40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options

Replies

• docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When you start at a higher weight, a 40 pound weight loss won't look as impressive as it would on a smaller person, but that doesn't make it any less valid of an achievement. You just have further to go than most of the people here looking to lose ten or so pounds.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in your waist and hips! Sometimes its hard to see that difference in ourselves because we see ourselves everyday and have this vision of how we'll look after losing the weight. Also some people have lots of subcutaneous fat (fat around our organs) and that is were it comes off first which in actuality is really good! I've found that I don't feel like my stomach as gone down as much as I hoped it would at this point, but when I compared pics side by side its clear that I'm burning fat on the sides of my stomach and right under my bust first (that part is virtually flat at this point) and thats why the front part of my belly doesn't show as much of a difference as I imagined it would.

You're doing REALLY GREAT! Keep it up!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 and also feel there isn't a huge difference, but let me tell you, you may not see it but there is a huge difference in your pics! You have lost loads around your middle! You may not see it, but its definitely there :D so keep up the good work, you are doing awesome! x
  • Tarek307
    Options
    How do you not see a difference????? its very obvious there is a difference..keep going!
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    You look fantastic! I can definitely see a difference: your waist is more defined, and it seems like you've just gotten smaller overall, like in your arms.

It seems like we have similar numbers! I started here at 260 last spring, and am now around 220. I also lose weight very proportionally, so there's no huge difference in any single part of my body, but other people around me, especially those I don't see often, tell me the difference is pretty drastic.

I'm sending you a friend request! :)
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    All of these MFP's who are viewing your pictures cannot be wrong. There is definitely a big difference fron June to now. I bet your clothes are fitting much looser. Just continue whatever you are doing
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? I see a *major* difference! You are shaping up great!!! (if is wasn't true no one would comment!) Don't give up!!!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    from the pic .. there is a lot of difference.. ur actually pretty sexy in after pic. u keep it up and your going to be smoken..and im not joken... wow did i just do that? lol.... not kidding bout it though..u do look good.. so keep it up... and i know how u feel 80 lbs loss for me and i feel no difference for the most part.. still feel like chit all day long. however there is a few small things here and there that come up that is knew or different... like maybe having less trouble putting certain cloths on, being able to grasp my hands behind my back, my martial arts uniform fitting like it should...well as well as fat people cloths fit any who.. and might have to see bout getting a smaller one soon..hopefully not to soon, expensive. can do longer workouts, more difficult work outs etc.

there is going to be all sorts of changes your not going to notice and some that may take u a while to notice... some of my changes i didnt notice for some time... just do my ussuall routine then one day all of a sudden i notice it or im thinking bout it at the time and then go what the hell when i do it a different way... no matter what loseing weight and doing exercise makes u better in so many ways..even if u get to goal weight exercise should be a life long thing... skinny/overweight it dont matter . it does so many things for u that it is a must.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done on your efforts so far of course there is a difference.

Lots of people want to be congratulated for losing weight but if you start on the heavy side then it takes a long time for people to "be amazed" by your success. i had lost 100 lbs before people really noticed

there will come a day when everybody notices so keep at it and when you are ready increase your exercise.
  • lornaloo3
    Options
    Tremendous difference, love. Your stomach lost a great deal of size. You should be very proud. If you really can't see it you might be suffering from body dismorphia. Time to do some research and maybe speak to someone about it so you can appreciate your other victories without getting discouraged.
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    That's awesome. Big difference. Keep up the good work!!!
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you can see the difference :) hard work is paying off . Well done !
  • annjj
    annjj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At having just lost 2kgs and feeling so excited, I cant imagine losing 40 pounds. So you are an inspiration to each and everyone of us who are just beginning this journey. You can notice your weight loss in the pictures and can you feel that you have lost weight. Move a little more freely, not as puffed all those little things that make us feel crappy all day. You have done so much dont let the self talk get to you. Good luck.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    I can definitely see a big difference! Be careful girl, don't let your subconscious convince you into thinking that all your efforts to lose the weight are hardly. That happened to me at one point in my life....eventhough I'd lost the weight and had reached my weight goal (130 pounds), was able to wear size 2 clothes, and people around me always complemented and congratulated me for the weight lost, my subconscious convinced me that I was still FAT!!! I always saw myself fat....eventhough I wasn't, so I started overeating again and stopped working out....the pounds started creeping up! I tell you this, losing the last 20-30 pounds have been more of a challenge for me than losing all the weight the first time (200s-130)! Once our subconscious convince us that we are meant to be FAT, it's harder to lose the weight! Learn from my experience....don't fall into the trap! Keep trying to be healthy ....nobodyelse will do this for you! Good luck. ;))
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    First of all - Big difference!

Second of all - the insanely awesome crazy amazing difference is inside your body! Imagine how much healthier you are! How much less likely you are to suffer from all sorts of terrible illnesses! Your 40lb difference makes all the difference in the world to your organs!
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference :) Well done.
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I see a difference! Keep it up, you look great! I struggle with the same area and you've helped inspire me!
  • demonkarebear04
    demonkarebear04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Please! Add me! I started at 254, I am currently 220 and I have felt like I've lost nothing! You can see the difference on you! It's annoying because I've almost given up
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight ever since I can remember. Always the chubby one with the booda belly I had just lost hope in ever changing because i thought I never could. I have just recently got married to an incredible man who is a whopping 115 lbs! I more than doubled his size at 260! I have finally reached a point where I am mentally happy with my life and i just need the outside of me to match the happy, beautiful inside so I started MFP about 4 months ago and I am here now just about 40lbs light giver or take but the difference seems to be very little. Which as you can imagine will bring down someone who wants a change after working so hard for it.

4 months ago (embarassing!)
    250lbs-1.jpg

Now (not much difference) :(
    220lbs-1.jpg

You have an emotional cloud affecting your eye sight. There is a very clear difference.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference! Don't be discouraged! Keep going girl :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!