• ajohn252
    Options
    I have a rule that I can eat (within reason of course) anything
    I'm willing to work off. I do allow myself treats but only when
    I can afford them in my cals.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i wish i could go back to eating the way i ate before i started this weight loss thing, but, i would gain back every pound i loss.

do u guys constantly worry abt calories, sodium, carbs, etc in everything u eat?
    I'd say I eat MORE for pleasure now than ever before. Sweets aren't a daily thing, nor steaks, nor anything else delicious I used to eat all the time.

When I eat it now, I savor it, I close my eyes and enjoy, knowing it's a rare opportunity and that I had better enjoy every bite!
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I eat for pleasure almost all the time.

It's how much I eat, that I am learning to control.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want every day, and it's always for pleasure (and half the time for physical need, ha). I just make sure that what I'm eating fits within my calorie limit for that day, and I either schedule my other meals around it, or I wait for another day to indulge. But generally speaking, I don't eat anything that I don't like.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    all the time my mom has to keep me in check at times i go to fridge to get somethign and ses like have u given up totally and half the time i'm like woops
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Every time! I am just learning to watch portions. Food is one of the greatest pleasures of life.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I watch what I eat, and if I want something special, I "earn" the calories for it. Sweat and tears, Baby, Sweat and tears.
    That being said, totally swallowed my guy for pleasure last night. No regrets, I only live once.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one meal a week where I have whatever sounds good. No rules, doesn't matter if it's fried, covered in gravy and sour cream, cheesy...whatever. :)

I still log all those scrumtous calories, of course. ;)

Again....that's ONE meal a week, and it works for me. :smile:
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat it's a pleasure. In fact that's what's helped me most in my effort to lose weight -- I try really hard not to eat anything that isn't worth the calories anymore. If it's not going to be delicious, why bother? Yeah, I don't stick to that 100% of the time, but I try and it's working for me!

Editing to note that it helps that I don't particularly like fried foods in general and that fast food grosses me out. Just lucky that way!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Occasionally yes. But I also really enjoy healthy food that tastes great (I love to cook), so eating cupcakes every day isn't that appealing.
  • Candicaprice
    Options
    Yes, I sure do...and it makes my situation worse off then when I started but my mind tells my heart...but it taste so good.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love food and I love feeling healthy. Put the two together and I make sure that I eat the types of food I really like - blueberries, raw carrots, grape tomatoes, kiwis, strawberries, chicken, pork, etc. This way I am still eating the foods I love. However, I cut back on the junk food and the take-out food. I still have junk food because I wouldn't stick to any type of weight loss plan if I couldn't have a cookie or cake or candy bar from time to time but I dont' eat ice cream every night (I don't need to and shouldn't anyways - I have acid reflux). When I do hit up a fast food joint I try to stick with healhier options i.e. salads (watch dressings), grilled chicken or smaller size portion of what I normally eat. I have found doing this actually helps me to enjoy those naughty little pleasures more instead of taking them for granted - plus I can't eat half as much as I used to.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie and a Taurus so food is defintely about pleasure first - fuel as a close second. It's my definition of pleasure that's changed... I no longer think I have to eat a bunch of junky candy or cookies to be happy, I can have some fruit or a protein bar or some yogurt instead. I still have candy and cookies but as a treat, not as a meal. Also, I no longer think I have to stuff myself full in order to be pleased. It's still tough to stop sometimes when the food is amazing (like the boiled dinner I made last weekend) but I get myself under control and realize it's not worth the discomfort later on.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I totally eat for pleasure, I just don't live to eat anymore! I love to cook, and I make tasty stuff! I generally cook fairly healthy (but not always) and just watch portion size. I am on maintenance so I have a little more room in the calories.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food. Most things I eat are eaten strictly because I enjoy them.
    That said, I really enjoy foods that are clean and healthy. Once I broke myself of the junk food (and Wheat, I can't eat it) I started to enjoy other things.
    I don't worry, but I watch. Mainly I watch out for calories, sodium and protein. The first two i restrict, the last one I need more of.
    If you go back to the way you ate before, you'll never change your tastes. You may find that after 5 months of eating veggies, clean proteins and some light carbs like quinoa, polenta, oats...that you really don't like to eat a whole bag of Cheeto's anymore Cheeto's use to be my downfall. Now i can eat a few and be happy. They taste too salty.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    There are hundreds of delicious foods out there that are healthy. And I get pleasure out of eating them. So I ONLY ever eat for pleasure! If something doesn't taste good, I sure as hell am not going to put in my mouth! Why waste precious calories on something I don't enjoy??
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I totally eat for pleasure, I just don't live to eat anymore! I love to cook, and I make tasty stuff! I generally cook fairly healthy (but not always) and just watch portion size. I am on maintenance so I have a little more room in the calories.

^^This!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I eat for pleasure everyday (and because I have to and I am hungry, lol). Healthy foods do not have to be bland, boring, tasteless foods.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I eat for pleasure all the time! I just choose my pleasures. I most certainly wouldn't eat food I didn't actively enjpy.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't miss the really bad foods like: McDonalds hamburgers and such but stuff I really want to eat, I will. Only in small quantities.

My pleasure is chocolate. I have a Camino Quinoa Chocolate bar everyday.