Replies

• katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    KFC salad all come in under 200 calories
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is terrible, and I think South Park did the best explanation of that. Subway...if I want a sandwich made with pre-packaged meat I'll go to the store and pick up some tasty meats, and a good bread.

Chipotle is my favorite healthy eating out place. They offer brown rice, black beans, I can ask for extra veggies, the calorie counts are available, even on their menu, you can ask for high calorie items on the side, etc.

Generally on the weekends, I split a bowl between lunch and dinner. My bowl is about 700 calories (estimate) including the guacamole.
  • pberta
    pberta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love the Burger King BK Veggie Burger (No Mayo) 320 Calories. You have to make sure you say no mayo because they will smother it with a ton of calories.
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As long as you can access the nutritional information online you should be able to select SOMETHING that fits your daily intake at most restaurants. Given that it's going to be a once-in-a-while thing, I wouldn't concern yourself with anything other than fitting it into your calorie/macro totals.

That being said, my #1 choice is Chipotle because:

1) It tastes great
    2) They have a calc on-line here:
    http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx
    3) I can customize according to my macro room for the day.

Typically I get a burrito bowl with double-chicken.

Thank you so much for giving that url for chipolte; I didn't know they had a nutrition calulator that is so easy. This is fantastic!
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As long as you can access the nutritional information online you should be able to select SOMETHING that fits your daily intake at most restaurants. Given that it's going to be a once-in-a-while thing, I wouldn't concern yourself with anything other than fitting it into your calorie/macro totals.

That being said, my #1 choice is Chipotle because:

1) It tastes great
    2) They have a calc on-line here:
    http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx
    3) I can customize according to my macro room for the day.

Typically I get a burrito bowl with double-chicken.

Thank you so much for giving that url for chipolte; I didn't know they had a nutrition calulator that is so easy. This is fantastic!
  • kellison89
    kellison89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns - NO MAYO, if you really want to reduce calories or carbs get an unwich.
    I love panera, great salads
    Chipotle, no tortilla
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sonnys BBQ grilled chicken breast no bun 130, bbq baked beans 148, 1 slice garlic bread 180 - total 458

Chick filet - grilled chicken sandwich plain 290, small waffle fries 270 - total 560

Sonic - grilled chicken sandwich plain 330, small fries 220 - total 550

Chilli's Margarita grilled chicken breast 220, side order of fries 380 - total 600
  • knb2000
    knb2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about that. When I was working the night shift a few months ago we would get lunch from there. Totally healthy stuff and reasonable prices..
    7-Eleven
    LOVE that place!
    They have actual healthy choices.
    Hard boiled eggs, bananas, carrots, celery, fruits.
    Sandwiches on wheat bread.
    Special K shakes

The list goes on.