Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• bigaussiebloke
    bigaussiebloke Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What men don't want:
    Someone who is critical and controlling
    Someone who expects them to have no other friends or interests outside of the relationship
    Someone who needs constant reassurance to make up for their own low self-image.

What men DO want:

They want the pretty and down-to-earth girl next door, who they could be proud to have by their side.
    and someone who will love them without restraint in the bedroom and never need to look at another man.

Am I wrong??

Pretty much spot on!

What I look for in a woman is how they Carry themselves....If a woman carries themselves with confidence and approaches life with a smile and enthusiasm....It certainly floats my boat!
  • rancid2040
    rancid2040 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hate to sound Freudian, but myself and a lot of my male friends ended up with females sharing crazy similarities to our moms.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My personal list of "must-have":
    - Ability to juggle. Not that fake crap where you take two balls and toss one in the air while passing the other one from hand to hand. I'm talking full on, bowling pins in the air, unicycle type juggling.
    - Hair that tastes like chemicals, with slightly singed tips. Must occur naturally, I'll know if she pulled out a Bic on it.
    - Deaf in one ear. What can I say, I enjoy repeating myself.
    - Legs of uneven length. This forces that "gangsta lean" and will scare away would-be attackers.

Absolute deal breakers:
    - An uneven number of teeth. Symmetry is necessary in all things. Oops, except for legs.
    - Having ever worked as an extra on a movie. I don't want to sift through IMBD results while Google-stalking.
    - Having had access to the Internet for more than 59 minutes cumulatively over her entire life span. All it takes is 1 hour to completely ruin a person.
    - A name that in any way shape or form rhymes or melds with my own. I don't want anyone coming up with a cutesey couple name.

That's all, I'm pretty easy to please.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What men don't want:
    Someone who is critical and controlling
    Someone who expects them to have no other friends or interests outside of the relationship
    Someone who needs constant reassurance to make up for their own low self-image.

What men DO want:

They want the pretty and down-to-earth girl next door, who they could be proud to have by their side.
    and someone who will love them without restraint in the bedroom and never need to look at another man.

Am I wrong??

You forgot to add with a good sense of humor and a smile that lights up the room...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    This exact same thread reappears about 3 times a month, from different people. Women, I mean. It's always women asking what men want and not the reverse. What men want in a relationship, in our bodies, blah blah blah. It's like the women plan their lives around what men want on this site.

Ladies, how about we:

1. stop worrying what the freaking guys want all the time
    2. figure out what we want
    3. do that
    4. and be open and friendly, so that when a guy comes along that shares that interest you can scoop him up. (Because with ~7 billion people in the world, you're bound to find at least one person who sincerely likes you just as you are, no calculation and strategies necessary. If he doesn't, why would you want HIM?)

We can all go home now.

Because a lot of women have low self esteem and need a man to make them feel good so we try to make ourselves appeal to as many men as possible so it's a higher chance of us bagging one, not realizing that those efforts can drive men away, making them miserable in the process. I've been through this every time I'm single. Hopefully I'm never single again in my life because I really don't want to go through that again. :laugh:
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This exact same thread reappears about 3 times a month, from different people. Women, I mean. It's always women asking what men want and not the reverse. What men want in a relationship, in our bodies, blah blah blah. It's like the women plan their lives around what men want on this site.

Ladies, how about we:

1. stop worrying what the freaking guys want all the time
    2. figure out what we want
    3. do that
    4. and be open and friendly, so that when a guy comes along that shares that interest you can scoop him up. (Because with ~7 billion people in the world, you're bound to find at least one person who sincerely likes you just as you are, no calculation and strategies necessary. If he doesn't, why would you want HIM?)

This young lady gets it. You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. Once you find your own happiness and become content with who you are, you will gain more confidence when dealing with others because you won't rely on them for your happiness. It's no wrong to want affirmation, but put your own above that of others.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    shy, sweet genuine smiles....hearts and stars in eyes.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I think men want to be with a woman that makes them happy

a woman that they think of when they are supposed to be thinking of other things... like work lol

I believe men want love as much as women do and they look for a woman that will make them feel absolutely wonderful...

men get bored easy so I feel they need a bit of mystery as well ...

fun fun fun !!!! thats whats missing in most relationships... the good healthy relationships seem to have that !!!!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, if we are dating you, we like you, we think you're sexy and we could possibly be happy forever. It's your job not to screw that up. Don't try to change us, don't get too crazy when PMS'ing, and make sure the sex stays good.

Of course there are those of us out there that are jerks who will screw this up...but for the most part, what I wrote above applies to the majority.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    well said SVCat !!!

I like how you added the last few lines though because there are jerks who are men and jerks who are women too
  • bfvmg1
    Options
    Guys ae all different, but what I look for is:

1. Attractiveness. Not just a hot body and big boobs (although that is a plus). I also look for nice eyes, nice smile, and general "how do they take care of themselves". I have dated plenty of heavy women, and size inst really a factor for me (my current wife was very heavy, and has since had a gastric bypass). That leads to number 2...

2. How is their attitude? Do they smile, are they confident but not bossy. DO they know themselves, and know what they want. Are they capable? Independent but still "need me"?

3. As much as it will be castigated in here, Sex. Do they like it, are compatible sexually? Do they like to touch, hold hands, kiss? Do they initiate physical contact, even just a small touch or hands on the thigh in the car. Are they willing to do PDAs?

As you can see, its just as complex as any other human being. Bottom line is "am I attracted to you"? and then "do I like to hang with you"? and finally "Do we get along enough to be together"?
  • Eddie274
    Options
    Physically, yeah boobs do it for me, and long hair, but personality is more important. If someone is attentive then I really like that as I'm very tactile and affectionate myself.
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like a woman that can hold my attention with her intelligence and wit , And having lots of things in common aswell as feeling comfortable and relaxed from the get go ... Meeting my wife was truly finding the other half of me !!!
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A nekkid woman with beer.