Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

Options

Replies

• kimg68
    Options
    Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

one of the first things that I look for is to make sure that she does not have a penis....so I grab her by the crotch!

I think we have already met :)
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I love to laugh, but do you blame us for being self-conscious sometimes????....look at society & what we have to compare ourselves to...it's just not that easy! We are happy that some of you are "easy" to please though :D
    Thank you for that!
    [/quote]

'Splain please...
    [/quote]
    When you said that we're too hard on ourselves....it's kinda hard not to be hard on ourselves with what we have to compare ourselves to. I guess I'm just being whiney....my hubby loves who I am, now I have to too :)
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    As listed above, we all have different tastes but many of them are shared by most men to some degree or another.

Here are some of my personal thoughts on the topic:
    After basic physical attraction (which you women generally are tougher critics of yourselves than us men are!), I look for someone that can hold a conversation, isn’t scared to have eye contact when talking, isn’t looking at her Facebook app on her phone while we are talking on a date, has her own opinions and doesn’t need to agree with everything I say. She would have a healthy degree of confidence in herself, be honest, have good communication skills, she would be dependable and not flake out on plans we make. She would be active; I would love to find a woman that would want to work out with me some. She would be supportive of me in return for my support. She would be flexible enough to indulge in desert and another bottle of wine and not be overly obsessed about diet, etc. but still have a relatively healthy lifestyle balanced with some enjoyable pleasures.

I’m interested in a woman that sees herself as my equal, my partner, my best friend with some really awesome benefits. She would be the person that counter-balances me. My advisor when I need advice, she would turn to me for advice because she respects me.

She would have already learned how to be happy on her own and not be dependent of her partner for her happiness and self-worth. She would know that having the right person as a partner enhances and adds a multiplier to your happiness. She would have healthy friendships and not neglect them or expect me to neglect my friendships. By that, she would be understanding and encourage having time apart with friends, or shared time with friends. She would have hobbies and things she likes to do both with me and on her own.

As to your later comment about dating being rough, I totally agree! I’ve been single and dating on and off for about 4.5 years now and in my opinion, it’s much tougher as we get older because we really come into our own and learn who we really are. Many of us learn those major life lessons required to make you grow as a person, learn who you are, and to learn the qualities you need from a partner as well as the things you will not tolerate from them.

I have found that I am happier alone than with the wrong partner and I will never be in an unhealthy relationship again. With that said, I have a much better understanding of the type of partner that I can be in a happy/healthy relationship with now. I think many of us have been thru similar situations in life and can relate to this in some degree.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Does she have one of these in her purse?

carls_memphis.gif
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The thing I love about my wife (and why i married her). She's smart. I mean smarter than me and reasonably so. She is able to carry on a good conversation with me about things. She is funny and likes to joke with me. She likes to rough-house and play around. She is into Scify almost as much as i am. She's a gamer/nerd just like me and we both share a lot of interests. It comes down to everything that makes her herself.
  • byanyothername56
    Options
    I actually read an article in Glamour magazine where they interviewed a bunch of men and a lot of them said that we judge ourselves too harshly on what our bodies look like, that the majority of them think we look just fine and aren't into big fake boobs and skinny as a rail. Found that interesting, you always hear a guy say, "you look fine.." but you just think they are being nice, maybe they're really telling the truth, haha
    this is true, we don't judge you as harsh as you judge yourself. Not even close.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    I actually read an article in Glamour magazine where they interviewed a bunch of men and a lot of them said that we judge ourselves too harshly on what our bodies look like, that the majority of them think we look just fine and aren't into big fake boobs and skinny as a rail. Found that interesting, you always hear a guy say, "you look fine.." but you just think they are being nice, maybe they're really telling the truth, haha

That is very true.

You ladies do tend to crucify yourselves.

