Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

Options

Replies

• MonkRocker
    Options
    I actually read an article in Glamour magazine where they interviewed a bunch of men and a lot of them said that we judge ourselves too harshly on what our bodies look like, that the majority of them think we look just fine and aren't into big fake boobs and skinny as a rail. Found that interesting, you always hear a guy say, "you look fine.." but you just think they are being nice, maybe they're really telling the truth, haha

Oh yeah and wanted to chime in on this:

it's TOTALLY true. Women are WAY too hard on themselves when it comes to looks. I have met very sexy women of a LOT of different shapes and sizes. It's all in how you work it, and how you carry yourself. Confidence is VERY sexy. But unless there's some GLARING fashion faux pas going on, most guys aren't going to notice or care. Let's put it this way: one of the ways men think a woman looks the absolute hottest?

Hair in a ponytail, minimal makeup, in a pair of our boxers and one of our old t-shirts.

that's HOT as *kitten*. Seriously.
  • JLand918
    Options
    For me its intelligence, humor,strength,enjoy the outdoors looks do matter to a degree but please my big pet peeve is the excuses they have for letting themselves go after marriage/baby either or both.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way: one of the ways men think a woman looks the absolute hottest?

Hair in a ponytail, minimal makeup, in a pair of our boxers and one of our old t-shirts.

that's HOT as *kitten*. Seriously.

This is my favorite outfit!!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Kim... there is NO WAY that you can convince me that you don't attract guys. You are way too pretty. Guys are all different. I just know what I am looking for. Someone who loves me for me. Be yourself. My guess is you met some A-holes along the way and are second guessing yourself.
  • mandypinetown
    Options
    Many different good qualities. The one we DON'T want.....those that feel they need to text us 1000 times a day and expect us to answer each one in less than 15 seconds.

Preoccupation with your cell phone is a HUGE no in the modern day.

what about a messenger pigeon?

Oddly enough, I think that would be the coolest alternative ever. Until the pigeon attacked!

Depends on the pigeon of course. If he is brought up properly then he wouldn't attack... however, if he had a rough pigeonhood... then I couldn't promise you anything.
  • RubberDoggy
    Options
    First post ftw:

So, looking for things in a *WOMAN* is different than something in a girl. Women should be financially stable, have a personality and I mean something they have acquired over their life, not a "blonde personality" or a "red head personality". They shouldn't be a stereotype of any sorts, they should be unique.

They should be able to have consistent conversation without having to bring up something from a magazine or from the radio (ie: So-and-so just got married with so-and-so, then got divorced). Should be able to understand words that would require a high school diploma, if not some kind of college education.

They should be needy but smothering. A woman should want to be with her man but give him distance when he needs it. Hence, like myself, I am very geeky. I love playing games on my computer or just relaxing and playing on my phone / laptop. That is not a sign of ignorance but a sign of "alone time" and that should be appreciated just as much as the time you spend with that significant other.

You should be able to accept and appreciate cuddles and alone time without needing to "get freaky" every time you do so. Alone time can also be considered a BONDING time, not physical time, so that there is option for getting to know more about each other.

I personally don’t want kids so I suppose that’s another thing I would need if I were looking (happily in a relationship though ladies…) so that’s a biggie for me.

I suppose I am very picky, as a LOT of women focus more on looks and being the “perfect woman” OR are just trashy (in my experiences)… So the fact is, I want a mature person, no matter the age, all on their own. I shouldn’t have to be asked how they should act.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Do you know what it means??
    Definition: a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc.

You my dear... are being WAY proper in your speech. Give it a rest and leave the OP alone. You come off as prude, rude and a little bit of a, well... you know.

Believe it or not, some men do not like women with poor grammar as it is a sign of low intelligence. Fact. Nothing to get uptight about.
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    Definition: a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc.

You my dear... are being WAY proper in your speech. Give it a rest and leave the OP alone. You come off as prude, rude and a little bit of a, well... you know.

Believe it or not, some men do not like women with poor grammar as it is a sign of low intelligence. Fact. Nothing to get uptight about.

I don't feel I was uptight for defending the OP. Every single thing she said, you had to point something out that was wrong with it. That is a little childish. I for one, am very proper in my grammar, but I'm not going to go chasing after someone and 'beating' them up about it. Just saying.
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

That's it! I'm looking for a prude. I like women who are proper in conduct and speech, modest in dress.
  • SmexAppeal
    Options

That's it! I'm looking for a prude. I like women who are proper in conduct and speech, modest in dress.

I knew it... *runs to closet to find her most modest outfit*... oh right, I don't have those! Sorry, I'm not your type :)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

I don't feel I was uptight for defending the OP. Every single thing she said, you had to point something out that was wrong with it. That is a little childish. I for one, am very proper in my grammar, but I'm not going to go chasing after someone and 'beating' them up about it. Just saying.

Beating her up about it lol That is an exaggeration.

She asked a question and I gave my honest opinion. The OP started getting all bent out of shape about it and asked me if I had anything actually helpful to contribute to the conversation. My original comment was true and meant to be helpful.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Uhm . . . Independent, classy, funny, gorgeous, considerate, caring, opinionated, but also a little vulnerable, and passionate about something. Nothing is more unattractive than a girl who has no idea who she is as a person and just tries to fit a mold of whatever guy she is with.
  • crissy9823
    Options
    i only dont agree with that cause i do that and more and well not one man has been faithful just sayin
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    OK...BACK TO TOPIC...another thing that I look for would be teeth...does she, in fact have them....is she missing any and how sharp are they!!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    confident but not over confident...very sexy
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    i only dont agree with that cause i do that and more and well not one man has been faithful just sayin

This sounds like you may have faulty/defective Red Flag Detectors. ;)
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

I've heard that bad grammar can be a deal breaker...

There is a grammar czar on every forum! She just pointed out your gramatic errors. I will agree to some degree. In written format, poor grammar does tend to be a turn off for me. A ladies "stock" might drop, yes, deal breaker, unlikely. Some people are good in math, others, in English, as long as she has some good intellectual areas of strength, I can overlook some with weaknesses.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Look at me with my bad spelling and poor grammer. I'm off now to by me a phew catz. Know mans evir gonna want mee.

You have my sense of humor at least!
    Oddly enough, I think that would be the coolest alternative ever. Until the pigeon attacked!

Or until it pooped on your freshly washed car or on your head.
    Kim... there is NO WAY that you can convince me that you don't attract guys. You are way too pretty. Guys are all different. I just know what I am looking for. Someone who loves me for me. Be yourself. My guess is you met some A-holes along the way and are second guessing yourself.

She's a single mom, it's much harder to be "approachable" if you are with kids. Even if we don't see a ring, it's hard to come up and introduce yourself and possibly ask her out in front of her kids, and lets face it, most single moms generally have primary custody.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

A penis.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I like women who take direct pics of their chests, and put in their MFP albums and profile pics. No, seriously, I do! :flowerforyou: