why breakfast is the worst meal of the day

Options
http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

Even this morning, I saw a another post saying that eating breakfast is almost mandatory for a healthy weight loss plan.

Before you tell someone this again, please read the above link. It is a lot of information to absorb, but well worth your time.

If you still want to have breakfast, go ahead, it wont hurt you, but not having breakfast just might help you reach your goals.

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I keep considering this, I think I just have it hammered in my head how important a good breakfast is.

Anyone else do this skipping / delaying breakfast and get good results? Is it good for someone trying to lose a fair bit of weight? (about 35lb more to go)
  • MamaMia07
    Options
    The blog no longer exists :S
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I keep considering this, I think I just have it hammered in my head how important a good breakfast is.

Anyone else do this skipping / delaying breakfast and get good results? Is it good for someone trying to lose a fair bit of weight? (about 35lb more to go)

yes, I do it. The hunger is no big deal in the morning. I have coffee and water only in the a.m. I workout fasted. Try it. Its really nice to have all your calories still available later in the day too.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Yum, yum, love me some breakfast!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    The blog no longer exists :S

the entire article is right there if you just type in leangains.com
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm the healthiest I have ever been, and I eat breakfast everyday. As well as losing all my pregnancy weight, and being only 6 pounds from my goal. I guess everyone is different
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

$100 bucks says you didnt even look at the article
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Blog is back up. Interesting...but to each his own.

I love my breakfast. But I eat right and do not load up on sugars. The hard part is to keep sodium at OK levels for me.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Its really nice to have all your calories still available later in the day too.

This is the biggie for me. I'm not hungry in the morning so why should I force myself to eat calories I'll get far more enjoyment out of later in the day?
  • kimbuckewow
    kimbuckewow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you have to be very careful if you have any blood sugar issues. Hypoglycemia and such. Headaches, irritability or shakes when over hungry are all signed. There are plenty of theories out there about just having fruit in the am? Again, not if you have blood sugar issues. -- every BODY is unique
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    He didn't say "breakfast is bad" he said before you tell someone they HAVE to eat breakfast to lose weight...read the article.

Leangains is followed by many on here, it works... so does eating breakfast.... it all depends on the results you are looking for and if you can handle fasting till noon or not.

It's not a matter of eating breakfast or not....it's a matter of telling someone that they HAVE to do something to lose weight... it's absolutely not true.
  • mlgoodale
    Options

$100 bucks says you didnt even look at the article

probably wouldn't change the fact she still loves her breakfast...
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    I hardly ever eat breakfast. I found that I felt like I was starving at noon when I eat breakfast. And to top that off, I am just not hungry in the mornings.

I am about 2 months in to this diet and exercise thing. but I have seen fairly good results.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I stop eating at 6pm and my first meal tends to be around midday, that's when I feel hungry so that's when I eat.

Since going low carb I find it easier to factor in some 'psuedo fasting' (I have coffee and heavy cream in the morning so it's not a real fast).

When I eat I eat well though ...

Not to say breakfast is bad for others, it just doesn't fit with me at the moment.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't generally eat for 2-4 hours after I wake up. Most days that actually translates into me eating a meal during breakfast hours. I wake up, work out, get myself and the kids ready for school/work, and eat either before I leave the house or sometime after I get to work.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Love my breakfast and I'm diabetic, not no article taking me away from my most important meal of the day :happy:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Its really nice to have all your calories still available later in the day too.

This is the biggie for me. I'm not hungry in the morning so why should I force myself to eat calories I'll get far more enjoyment out of later in the day?

I agree with this for lots of people. I feel they overindulge at dinner, or in the late, late evening. Or 'snacking' before bed.

I eat oatmeal religiously for the same reasons. I even say a prayer for my oats.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    He didn't say "breakfast is bad" he said before you tell someone they HAVE to eat breakfast to lose weight...read the article.

thank you
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have done it both ways and lost both ways, so I think whatever works for you.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 3 without trying, I never ate breakfast. I rarely eat it now. I'm just not hungry in the morning.