Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've had to learn to sew! Because my hips and waist are smaller, my pants are longer and I've had to put hems in all of them and now it looks like I'm going to have to do a second round. I'm cheap so not ready to buy new clothes yet.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    It takes less time to shave my legs =)

Yep! Funny how weight affects so many little things.
  • mrslaney04
    mrslaney04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My feet are a size smaller too. And unfortunately, my bras are gaping open now. I guess I'll be buying smaller ones soon. :smile:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't need my own zip code.
    I am not in ICU for a heart trauma.
    I can clip my toenails.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    A-holes commenting on how small my boobies have gotten :(
    I'm like, "0hhhh great, thanks for focusing on that part!"
    Idiots.
  • I seem to get a glow, so when I'm walking down a street or talking to people I've never met, they tend to give me the 'deer in headlights' look.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    For me it was wonderful to get out of the shower and be able to wrap the towel all the way around me!!
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I see myself in the mirror everyday without clothes on. Last night before bed I pulled my shirt off (of course most people would still be disgusted) I could see just how much things have changed.

Waking up in the morning and only taking like ten minutes to wake up instead of 2 hours.

Seeing my thighs finally toning up... and matching what my calves have looked like for years.

How HUGE my tattoo on my bicep looks.

How I really need to "relace" my shoes... because in only 3 weeks they are so big my foot slides around enough to get blisters while working out.
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Where to start?

- airplane seats are not so uncomfortable, looking forward to the rollercoasters too.
    - towels wrapping around
    - crossing legs
    - knee high boots fitting my calves
    - seeing my real shape.....not rolls
    - wearing high heels is so much easier...because my legs are stronger and don't have so much weight to balance.
    - higher sex drive
    - new positive and happy mindset
    - enjoying cross training and running (never have before)
    - stronger than I have ever been in my life

safe to say this is one of the best years of my life.

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I too now notice I can fit into a booth so much better! I don't panic that the seatbelt on the plane won't fit, and I can actually pull some extra thru!, My towel covers so much more now at the gym too. My goal is that when something drips while eatingt, that it will land on my lap. THAT will be a NSV !!!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    After a shower and wrapping a towel around yourself. I noticed how much it finally covers up everything and not having to almost use a pin just to keep it shut lol.

This.
  • Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have nightly heartburn anymore!

I was able to squeeze into my wedding ring this week (still a little tight but actually can be taken on and off)
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I bent over and tied my shoes...scared the .... out of me!
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I've come across a ton of things as I've dropped my 118 lbs. I mowed my back yard last night in shorts and a sports bra. That was a BIG DEAL for me. I've experienced a lot of these other things too, seat belt extender no longer needed on the plane was a pretty big one. Discovering muscles in my arms, that was funny (I thought I had a lump?). Being able to tuck my towel around me, pretty friggin sweet. Just taking up less space in general is awesome. Not hating everything I try on. Not having to check wherever I'm about to sit to make sure it can support me. Not having to look at labels to see if it'll support 250+. I still get busted for spot checking wherever I'm about to sit or go.

The libido increase, is off the friggin chart. I exhaust my husband. I feel so much sexier. I saw a pic of myself (that I didn't know was taken... *ahem*) that had me in a cute bra/panty set... and I didn't hate the pic. My back fat rolls are gone. HELL YES. Time for that back piece (tat) that I've been waiting to do.

Loving all of these (re)explorations. Every.single.one.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I crossed my legs today!! :happy:
    This was mine too! I used to look at people with their legs crossed and think "how is that comfortable?" When I would try to cross my legs it was forced and my leg pretty much stuck straight out and I would rotate sidways so it would stay! But now.... i find myself sitting on the sofa with my legs crossed and I don;t even have a dress on!!!!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

My husband prefers me fat....I am getting too much attention now...very jealous...grrr.

My husband has mentioned he will have to fight off all the male attention I get now. He said "I will have to watch all these guys" - I said "no, just watch yourself!" :)

I have also gone down a few bra sizes, grr.
    Hip bones, who knew!
    Collar bonnnnes.
    My wrists are smaller which makes me smile, I don't know why.
    My towel wraps around me.
    I sleep in my underwear without feeling embarressed. I even walk around in my workout bra and a pair of shorts at home and - I would not DIE of embarrassment if a neighbor saw.
    I run the milk order at work (5-7 crates with 4 gallons of milk in each) down to and through the basement one crate at a time, which I always did, but now I do it quickly and don't collapse afterwards.
    I am not embarrassed to go out anymore. Which is incredibly sad.

My FAV - When I sit in a chair. Any chair. I can get all cozy and comfy and pull my legs up close to me or cross my legs or whatever. I always did that but it is SO much nicer at 138lbs than 230lbs, trust me!
  • gwyn48
    gwyn48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    - Being able to easily fit in the movie theatre seats. I don't even touch the sides. I was so self conscious about it before keeping my arms in tight so I wouldn't bother the person next to me.
    - easily waking up in the morning and jumping out of bed. No more joint and muscle aches.
    - Easily fitting into the airplane seats and seatbelts without worrying about what the person next to me is thinking. I am no longer concerned if the plane is full. I also can get the food tray down. Before on some crowded planse, the tray wouldn't come all the way down because of my tummy.
    - I can now run 2 miles straight and still feel great!!
    -Running after the loose ball in volleyball & realizing I'm running instead of having to walk after it like I did 20 lbs ago.
    -Being passed by my girlfriends outside the restaurant because they didn't recongnize me immediately!! I had on new skin tight clothes and was wearing sunglasses. When I spoke to them they realized it was me and gushed about how good I was looking!
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Reading through these gives me the fuzzies :)
    Here is my list:
    -seeing my face in in pictures go from being round to oval
    -my eyes look bigger
    -my collar bone sticks out now without me having to turn a certain way just to see it
    -I can sit with my legs crossed without them going numb
    -my boobs are getting smaller, but I'm not complaining
    -seeing my hip bones when I lay flat on my back
    -the gap between my legs now starts mid thigh and not at my knees like it used to
    -my sex drive is through the roof
    -putting on my high school kilt and it falling off of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - my younger sister stealing my clothes, because they're small enough for her to wear now too.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've not experienced the weight loss yet, but I've been working out consistently for the past 6 - 8 weeks. I am already getting comments about like "Have you lost some weight?" Nope, I just look better. Brighter. Less ashen. You know, 2 pounds does not show up on a person at 225 pounds but 12.5 inches lost does! YAHOO!

I can't wait to post more things as I work on my eating patterns while exercising more this fall!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Someone told me they were feet with toes :noway: but I think they are lying, dont know about the dangly thing though :bigsmile:

TWENTY toes? Gosh.

My ribcage has lost its padding and jolts against my elbow when I'm lazing around in bed. Feels weird.
    I counted them, twice. And then added those two counts together and came up with 20. It's the new math. Counting to 10 twice is equal to counting to 20 once. See how that works.