Yes I AM fat!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I think some people believe that when someone says something derogatory about their appearance, they have to respond by assuring them they're not whatever the person said they are.

I haven't gotten that a lot mainly because I don't discuss my weight but even as heavy as I am, I hear "well you're not that big..." and it does irk me. Not because they backhandedly agreed that I'm the shape of a lumpy overgrown pear but because they still tried to lie or just be nice. Sometimes you don't need "nice", you need honesty.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why do you disrespect yourself by going und telling everyone you're fat?? That's crazy. If you're fat, others do know it. Also, stop complaining about it and use that energy to do something about it.

To op. I don't find it disrespectful, more honest and refreshing

THIS!!!! I call a spade a spade. There is no disrespect,only truth. I am ver blunt and honest and all of my real life friends think it is my best quality. I AM fat. There is nothing disrespectful about admitting that.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    LOL! HOWEVER, when a skinny *kitten* girl says "oh Im fat!' punch her..... okay only kidding, sort of.... I however, have never considered myself fat by any means. chunky maybe but I thought there was a difference... oh how wrong was i.... so when I was told I am fat, and MADE my best friend confirm it for me, oh that wasn't a pretty sight either!

Oh I don't play that game with skinny girls pulling the "oh im so fat -wink wink- tell me Im pretty" game. My typical response is usually, "yeah, you should really start working out!" Shuts 'em up.

And really, when I say something about me weight you don't have to respond, "Yeah ya are, Tub-o!" but a simple nod and move on is fine.

So because someone isn't fat in your eyes you think they must be fishing for compliments and so try to cut them down? Lovely.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The thing is fat is a subjective term used in a social context . There is no scientific measure to being fat, even being obese both in BMI & Body fat doesn't qualify you as being fat.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    LOL! HOWEVER, when a skinny *kitten* girl says "oh Im fat!' punch her..... okay only kidding, sort of.... I however, have never considered myself fat by any means. chunky maybe but I thought there was a difference... oh how wrong was i.... so when I was told I am fat, and MADE my best friend confirm it for me, oh that wasn't a pretty sight either!

Oh I don't play that game with skinny girls pulling the "oh im so fat -wink wink- tell me Im pretty" game. My typical response is usually, "yeah, you should really start working out!" Shuts 'em up.

And really, when I say something about me weight you don't have to respond, "Yeah ya are, Tub-o!" but a simple nod and move on is fine.

So because someone isn't fat in your eyes you think they must be fishing for compliments and so try to cut them down? Lovely.

Yeah, I'm a real frackin' peach that way
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The thing is fat is a subjective term used in a social context . There is no scientific measure to being fat, even being obese both in BMI & Body fat doesn't qualify you as being fat.

That's why it's better to say "jesus man, you're so big you don't need the Internet, you're already world-wide"

Then the ambiguous word "fat" is removed.
  • mamabosha
    Options
    I have been overweight my whole life. I never really FELT fat even though all my family kept reminding me ogf that fact. It was only when i saw my reflection or a picture of me that it would really hit "wow, I'm fat". Doesn't mean i want anyone to either agree or disagree. It was just a reality check for me.

And yes, i really want to smack "skinny" folks when they whine about being fat. My thought is if thats how they feel, al the fat they carry is betwwen their ears or they are really needy for others opinions that they look good. Either case, it's pathetic.
  • david_swinstead
    Options
    when a skinny *kitten* girl says "oh Im fat!' punch her.
    I'll knock him into next week!
    If someone says you are [...] fat [...] they are a b*tch.

NEWS JUST IN: being fat makes you Angry.

Has anyone spoken to ScientificJournal about this?
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    when a skinny *kitten* girl says "oh Im fat!' punch her.
    I'll knock him into next week!
    If someone says you are [...] fat [...] they are a b*tch.

NEWS JUST IN: being fat makes you Angry.

Has anyone spoken to ScientificJournal about this?

Funny - aren't we supposed to be jolly?
  • david_swinstead
    Options
    Jolly rolly fat folk

jolly_fisherman.jpg
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight my whole life. I never really FELT fat even though all my family kept reminding me ogf that fact. It was only when i saw my reflection or a picture of me that it would really hit "wow, I'm fat". Doesn't mean i want anyone to either agree or disagree. It was just a reality check for me.

And yes, i really want to smack "skinny" folks when they whine about being fat. My thought is if thats how they feel, al the fat they carry is betwwen their ears or they are really needy for others opinions that they look good. Either case, it's pathetic.