We are very simple creatures, and when we look you in the eyes and tell you that you look fine, its our way of saying "I love you NOW GET A F'KN MOVE ON!!!" :laugh:
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    The thing I love about my wife (and why i married her). She's smart. I mean smarter than me and reasonably so. She is able to carry on a good conversation with me about things. She is funny and likes to joke with me. She likes to rough-house and play around. She is into Scify almost as much as i am. She's a gamer/nerd just like me and we both share a lot of interests. It comes down to everything that makes her herself.

You are a very lucky guy.
    I envy you.
    Congrats.
    D.
  • byanyothername56
    Options
    This reminded me of a quote from Sharon Stone who said she would rather undress with a man present than a woman - other women will judge and try to find fault whereas men are just grateful.
  • antizoni1
    Options
    I like women that can be a "tom boy" I dont want you worrying about breaking a nail or worrying about your hair getting wet, I like a woman that can kick back and drink a beer with you and can hang out and shoot pool with the guys.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options

That is very true.

You ladies do tend to crucify yourselves.

We are very simple creatures, and when we look you in the eyes and tell you that you look fine, its our way of saying "I love you NOW GET A F'KN MOVE ON!!!" :laugh:

I love this ^^!!! Thank you for making it so clear to me :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    One would think that in the 116 years of Cosmopolitan Magazin's existence this question would be answered.

Amirite or amirite??
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love to laugh, but do you blame us for being self-conscious sometimes????....look at society & what we have to compare ourselves to...it's just not that easy! We are happy that some of you are "easy" to please though :D
    Thank you for that!

For some of us, that is part of the "test", do you really buy into the media's forced definition of "beauty", or are you confident enough to just accept that you are who you are. Just being yourself and confidence are often very attractive qualities because they affect so much of a person's demeanor.

I’m one of those guys that does not really have a type, per se, when it comes to women. I am more of a package deal kind of guy. I’ve dated tall women, short women, big boobs, small ones, awesome butts, and some on the flat side. I realize we all come in different shapes and sizes, and I have been with women that despite maybe having small boobs or not the greatest hiney, but they were confident and despite those things felt sexy and could accept my compliments.

I can’t speak for all men, but when I give a girl a compliment, I generally mean it. So when they are overly doubtful or fish for them constantly to bolster their lake of confidence it is a big turn off. A good example would be a girl I thought at one point I would marry when I was younger. When she started college, she put on her ‘freshman fifteen’, which I’m not sure, it could have been 20-25 for all I know. She was about 5’9” so she carried it well, but it was a noticeable gain. I didn’t care, because to me, she was still ‘my love’. She was still the person that ‘got me’, made me smile, and was still awesome in the sack….

Ladies, for many of us, beauty is much deeper…..having a good package just gets you thru the first few dates, then after that, the contents of the package come way more into play.

There's the old saying: "No matter how hot she is, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her $h!t."
  • ItsTheBeebs
    Options
    for me...
    standard thing is if she is attractive to me
    I tend to look for the smile (after doing what all men do, and if they say they dont they are lying,check out the bum and boobs)

I like women who can hold a conversation as well as being able to have a good sense of humour and be able to take and gave out some banter.

Hasnt got that then nothing but something good to look at.
    Noone needs just that!
  • kimg68
    Options
    Lot's of good info here guys, keep it coming :) And thanks for taking the time to respond!
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    Although I am not a guy, it seems that being fun, sense of humor, easy going, smart, not clingy, and secure with yourself - and of course take pride in your appearance - isn't it the same for both sexes? And good/fun in the sack.....

Ding ding we got a winner. LOL but yes this is about right.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I measure the crazy by the size of the handbag.
    I like the crazy.

Honesty, sense of self, desire. Love of the world and appreciates my lust for life, adventure and has teeth and tenacity - intellectually, emotionally.

And likes to be feminine. Has her own passions which are not mine. Teaches me something along the way.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

I've heard that bad grammar can be a deal breaker...
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what an *kitten*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimg68
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

I've heard that bad grammar can be a deal breaker...

I guess every message board has one. Looks like the Grammer Police have arrived. Welcome to the party. Now, do you have anything relevent to add?