Why, thank you Bob Evan's....

Options

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I think the more important question here is what fast food place offers the best french fries. My choice will always be Mickey D's.

I agree.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh man, now I want one of their Royal burgers.

Egg on a burger? Genius!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    People want salt, sugar & fat. And they want it fast. It's simple.

When we care about our health... we'll cook something healthy at home, or go to a restaurant that serves healthier foods.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think the more important question here is what fast food place offers the best french fries. My choice will always be Mickey D's.

I think I'm the odd one here that don't like those crunchy fries. For some reason they got odd taste to it. I prefer the fries at cook at my home or from the local diner that make them out of fresh potatos rather than frozen, chemical'd out bags.

However, last time I was at Wendy's I liked their new sea salted fries. Might have been that I was just a victim to mass marketing :(
  • JenKillough
    Options

I found my youngest cat at a McDonald's drive thru. I swear she was there for the fries.
  • careyannal
    Options
    I just saw a commercial for UNLIMITED PASTA BOWL at Olive Garden. People actually get seconds?? They're servings are HUGE! Not to mention the unlimited salad and breadsticks.

It just struck me as completely over the top and unnecessary.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just bought the "Eat This Not That" book. And there is a section of Top 20 Worst Foods in America from restaurants. It is astonishing how awful the foods are. Many meals were around 2,000- 3,000 (heck a Coldstone Creamery PB&C milkshake is over 2,000 calories!.. equivalent to 12 Twix Bars). The #1 was something that would seem fairly harmless-- Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta. 2,727 calories and equivalent to 6 McDonald's Quarter Pounders. (Whereas their Grilled Mahi Mahi is only 237 cals)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    IMO, I think a bigger contribution to America's obesity problem is the lack of education the masses seem to have on nutrition. I am pushing 30 years old, and am JUST STARTING to get it. And I ask myself WHY? I was never a stupid kid, and got ok grades: why have I never grasped the concepts of calorie deficits/exercise? Because nobody ever taught me, and I had to gain a ridiculous amount of weight before I learned it the hard way!

Instead of forcing middle and high schoolers to get pelted with dodgeballs in P.E., why not educate them on nutrition? Have them be aware of how many calories are in a greasy McFatFat, and offer healthier alternatives? Maybe do a semester on learning how to cook simple, healthy meals?

Oh my - yes please! How much better would it be to teach these important concepts in PE instead of just telling the kids to run laps?

Phy Ed is Phy Ed.....Did no one have HEALTH in Middle or High school. That's where we covered nutrition. Always the school's fault though, never at home....
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The OP is talking about social responsibility that corporations should have to some extent; this goes beyond harmful, fattening food, and it includes things like the environment (i.e. pollution) and socioeconomic (i.e. child labor) concerns. Health of consumers should be considered by corporations as a duty of social responsibility; for example consider tobacco, alcohol, and fast food chains. Sure, no one forces you to chain smoke and down a pound of french fries, but companies should assume some part of the responsibility in their offerings.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I see this thread went totally in the wrong direction......lol

^^Agreed. It's like I slapped someone in the face and told them they had to now go to Bob Evan's and eat all those fries because they read my post.

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous some restaurants are to get business. There's nothing wrong with the statement I made. If you think it's a wise decision of any restaurant (Bob Evan's or others) to offer anything like this, then good for you. I can speak my opinion, and I think it's terrible way to get business. I don't need lecturing that a restaurant is a business, blah, blah, bullsh!t. I know how businesses work, I am a marketing person. The fact that people on a FITNESS website jump down someone's throat about pointing out something incredibly unhealthy is ridiculous as well.

Good grief, people. Go have a protein shake and calm yourselves down :drinker:
  • RGv2
    Options
    The OP is talking about social responsibility that corporations should have to some extent; this goes beyond harmful, fattening food, and it includes things like the environment (i.e. pollution) and socioeconomic (i.e. child labor) concerns. Health of consumers should be considered by corporations as a duty of social responsibility; for example consider tobacco, alcohol, and fast food chains. Sure, no one forces you to chain smoke and down a pound of french fries, but companies should assume some part of the responsibility in their offerings.