Just because someone isn't obese doesn't mean they can't feel uncomfortable carrying extra weight to their norm. There will always be daft bints of all sizes whho fish for compliments, but don't assume everyone is fishing just because they subscribe to a different definition of what 'fat' is. We've got our body issues to deal with and belittling people for them is just nasty.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Weight is a very emotive subject. If someone says you are not fat they are a liar and if they agree with you they are a b*tch.

That's right. I'll call myself fat, but let my husband do it... I'll knock him into next week! haha! :wink:

On a more serious note, I have fat on me, but I am not fat. I am Marie. :)

^^THIS.

Weight is like age.. I don't bring it up normally but I am a very direct person so if someone says "hey how old are you / how much do you weigh?" I'll tell them. This is me, some days I would like to be smaller/younger/richer whatever but I don't define myself by my weight and I don't stay long around those that do ;) I'm awesome - your opinion may vary :P
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    When any of my friend say "OH, I am so fat" I say well what the Hell are you going to do about because that cake is Not helping you... now give the cake ummm Yummy cake then I run and eat there cake..hehehehe
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Weight is a very emotive subject. If someone says you are not fat they are a liar and if they agree with you they are a b*tch.

That's right. I'll call myself fat, but let my husband do it... I'll knock him into next week! haha! :wink:

On a more serious note, I have fat on me, but I am not fat. I am Marie. :)

^^THIS.

Weight is like age.. I don't bring it up normally but I am a very direct person so if someone says "hey how old are you / how much do you weigh?" I'll tell them. This is me, some days I would like to be smaller/younger/richer whatever but I don't define myself by my weight and I don't stay long around those that do ;) I'm awesome - your opinion may vary :P

Dude. :happy: Your awesomeness is... well awesome. :bigsmile:
  • *like*

: D
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Just because someone isn't obese doesn't mean they can't feel uncomfortable carrying extra weight to their norm. There will always be daft bints of all sizes whho fish for compliments, but don't assume everyone is fishing just because they subscribe to a different definition of what 'fat' is. We've got our body issues to deal with and belittling people for them is just nasty.

This is pretty true. I have a friend who complains about her belly. She is not fat by any means, but she does have some pudginess in her belly I guess and that makes her uncomfortable. She has always been rail thin... so she doesn't feel like herself anymore. AND I've had someone tell me if they had not KNOWN I used to be 304lbs, they would think I was just naturally this size (which btw is a size 10 and 177lbs... so still pretty overweight for my height since I'm only 5'6"). She assumed at first that I have never struggled with my weight. :) OOOOOH boy have I struggled. LOL :)
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    LOL! HOWEVER, when a skinny *kitten* girl says "oh Im fat!' punch her..... okay only kidding, sort of....
    lol this.

but whenever weight comes up between me and my bff she does the "shut up! you are not!" and it makes my eyebrow twitch. She's heavy too and I think she just doesn't want to admit it yet, maybe she'll feel better after we start walking i n the evenings.

But yeah, anyone else that gives that kind of response really annoys me.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Why do you disrespect yourself by going und telling everyone you're fat?? That's crazy. If you're fat, others do know it. Also, stop complaining about it and use that energy to do something about it.

THIS!!!! I call a spade a spade. There is no disrespect,only truth. I am ver blunt and honest and all of my real life friends think it is my best quality. I AM fat. There is nothing disrespectful about admitting that.

I occasionally say that I am fat, but that is to myself and usually in a fitting room. I don't need someone to confirm it for me. LOL

I must say, Aqua, I can't help but admire your face. You are so beautiful.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

yup. I'm a fat girl. ya know when I started using that word without shame? a few months ago after several people in a short period of time made me feel bad about my weight, in public, in a park where I was walking to try to, ya know, help me get unfat.

They didn't even use that word, but that's what they were talking about. and I felt ashamed.

So now, I take that word and own it. Yes, I'm a fat girl. You can't hurt me by telling me I am fat, I already know it. and I own it.

I hope, in the next few months, to evolve into chubby girl. that will be a victory! and maybe, if I work really hard, I will eventually make it to healthy girl. and I will own those titles too.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I def. think "fat" is subjective. Personally, I still consider myself "fat" because I am not what I consider "skinny" or "thin" while other people like my gf probably wouldnt consider me to be chubby or fat or any of that. I understand the driving you crazy part. When I was larger my gf used to tell me I wasnt fat... and now that ive lost weight she says "look at where you were and where you are" so to me it was like she used to think I was big. AND we all see ourselves differently than others may. When I was bigger I thought I was thinner than I was and now that I am smaller I think I am bigger than I am. Depending on how your friend sees you they may feel self conscious if you think you are fat and they are around your size etc.