Options
    I'm agnositc.
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    Agnostic :P
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    agnostic here... According to my family, I am just confused. Yeah the one who doesn't believe in mythical creatures is the odd one.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of curious about the few Wiccans posting here. I'm not trying to be obtuse but did I miss something? Is there a kinship or link between atheists and Wiccans?

I'm honestly confused because I find Wicca and theism to be equally illogical.

Can anyone explain?
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I don't know what the hell I am, honestly. I'm open to belief, but on my own terms - no one's gonna dictate what's "morally and spiritually acceptable" for me but me. So, yep. :) Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    "I believe in science" I totally wish my Nacho Libre accent could come across in that line :)
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Atheist/Humanist. Objective morals exist outside the influence of religion. I respect the freedom for people to decide for themselves what they believe.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    "I believe in science" I totally wish my Nacho Libre accent could come across in that line :)

FTMFW!!! haha
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    Isn't the choice to reject god, kind of like admitting there is one? I don't get the whole atheism thing I guess..I don't care either..so don't reply to explain. hehe

I'm explaining anyway. Atheism rejects the concept of there being a God, not at all like KNOWING there is a God and rejecting God anyway. Atheism doesn't think there's a God/higher power to begin with.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what "In Before the Lock" meant. I guess I'm some kind of n00b. :)

Awww aren't you cute.

I'm blinded by science! (if you don't get the reference, it's going to sound very silly)

Now I have that song stuck in my head, thanks.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    <---former Catholic turned Heathen Non-believer. My parents are deeply religious in a very intelligent way, so I have a great deal of respect when it comes to the faithful.

I do not believe I have to pray to an old man in a rocking chair in the clouds in order to lose weight. I do not like seeing people out there saying that you MUST have faith to accomplish this or that, but I believe in spirituality and its aid to the whole life-revision process. I think it's a huge part of having faith in yourself and your abilities (whatever that means to YOU), even those that you can't see yet. Some people get really hung up on themselves either for their religious identification or lack there of, but really we all are just people. Just a bunch of frogs trying to cross the pond.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could try to love and support the people around us regardless of whether their beliefs line up with our own? I may not build my life around a 2,000 year old book, but I see that good people put good out there and in turn they get good back. Call it Karma, call it deeds, call it just being a nice person. I'm just trying to put the good out there.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Atheist/Humanist. Objective morals exist outside the influence of religion. I respect the freedom for people to decide for themselves what they believe.

Well said. This is what a lot if people need to understand.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Atheist, raised Roman Catholic until I was old enough to voice my opinion.
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    Isn't the choice to reject god, kind of like admitting there is one? I don't get the whole atheism thing I guess..I don't care either..so don't reply to explain. hehe

Yeah I know you don't care but..

Atheists believe there isn't a god. They don't reject Him since you can't reject something that doesn't exist.

The idea is that the people who believe in God are simply wrong.

Agnosics believe that it is impossible to know if God exists or not.
  • pslewis1
    pslewis1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to count my self as an atheist believing that rationality surely discounts any type of higher being or guiding force in life, (and if we discount one religion we have to discount them all surely. Paganism, wicca etal). However I just cannot bring myself to do it. I think as humans we are all seeking, striving after even, something more than the tangible and the measurable, love for instance is hardly accurately measurably.
    I suppose I count my self as an agnostic but always bear in mind Shakespeare.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    100 percent atheist
  • siriusalien
    Options
    I am a Gnostic
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    atheist all the way! :)
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies feel free to add, atheist here
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of occasions where I have called out "oh God, Oh God yes!" and usually someone was on their nknees worshipping, but it had little to do with religion.

I consider myself an atheist, my wife is agnostic
This discussion has been closed.