Why? I can get away with going somewhere having 2 beers, a burger, and 2 orders of fries and not hurt my health. I do it once a month or so. Big deal.

People need to take responsibility for themselves.
  • RGv2
    Options
    I see this thread went totally in the wrong direction......lol

^^Agreed. It's like I slapped someone in the face and told them they had to now go to Bob Evan's and eat all those fries because they read my post.

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous some restaurants are to get business. There's nothing wrong with the statement I made. If you think it's a wise decision of any restaurant (Bob Evan's or others) to offer anything like this, then good for you. I can speak my opinion, and I think it's terrible way to get business. I don't need lecturing that a restaurant is a business, blah, blah, bullsh!t. I know how businesses work, I am a marketing person. The fact that people on a FITNESS website jump down someone's throat about pointing out something incredibly unhealthy is ridiculous as well.

Good grief, people. Go have a protein shake and calm yourselves down :drinker:

It's a fitness website, but I don't think it's that rediculous. I'll go to Ruby Tuesday and easily eat 2 servings of their endless fries with my meal. Not that big of deal......
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

No one (person, corporation, or government) should have to take responsibility for the actions of adults.
  • JenKillough
    Options

Wow... do corporations actually have or show social responsibility?
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

No one (person, corporation, or government) should have to take responsibility for the actions of adults.

Yeah? :huh:
  • ctdeanks
    ctdeanks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank Bob Evans for the TASTY turkey sausage breakfast patties I discovered yesterday :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Oh man, now I want one of their Royal burgers.

Egg on a burger? Genius!
    ::::gasps:::::: omg i want it!!
  • sistergoddess
    Options

The wasted food is what really bothers me the most.

me too, I've always been bothered by what goes to waste at restaurants when people on the streets are starving
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    At least they do offer healthier choices. Deaf ears no. People have to be responsible for their own choices. We leave in an age of blame blame blame. What ever happened to personal responsibility?

^ So nicely worded... I would have done it in many more sentences. But it's true... Bob Evans offers many healthy choices, and many unhealthy choices. Some people care about their fitness, and will order the healthier choice. Some people don't care, gave up, whatever their reason, and want the endless fries. Or maybe it's just a special treat for a once in a life time thing.

Regardless, so what if Bob Evans offers it? That's THEIR choice. As for those who order, that's THEIR choice too. The country is in a weight epidemic because people continue to buy the food that is cheap and convenient. If they took it away, more people would be upset then happy, also, then the country would be making the choices FOR people. Which again, will be taken badly. To keep people happy, they have to let every one make their own choice even if it's as dumb as diet coke with a big mac. So where someone chose to eat those fries and not a side salad, that does NOT mean Bob Evans is terrible for offering it. The person is either uneducated, or it's what they wanted. They made the choice, the restaurant did not force them to. I chose to be healthy, but that doesn't mean I have the right to judge some one else's life, nor they have the right to judge mine. It's just common courtesy to let them make their own choice and trust they made the right one.

Besides... there's much worse out there, look at all you can eat buffets. For some it's a nice chance to get a change up on food, for others, it's gorge yourself till you can't walk out the door. You can't blame the restaurant for the person over stuffing their self. THEY should have known their own limit and should be responsible for it.

It's not that your message is falling on deaf ears... it's that people are pointing out a point of view you don't want to hear or don't agree with because it didn't fall on your exact point.
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "Instead of forcing middle and high schoolers to get pelted with dodgeballs in P.E., why not educate them on nutrition? Have them be aware of how many calories are in a greasy McFatFat, and offer healthier alternatives? Maybe do a semester on learning how to cook simple, healthy meals?"
    [/quote]

^^^^This would be awesome!! Start teaching them about healthy eating while they're young and perhaps they will make better food choices as adults (keyword being *perhaps*). Show them how many pounds they could gain by eating a burger and AYCE fries every day, once a week, or whatever versus a healthy version and serving size.