Does Anyone Here Ever Eat For Pleasure?

Options

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Of course I eat for pleasure!

Food is delicious and something I enjoy. I love cooking and everything about good quality food.

Why eat boring food?
    I eat delicious food and not all the low cal diet garbage people post in the recipes section. I just eat LESS of the food I make.

mmmm. food
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat for pleasure all the time. I absolutely LOVE the food I am eating now. I think that is why I have been so successful. If i was miserable and was eating something that tasted like cardboard, I don't think I would have made it this far.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    For the most part I watch what I eat, but I do indulge sometimes. Like last night I went to Sizzler and didn't even think about what I was eating and enjoyed every bit of it.

If I don't indulge now and then I go crazy and give up completely, which is worse than an occasional indulgence.
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    every time i eat
  • leianno
    Options
    Absolutely! I just have a much smaller amount and less often.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I do eat for pleasure. I enjoy everything I eat. And sometimes it will be something really yummy, and "bad"
  • cdyoung1143
    cdyoung1143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is a big yes for me. If I didn't eat to satisfy my emotions, I would be a size 3. I love food, I think about what the next meal is going to be as soon as I finish eating the meal I am on. Now if I am "on track" so to speak that is planning, but if I am "off the wagon" that means I am thinking about what kind of unhealthy sweet junk food I can get my hands on next. It is a viscious cycle and I struggle every day to break it.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I still get pleasure out of the things I eat now. It is not the same "high" I felt as before but I worked hard to find good foods that I like to eat. The only thing I eat that I do not really enjoy is my morning snack of carrots and celery lol.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Every meal! I just love food, that's how I got here. haha
  • ally1130
    ally1130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, for me keeping track of my calorie consumption is part of my pleasure. It has become rather addictive for me. I enjoy eating, and figuring out what to eat and what is the actual serving size.

I totally agree. I enjoy knowing the nutritional value of everything I eat. It makes me feel good to know what I'm putting in my body. Especially when you think that eating the junk you did before means putting chemicals in your body that can effect your mood, health, skin, etc. Not to mention the fact that you become reliant on them and they change your chemical make-up in a way that causes you to crave them all time. Processed foods STAY AWAY FROM ME. Thank you very much.

**But I do still indulge every once in a while. I must admit I am just as addicted to the next guy when it comes to junk food. I am trying to get better though.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I use to eat for many reasons but now I'm eating everything in moderation. I know that it's unrealistic to say I'll never eat another cookie or have a bowl or ice cream. Soooo I have 2/3 oreo's and not 12/13 like before. I opt for 1 scoop or even frozen yogurt instead. I must admit I do have dreams about Krispy Kreme doughnuts chasing me- LOL. Moderation is key !
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hell, I am Italian we always eat for pleasure. You can cook healthy and still enjoy it. But every once in a while I do love me some fresh gelato or cheesecake...but I do that like once every few months - t hat is my reward. BUT once a week I do have one meal of whatever I want...pizza, hot wings...etc..

That being said I actually enjoy the healthy foods just s muchas the not so healthy ones...I guess when you have been eating healthy for so long you just start to like healtheir foods or find ways to spice them up..
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, do I eat for pleasure. I have to eat, I might as well pick things that make my mouth happy. It just takes a little more planning when you're trying to eat healthy.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How is this not at like page 60 by now? I think most of us got to where we need to use this site because we love to eat for pleasure. Yeah yeah, I know some are here just for maintenance or to bulk...but the majority are looking to cut.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Since restricting calories I eat a lot more for pleasure then before. Most nights I try out some new great tasting recipe for about 500 kcal. Before it'd be a quite healthy meal as well, just nothing fancy. Now I try to make great tasting food every day. So, I eat more often for pleasure than before ;)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I enjoy everything I eat but 95% of the time, it's 1st job is to be fuel. Fuel-food can be amazing too though, i just had a few black raspberries and they were so delicious that i closed my eyes to savor the taste. and omg i found these granola clusters that were lower calorie/carbs than most i have seen, and had a handful of that and mmm soo good!

the other 5% of the time? sure, give me some good "entertainment food". Last week, I ate a half pizza one night. The week before I had a cupcake and some chocolate truffles. I even made those things fit within my calorie goals when averaged with the day before and after. Every few nights, I have a 50 calorie piece of dark chocolate. I plan these indulgences, so it's not on impulse, and I log it all. I recognize that the experience of eating for pleasure is something I will always enjoy, and I can still have that. Just not every day at every meal.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    Pleasure? Eh.. not so much. Boredom, Comfort, and because I just really like how stuff tastes? Yes. I had a rough childhood... drugs and alcohol factored in heavily. I ate alll the time to take my mind off of things... Then in high school I played American Football... I was encouraged to eat all the time and lift weights. Got really strong and was damn good, but then high school ended and the eating habits didn't.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes pleasure but way too much. I am either in total control, loosing weight and hungry. Or eating what it feels like I need, bot obviously don't because I then put on weight. I have never liked fast food as such, but I love feeling full.

For me it is eat what I want and enjoy = fat and therefore unhappy. So I can be happier if I deprive myself of the amount of food I would like to eat. I am 50 and it hasn't got any easier yet.:sad:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Listen, I'd be lying if I said i never ate for pleasure, lol. I'm Italian...it goes with the territory, you know? Difference is now I look at food as something nourishing and not rewarding. Mindset.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    As often as possible! I try to eat the same things I did before but modified so they are healthy!

I also wanted to add that it's kicked me into chef mode. I'm cooking a lot of things now that I never did before and interestingly enough my taste buds are getting snotty. I don't want junk like I used to.