Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Not funny as such but made me laugh. My Mum gave me a pair of her old trousers in what she thought was my regular size, when I tried them on they would'nt go over my thighs! I was so upset- I must have gained weight!

Then I checked and they were actually a size too small for me. Phew! The great thing is they fit me now.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    its nice now to be able to look down now and see my willy instead of my beer belly! :smile:
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I can fit in a restaurant booth now.

I can stand up and walk right away without stabilizing myself.

My chair only yells ouch now, it use to yell for the love of , get out get out.

People you know pay more attention to you, like you figured out the world was round.

My favorite is, you didn't do this by hard work, whats your secret.

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FUNNY MOMENTS?

Loved the chair comment!! too funny! As far as fitting in the booths at a resturant,its kinda ironic they sell mostly food that makes you fat to begin with and discriminate by putting in booths that your belly hangs over to fit in..I guess with a napkin tucked, it keeps the food in place when it doesn't hit your mouth. Loved this! Thanks for the chuckle
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1) My shoes are too big ( how in the hell does that happen)
    2) Bath Towels wrap normally
    3)Guys flirt ( which makes me uncomfortable)
    4)I don't see any difference in the mirror but everyone around me does
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    people at work like that I have high energy levels...
  • aallegri
    Options
    The airplane and train seats are getting bigger! :laugh:

And it's just easier to bend down and touch my toes....

Great topic, thanks for posting!

Good luck everyone...
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I can see the tendons in my feet!!! Forgot they were there!!!
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    i have only just started but clothes getting looser, feeling lighter and feeling in control for the first time ever
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    feeling the cold - I was always hot before, but now have had to invest in things like coats :noway:

huge reduction on aches and pains that I had got so used to I didn't really notice until now I don't have them as much

huge amounts of energy

how much easier everything is

how loose my joints and muscles feel even after a good workout compared to before.
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love this thread - very motivating!

I can paint my toe-nails without holding my breath between toes! I'm sure there are others as well.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My hands are getting bigger!!! well....I think they look bigger cos my wrists/arms are getting smaller. I thought they always looked like the skinniest part of me, who knew they'd get smaller!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    My pants are so baggy now, that i'm starting to look like MC Hammer.
  • lpeterson
    Options
    I remember when I first started losing weight and my girlfriend told me "My hands can touch when giving you a hug now!"
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I can happily fit in a cinema seat without being pinched, I can see my clavicles and I have a waist!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational thread. Thank you OP!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can do situps now without suffocating on my own boobs!
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I'm definitely healthier, I used to get a cold or stomach problems ALL THE TIME.

I can't stand the smell of McDonalds, it literally makes me wanna vomit.

When I swing my hips, the whole body doesn't swing and jiggle with them.

Bath towels fit so much better.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My ring has started falling off in the shower
    I've had to buy a new belt
    I can do up my 'skinny' (size 14) shorts that I bought 3 years ago when I was smaller.
    My tummy no longer goes out past my boobs
    My boyfriend has commented that I am looking "even more sexy than usual" :blushing:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It takes less time to shave my legs =)

Yes!

And I need less body lotion :).
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was laying in bed recently on my Tummy reading my computer. My hubby comes in to have me check out ebay auction. He laid half his body his legs on his part of the bed and used his elbow to prop up his upper torso of his body using my rear end to support himself with his elbow. The weight of his elbow digging into me actually hurt me and I said "ouch" and he said "what has happened to my cushy rear end pillow its gone! He said "I have leaned my elbow and laid like this before to look at your computer and I use to be able to see the computer screen and now I can't see it like I did before.He laughed and said "His cushy pillow was gone" He had to sit up to look at the computer. He is always commenting the size of my hips have gone down in inches a lot. I liked the size of my hips before and so did he. I would have preferred the fat leaving first in other more critical areas of my body like Tummy, thighs. OH well I am just grateful the excess inches are leaving. This is my NSV that I have noticed and it has only been 20 lbs I have a long way to go yet and reading the comments posted here is encouraging. :smile:

My husband prefers me fat....I am getting too much attention now...very jealous...grrr.