. I hope they are able to get you all taken care of. Back/pelvic pain is just the worst! If you have a chance to order some, I would definitely reccomend Faerie Made Arnica Balm. I use it for my back/hip pain and it really does work wonders. I'll email you the link to read up on it. :) I actually use it for just about any soreness I have.

I stayed within my calories yesterday, but didn't work out. I am beating myself up over not working out like I should. Am trying ot convince my husband that we do need a $48 gym membership, so we can use an indoor track (and not freeze!), but he's not wanting to spend all the money needed at once to sign up. Hrmph.

I am finding that while Thanksgiving was easy for me to get through, December is tough! All the carmel popcorn (which isn't too bad calorie wise for a cup... if I can STOP at a cup!), and chocolate candy that finds its way into this office that ISN'T sugar free is killing me! I am going today to buy ALOT of sugar free snacks and stocking the back room of the office so if I DO get so tempted I have to have something, I can grab a 60cal Jello or something, instead of what I shouldn't have. On the plus side, I have only been drinking water and unsweet tea with splenda for the last 4 months, with the exception of three sips of diet dr. pepper (which I found disgusting!) This is a big deal for me, because I used to live off of Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.

How are all of you doing this morning?

Good morning Dragonfly. By the way,,,,,your picture is cool!!!

Great idea on stocking up on the low cal and sugar free stuff. I think December is proving to be difficult for all of us. We can all use each others suggestions and support through this. I actually had a diet dr. pepper last night and didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. I try to stick to the water and tea as well. I have a huge (34 oz) water bottle on my desk and after my coffee, I try to get at least one of those down during the day and then drink water with my meals and such. It has helped.

I understand about the expense of getting started with a gym. Maybe you could suggest it as a Christmas gift for each other or something like that, or tell relatives if they ask what you want. Health is so important that we all have to do what we can to take care of ourselves, but finances seem to get in the way of a lot. Have you noticed that it is actually cheaper to eat junk food than healthy stuff. The healthy stuff at the store is always more expensive. No wonder we all have such a problem during these times. Even if you go to fast food, their healthier choices are more expensive too.

Well.....have a great day and best of luck in your office delima!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Sorry....I didn't mean to be negative in my comments!!! Melatonin is exactly what the dr. told me to try. I only took one, and like I said only a couple of nights. Does it take a while to kick in and should I maybe take a couple of them at night? I usually have such a low tolarence for medication that asprin puts me to sleep. I don't know what is wrong. By drugs, I meant prescription. I would like to stay "natural" as much as I can but I know that is not possible all the time. I truly hope I didn't offend you! SORRY:frown:

Ann, I must have came off extremely wrong in my post. I felt no offense what-so-ever and if I came across this way I am truly sorry. My younest dd is on from pretty powerful seizure meds that I consider drugs. I don't consider over the counter meds "drugs". I am once again sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

The melatonin works wonders for both of them and I do remember it taking a couple of nights to work for the oldest.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Ann, I must have came off extremely wrong in my post. I felt no offense what-so-ever and if I came across this way I am truly sorry. My younest dd is on from pretty powerful seizure meds that I consider drugs. I don't consider over the counter meds "drugs". I am once again sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

The melatonin works wonders for both of them and I do remember it taking a couple of nights to work for the oldest.

You really didn't Amanda, I just know sometimes I can be a little "untactful" you might say and wanted to make sure!!!! Glad we are on the up and up!!! ;)

Okay....so I will try it again for maybe a week and see if it does help. I have such a horrible time with remembering to take stuff. Unless I'm sick and it makes me feel better I space it out. I can't remember to take my "antacid" stuff in the morning either, until I have heartburn, then I think well you dummy!!!!!

Talk to you soon and have a wonderful day!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

You really didn't Amanda, I just know sometimes I can be a little "untactful" you might say and wanted to make sure!!!! Glad we are on the up and up!!! ;)

Okay....so I will try it again for maybe a week and see if it does help. I have such a horrible time with remembering to take stuff. Unless I'm sick and it makes me feel better I space it out. I can't remember to take my "antacid" stuff in the morning either, until I have heartburn, then I think well you dummy!!!!!

I have a med schedule posted, do you want me to add your name to my list for reminder emails?? :tongue: :laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options

I have a med schedule posted, do you want me to add your name to my list for reminder emails?? :tongue: :laugh:

I might need that!!!!:laugh:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning all...Hope today finds you well.

I DID IT!!! I ran on the treadmill at the gym for 20 minutes without stopping. It has hard but I just kept going. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and someone was on "my" bike (I only like this one bike) so I got on the treadmill just to walk for a few minutes. Then I started jogging and didn't stop. I feel great. I think I will be a little sore. I did a lot of stretching, hope it helps.

Ann...My husband swings shifts and he takes Melatonin on his graveyard shifts. It works very well for him.

Laura...Sending my prayers for your tests today.

Dragonfly...Good morning to you too. Sounds like you have a good plan. It is hard when you can't control what other people bring in to snack on.

Have a great day MFP friends
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Congrats Tammy....that is totally awsome for you!!!! I have such a hard time doing the 5-6 minutes right now! I will get there though...I am determined!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, you will get there. When I first started, I could barely run the 60 seconds before I had to walk for 90 seconds. My heart hurt. I have never been a runner and probably never will be. My goal is to possibly do a 5K. I have no desire to run half marathons or anything like that. I like to do different things to keep me from quitting. I picked up a copy of Jillian's (?) 30 Day Shred DVD last night at Sam's Club for $9. It has 3 different levels of 20 minute workouts and you move up as you get stronger. It is supposed to be really good. I liked the 20 minute idea, that way I can cram it in between everything else that is going on without too much trouble.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Cool!!! It isn't so much my heart but my knees and legs that get me!!!! I figure even if I push myself 30 seconds longer each day I will eventually get there!!! ;(
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tammy, way to go! That is awesome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I had the ultrasound, and boy let me tell you that girl pushed on my pelvic area something horrible. It hurt so bad. I was laying there to myself let me do this to you when you are in pain and push on you like that. I won't find out the results until tomorrow afternoon I hope. I have totally blew it for today calorie wise, stress eating again, I seriously have got to stop running to food every time I am stressed. I need to find another way to blow off stress!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I had the ultrasound, and boy let me tell you that girl pushed on my pelvic area something horrible. It hurt so bad. I was laying there to myself let me do this to you when you are in pain and push on you like that. I won't find out the results until tomorrow afternoon I hope. I have totally blew it for today calorie wise, stress eating again, I seriously have got to stop running to food every time I am stressed. I need to find another way to blow off stress!!!!

At least the tests are over, but I hate the waiting. Let us know when you find out. I don't have any advice about the stress eating because I do the same thing. It is hard not to. Try not to worry and we will keep you in our prayers:smile: