Sixers: The Resolution Revolution WK 2

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning....

i have a HUGE back hoe in my driveway this morning.........they better not drive in the back yard over my septic tank. already told the owner where it was and the guy who dropped it off last night. i won't pay for that damage.

off the gym to run off some anger

later....
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Cathy- Sorry to hear about the trouble so early in the morning. However, You are going to the gym to blow of steam. YAY!!!

Well ladies, though I will never ever claim to be a morning person. I, Tammara Bell, actually got up this morning and did .... Taebo for 45 mins and I cooked breakfast.

YAY YAY YAY!!!! Well, I gotta get in the shower. Off to work w/ a smile and a workout

Take care,

Tamm
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Cathy- Sorry to hear about the trouble so early in the morning. However, You are going to the gym to blow of steam. YAY!!!

Well ladies, though I will never ever claim to be a morning person. I, Tammara Bell, actually got up this morning and did .... Taebo for 45 mins and I cooked breakfast.

YAY YAY YAY!!!! Well, I gotta get in the shower. Off to work w/ a smile and a workout

Take care,

Tamm

Oh Tamm, I am sooooo proud of you! You will see that you will feel more alive today because of it!!! Still waiting for the maple fudge recipe or is it a coveted one??? LOL Smile and the world smiles back!!!! verda
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Well...last night was bad for me. I ran around doing some Christmas shopping after work, then came home late (around 7pm) and my husband picked up fast food....HORRIBLE!! And I definitely am feeling the effects this morning...WAY bloated! Blah! Oh well...it happens. Tonight is our work Christmas party (they're buying us pizza and beer...since I don't like beer it will just be pizza...so another bad night). But I'm eating light today during the day.

ANYways...I gotta get started on some work, but I'll check back later! Have a great morning!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    morning....

i have a HUGE back hoe in my driveway this morning.........they better not drive in the back yard over my septic tank. already told the owner where it was and the guy who dropped it off last night. i won't pay for that damage.

off the gym to run off some anger

later....
    Good job for going to go run off the anger!! I have done that LOT'S of times and it truly works! Think on the positive side: the backhoe is one step closer for the "boys" getting to their job!!! It is soo blasted cold here in Montana that I am sure their are other people going through busted pipes,frozen up vehicles etc; etc; ! Life is just not fun some days! Hang in there sweetie, you're gonna get your roof and to your goal!! May your day be brighter!
    Verda
  • chipper15173
    Options
    back and they had just got here to begin work. WOW they are just busy little beavers today. so far back hoe is just in the front. i told them again about it and they said they would avoid it. whatever. i am saying anything anymore. they didn't lay down tarps so there is crap all over and nails. just get it done please.

i was really pushing heavy weight at one machine with my legs and a just giving it all i had. trainer came up to me and said i was using too much weight and that i needed to slow down. i said i was burning off some anger, he said oh, ok, than go ahead, but be careful and than when you feel better lower the weight and slow down. so i did, and that made me feel better.

great job tamm. let us know if it made a difference in your day. it does mine. i than don't have to worry about it, and if something comes up its done.

thanks guys for the "it'll be ok talks" i know it will be. i sure you hope you warm up verda. i don't know if i could deal with that cold. but, i guess you do, if you have to. stay warm.

well, off to do daily chores.

later
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ain't no one around?????

the back of the house is done. i went around when they left and did a better job of picking up. i am just picky. needed the bending over exercise anyway. just sat and ate all afternoon. don't know what happened. back at it.

later
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey Sixers!

Cathy sorry to hear about your troubles! I have had THE roughest 2 weeks. I'm basically working for a *****. and though I respect her intelligence I do not respect people who rule by intimidation. End of Story. And To make matters worse, it the beginning of my TOM and I cried many many tears :cry: on the way home just because I' feel like I'm at my wits ends and having a hard time remaining positive... but I KNOW I only have 2 days until christmas break. :-:explode: I don't vent here very often but guys.... I NEED a break, some relief, a bright light... something.

On the good side, I got a free healthy lunch today which probably was a gift from God seeing that I ran out the house this a.m. with no food/ no money. :noway: Maybe it's the long hours... maybe it's waking up at 4 a.m every morning... All I know is I need a hug. And to go missing for 2 days til it's the weekend! :laugh: But I know I can't. And tomorrow I will go to work w a good attitude. I won't be defeated and life goes on, I know. :ohwell:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hey Sixers!

