Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It was hard to keep my shirt tucked in at work today. I'd stretch my arms over my head and out popped the polo shirt. When I started MFP back in January I was squeezing into 40 waist pants. Now the 36s I wear are loose and I am hitting the last hole on the new set of belts I bought over the summer.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I feel taller! how the heck is that possible. It's almost as if someone pulled me straight up and others have started to take notice at that.

Lol, as a short person, I hope this is true for me, too! I used to be 5'2'' but then the doctor took that away from me when she remeasured me as 5'1.75... I want that .25" back! Good posture will be easier when there's not so much weight on my back.
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bumping for later, I have to go to bed
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Women actually talk to me. And they like me ALOT.

It freaks me out. But at the same time it's awesome.
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My mom has stopped making passive aggressive comments about my weight.

YES. Exactly. That's my biggest motivation, sadly enough.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I cannot seem to keep a napkin on my lap. That tummy was awful handy for tucking a napkin under while I was eating.

That's funny!! Well done you!!
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can now stand nearer to my kitchen worktop which means I can close my kitchen window as I can now reach the catch without having to go outside and push it shut first. :bigsmile: Being only 4 ft 10 and a bit, that was a really big deal to me :smile:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This dangly thing between my legs and 20, yes, I counted them, 20 protuberant objects at the bottom of my legs. What are those things?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have ribs! And abs!!!
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Someone told me they were feet with toes :noway: but I think they are lying, dont know about the dangly thing though :bigsmile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    It hurts sometimes when doing a hip & shoulder (footy). I don't have any padding anymore & I can feel it in the ribs. Also if I bump into things on my side it really digs into me. 33 kg heavier I had safety padding
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Someone told me they were feet with toes :noway: but I think they are lying, dont know about the dangly thing though :bigsmile:

TWENTY toes? Gosh.

My ribcage has lost its padding and jolts against my elbow when I'm lazing around in bed. Feels weird.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I was becomeing a little demotivated but im going cycling now
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sex is better now
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My thighs are shaping, and my muscle is sticking out a bit when I stand up. It is weird, like the fat around that area has shifted.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 15 kg (33lb) and one shoe size.
    It never crossed my mind that this would happen and I'm surprised how much my feet have shrunk. I see others have replied with similar experiences so I guess it is normal.
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have gained a really strange excessive confidence and pride in my body that was completely unexpected this early on. I even wore a BIKINI to the beach. ! When I absolutely know I probably shouldn't just yet. hahah I didn't care, though, because I'm already looking so much better than I was. I couldn't help myself, I was just overcome! :D
  • ejha77
    Options
    I've never been very overweight, but I have lost quite a lot of weight recently. It's kind of sad and kind of funny I suppose, but people (mostly men) are much nicer to me now, and more attentive. The shallowness is a bit hard to take.
  • alzaman5925
    alzaman5925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My wrist watch now spins around my wrist very loosely, despite my using the very last hole. I'm going to have to poke a new hole into the strap soon. It's funny because my wrists have always been the skinniest part of me... I don't know I even had any fat to lose from there!
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cannot seem to keep a napkin on my lap. That tummy was awful handy for tucking a napkin under while I was eating.

This made me laugh so hard! My sister and I always say that our tummies are like third hands to help out with stuff. I deliver newspapers and regularly use my stomach to hold the door of the racks open. Can't wait for the day when I won't be able to do that anymore!