40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options
I have been overweight ever since I can remember. Always the chubby one with the booda belly I had just lost hope in ever changing because i thought I never could. I have just recently got married to an incredible man who is a whopping 115 lbs! I more than doubled his size at 260! I have finally reached a point where I am mentally happy with my life and i just need the outside of me to match the happy, beautiful inside so I started MFP about 4 months ago and I am here now just about 40lbs light giver or take but the difference seems to be very little. Which as you can imagine will bring down someone who wants a change after working so hard for it.

4 months ago (embarassing!)
250lbs-1.jpg

Now (not much difference) :(
220lbs-1.jpg

Replies

• Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    I bet it's a lot more than you think. Get those pictures to work so we can point out what you're not seeing.

Well you go tthe pics up.

I can see huuuge differences in waist, arms, and even the partial face shots.

You're doing awesome. Keep it up!
  • kmk1985
    kmk1985 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is big difference!! Especially with the one facing the camera. Don't be hard on yourself, and don't give up. You might not see the difference yourself right away but others will be able too! Keep up the great work!!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    There were no differences at all concerning loosing inches on my body for the first 45lb (290 lb till 245lb) but then it was quite quick...
    My personal trainer that I have for 4 weeks now said, it might have a lot of reasons. I think the most reasonable one was, that I lost fat around the organs first. :wink:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ummm... there is a HUGE difference! you are looking so good! keep it up and keep going!
  • Big_Daddy6
    Options
    I see a difference.............. make your shots front before and after and side before and after.

UR doing great.......I see a big difference.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Can definitely see a difference!!! Don't stop what you're doing because it's working. :flowerforyou:
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi keep up the good work. 40lbs is alot. I can see a huge difference, in your back and your front. Dont give up and do not give up. We can be friends if u like.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    see that's the thing..sometimes we are so blinded we can't see our own progress. "I" can see a big difference there. You are doing a great job..keep it up and one day you'll look back at this and you will then see the change you didn't see right now! GOOD JOB!!!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference, especially in what we can see of your face.

Part of the problem though it seems you are angling the camera down - Try asking your hubby to take a straight forward photo, and I guarantee you will see a difference!
  • Ncellis
    Ncellis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Look at how the crease in your back is less defined now, and your stomach is smaller.
    Your mind just needs time to catch up with your body. One day out of the blue you're going to look in the mirror and suddenly notice how much your face has changed or that your shirt is looser. It's the small things that add up.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference, especially in your midsection. I wish I had the lovely hourglass shape that you have! Don't give up, you look awesome and it will only get better! How many sizes have you lost?
  • It's easy to get discouraged when you're a larger size like we are. I'm like you- have it around the mid section. I know I will never be tiny and frankly I don't want to. I have always thought women should have curves. Look at all of the iconic old Hollywood sex symbols- they had curves. (Jane Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe) My husband loves curves. I just need to tone up and lose some of this excess fat. Be proud of yourself because I can see a noticeable difference. You have lost 40 pounds in four months. That's completely awesome! You might just need to do some more cardio so you can burn a bit more fat. I have been busting my butt with cardio, but I actually look forward to going to the gym. Never thought I'd say that...My goal is to lose another 45 pounds by Christmas, so you give me hope that I can do it. I have lost 18 pounds since 8/8 when starting this whole lifestyle change so I know I can lose another 45 or so. I want to be below 200 for a change. I'm 43 and I can tell you when you get older- it 's not easy to lose. Do it while your young. Be proud of what you have done. You inspire me! Keep us posted on your success and don't give up. You look very young and you have your whole life ahead of you. Just remember if anything that you will get healthier, which can prolong your life with the wonderful hubby! Congrats on finding a good guy!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Huge difference!!!
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I see a lot more definition in your waist! You look great!
  • chisum1012
    Options
    Sweetie, you look slimmer! Don't get discouraged. Did you measure your waist before and now? It looks a lot more hourglass. Keep it up, you won't regret it. :)
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Those pics show a significant difference! You see yourself everyday so it is harder to see changes.
    You look great. Hope you are feeling better too.
    Try taking measurements every month. That will be encouraging.
    Looking forward to your updates in the future.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! keep it up!! I've had to stick at it and its slowly taken a lot of time for me to really see a difference! I can see it in you, keep going!!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! You're doing a great job!!! Keep it up
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    girl you look fantastic! we don't see the changes because we see ourselves everyday. Please know you look amazing!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Keep going! The difference is there! You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!