Cathy sorry to hear about your troubles! I have had THE roughest 2 weeks. I'm basically working for a *****. and though I respect her intelligence I do not respect people who rule by intimidation. End of Story. And To make matters worse, it the beginning of my TOM and I cried many many tears :cry: on the way home just because I' feel like I'm at my wits ends and having a hard time remaining positive... but I KNOW I only have 2 days until christmas break. :-:explode: I don't vent here very often but guys.... I NEED a break, some relief, a bright light... something.

On the good side, I got a free healthy lunch today which probably was a gift from God seeing that I ran out the house this a.m. with no food/ no money. :noway: Maybe it's the long hours... maybe it's waking up at 4 a.m every morning... All I know is I need a hug. And to go missing for 2 days til it's the weekend! :laugh: But I know I can't. And tomorrow I will go to work w a good attitude. I won't be defeated and life goes on, I know. :ohwell:
    Hey sweetie I am so sorry life is crapping on you!!! It is good to cry and you have every right!! I am sennding you a BIG squeeze, chin up, hang in, you only have TWO more days!!!!
    Verda
  • drtamm
    Options
    Verda- I some how overlooked you wanting this recipe. Its simple and easy to make!!!

Maple Nut Fudge

Makes 36 pieces
    Prep: 10 mins
    Cook: 20 mins

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups maple syrup
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    2/3 cup heavy cream or 1 can evaporated milk (5 oz) * I used the milk ... I felt like it was HEALTHIER... LOL.. I know
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup chopped walnuts

Steps:
    1. Line a 8- inch square baking pan with nonstick foil. Coat foil w/ nonstick cooking spray
    2. Combine syrup,sugar,milk and salt in a medium size saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium high heat, stirring. Once boiling, cook for 7 to 8 mins. (Or if you have a candy thermometer 238 degrees)
    3. Remove pan from heat; with an electric mixer, beat in butter and vanilla. Continue to beat on HIGH for 8 to 9 mins, or until thickened, light in color and fudge losses its gloss. (here I just followed the time) Stir in nuts and spread into prepared pan. Let stand until firm, about 25 mins. Cut into squares..... ( I let mine firm about an hr)

Hope its wonderful for you!!! It taste wonderful
  • drtamm
    Options
    To my lovely and only sister Tiffani!!!!!

You make me proud. I know you had a HORRIBLE day and I used to have them too. But, I know you are very capable of moving past her stupidity and even FORGIVING her unhappiness for her own life. I know when you finish school, you will never be that kind of doctor, never rude and never insensitive. You have the ability to prove to the world, that not everyone or doctor for that matter has a God complex. You are human, thanks to Mom's great nuturing. We will do what's right for anyone, everyday.

I love ya and I will come a beat her up if you like!!!

Tamm
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ok, so I feel like a heel! I didn't find week 2 until just now! I thought everyone just abandoned the challenge! I will have to weigh in next week!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

tiff.....(((((HUGS))))) you will be a GREAT doctor no matter what. as long as you know you are doing right, than that's all that can asked of you. remember you always have God to talk to anytime or day. he's there and listens. just 2 days.
    tamm....how did your day go after doing a morning workout?
    nicole....no worries. doesn't seem like many of us are around the challenge. i am sure after the holidays it will re-blossom.

roofers back again today. let's see how far they get. rain for tomorrow, so probably won't see them again until next week. now that will make me mad if i have to have this crap in my yard on Christmas. i am having everyone here for brunch. we don't do Christmas dinner. my family growing up always did a big brunch. so that's what we do. my sends us a ham every year, so DH and i do a small Christmas eve dinner and use the left overs for the brunch the next day.

well, off to get in some sort of exercise. haven't decided yet what i am doing today. maybe watp.

later
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey gals! Yeah...seems like there are fewer this challenge. But that's okay. I'm so hoping to get to the gym tonight! It will be the first time this week. We had our work Christmas party last night and ate pizza...I feel SO bloated today! But my husband made some garlic lime porkchops that are going to be for dinner tonight...YUM! And I'll just add some veggie and probably some rice. Next week I am going to make sure to get to BodyPump class twice. I haven't been back again since last week...and I felt SO good afterwards that I am craving that feeling again! SO...no excuses next week...Monday and Wednesday evening...doesn't conflict with any Christmas plans! I WILL do it!

Well...need to get started on some work. Have a great morning!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's who has checked in this week...

Verda(vhuber),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS +1 lb
    AmyLou (amylou24)...........SW 152.2 lbs / GW 147.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS - 3.2 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)................SW 190.5 lbs/ GW 185.0 lbs/ CW 187.5 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Melanie(mello) ...................SW 288.0 lbs / GW 273.0 lbs / CW 285.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising)...SW 153.4 lbs / GW 148.0 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0.0 lb
    Maggie (magglett) .............SW 175.0 lbs / GW 170.0 lbs / CW 177.5 lbs / PROGRESS +2.5 lbs
    Kelly(redneckwoman).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 151.0 lbs / CW 157.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0.0lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)...........SW 194.5 lbs / GW 190.0 lbs / CW 196.0 lbs / PROGRESS + 1.5 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 146.4 lbs / GW 135.0 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs TOM not weighing
    Lorna (iftcheiaf)...................SW 142.2 lbs / GW 137.2 lbs / CW 142.2.6 lbs / PROGRESS -0.2 lbs

And the few that said they still will...

Nicole (nicolee516)............SW 172.4 lbs / GW 168.0 lbs / CW 172.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Alison (ali258).....................SW 225.5 lbs / GW 215.5 lbs / CW 225.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 150.# (something that I can't remember). Almost a 3lb drop. I'm glad. I've been working on eating better.

State required custody mediation in a half hour. Y'all think of me, please. Although nothing HAS to come of this-- we can both show up, check in, and immediately leave without speaking -- I'm still nervous. We are talking about custody of my 4 year old baby girl. No way I can avoid being nervous. It's my baby we are talking about!! I watched home movies of her last night and started crying at certain points. Once upon a time, I would have never dreamed I'd end up here. Plus, I did the 'mommy thing', missing my infant (although I have her on film crying an awful lot, which made me remember why I like toddlers better than infants :laugh:). Anyhow, y'all think of me in the next hour or two, please.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I weighed in at 150.# (something that I can't remember). Almost a 3lb drop. I'm glad. I've been working on eating better.

State required custody mediation in a half hour. Y'all think of me, please. Although nothing HAS to come of this-- we can both show up, check in, and immediately leave without speaking -- I'm still nervous. We are talking about custody of my 4 year old baby girl. No way I can avoid being nervous. It's my baby we are talking about!! I watched home movies of her last night and started crying at certain points. Once upon a time, I would have never dreamed I'd end up here. Plus, I did the 'mommy thing', missing my infant (although I have her on film crying an awful lot, which made me remember why I like toddlers better than infants :laugh:). Anyhow, y'all think of me in the next hour or two, please.
    OHHH I cry for you !!! I can only imagine how you feel and it breaks my heart!!! I have said prayers for you and will be holding you in my heart through out my day !! Hang in there sweetie!!!
    Verda
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options

Just be willing to think of solutions, and be open to listening and hope and pray that your ex is doing the same. Mediation can do wonderful things, if you've got a good mediator and both people involved want to work something out. There are so many more options in mediation that what a judge can order, so I'm really hoping that both of you are in a good place mentally to get some productive work done today. It's really empowering to decide what you want your visitation schedules to look like, instead of having a judge (who knows your case, but doesn't know every detail of your life) do the deciding for you. GOOD LUCK! I will send good mediation vibes your way!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I think after having a salt fest all Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm just going to get back on the food logging train, drink a ton of water, and weigh in next Tuesday. I'm not usually afraid of the scale, and I ate okay, but I really don't want to see that I gained 4 or 5 lbs. I already know I had two fast food grilled chicken sandwiches, a fast food soup, and (gasp!) even fast food fries. I called it "my trip to McDonald's for the next few years" since we're really just not big on that type of fast food. We do a lot more Salsarita's.Moe's and local pizza joints.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Cathy(chipper)....................SW 240.4 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 242.6 lbs / PROGRESS +2.2 lb
    Verda(vhuber),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS +1 lb
    AmyLou (amylou24)...........SW 152.2 lbs / GW 147.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS - 3.2 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)................SW 190.5 lbs/ GW 185.0 lbs/ CW 187.5 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Melanie(mello) ...................SW 288.0 lbs / GW 273.0 lbs / CW 285.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising)...SW 153.4 lbs / GW 148.0 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0.0 lb
    Maggie (magglett) .............SW 175.0 lbs / GW 170.0 lbs / CW 177.5 lbs / PROGRESS +2.5 lbs
    Kelly(redneckwoman).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 151.0 lbs / CW 157.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0.0lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)...........SW 194.5 lbs / GW 190.0 lbs / CW 196.0 lbs / PROGRESS + 1.5 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 146.4 lbs / GW 135.0 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs TOM not weighing
    Lorna (iftcheiaf)...................SW 142.2 lbs / GW 137.2 lbs / CW 142.2.6 lbs / PROGRESS -0.2 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)..........SW 218.0 lbs / GW 209.0 lbs / CW 218.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs

T (datenshi) ........................SW 192.8 lbs / GW 181.0 lbs / CW 192.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Alison (ali258).....................SW 225.5 lbs / GW 215.5 lbs / CW 225.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lb
    Rhonda (rmchan)...............SW 189.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 189.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Nicole (nicolee516)............SW 172.4 lbs / GW 168.0 lbs / CW 172.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (amypyr) ......................SW 156.0 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 156.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Niky (niky1215)....................SW 162.0 Ibs/ GW 155.0 Ibs/ CW 162.0 Ilbs/PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 197.0 lbs/ GW 189.00 lbs/ CW 197.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)...........SW 152.2 lbs / GW 147.0 lbs / CW 152.2 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)... SW 142.0 lbs / GW 135.0 lbs / CW 138.6 lbs / PROGRESS - 0lbs
    Margaret (elephantmeg) ..SW 128.0 lbs / GW 123.0 lbs / CW 125. lbs / PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Tammy (TERVIN) ...............SW 241.0 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 236.0 lbs / PROGRESS -5 lbs
    Susan (slightingscale).......SW 158.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 153.2 lbs / PROGRESS -5.6 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)... SW 142.0 lbs / GW 135.0 lbs / CW 139.0 lbs / PROGRESS - 3lbs
    Margaret (elephantmeg) ..SW 128.0 lbs / GW 123.0 lbs / CW 124.5 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5 lbs
    B (Its_B)................................SW 220.0 lbs / GW 180.0 lbs / CW 204.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    Erin(gogoleaner).................SW 161.0 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 159.8 lbs / PROGRESS -1.2 lbs
    Jessica (raincloud)............SW 222.0 lbs / GW 210.0 lbs / CW 218.8 lbs / PROGRESS -3.2 lbs
    Nicole(Colie) ......................SW 212.0 lbs / GW 200.0 lbs / CW 206.0 lbs / PROGRESS -6 lbs
    Jenn (fairy28).......................SW 212.0 lbs / GW 200.0 lbs / CW 211.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0 lbs
    Sandy ...................................SW 234.5 lbs / GW 225.0 lbs / CW 234.5 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Patti (pattitricia85)...............SW 150.0 lbs / GW 144.0 lbs / CW 145.0 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0 lbs
    Jenn (fairy28).......................SW 212.0 lbs / GW 200.0 lbs / CW 211.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2 lb
    Shanell (nellienell12) .......SW 220.0 lbs / GW 215.0 lbs / CW 219.5 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Marci (mdogg09)................SW 305.0 lbs / GW 263.0 lbs / CW 274.0 lbs / PROGRESS -1 lb
    Tami (tigersgirl)..................SW 231.0 lbs / GW 215.0 lbs / CW 231.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Brady(bradybrookes).........SW 185.0 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 185.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lb

Sorry - I've been MIA. I had finals and my mom is in town. Busy busy - but it looks like we are all busy this time of year. We are heading out to CA on Monday to visit family and then heading back home to NV Christmas Eve morning. So much to do. Looks like my weight stayed the same this week (surprising!). I will try to check in later to do personals. Can't wait til 12/26 so things can slow down a little. Have a great day!!