Looking for more mom "friends" on here

Options
I have a few "friends" on here, but not many mommy ones. As all moms know, it is hard to find time for ourselves to workout, especially if working outside the home. With caring for our child(ren), working and keeping the house up, how do you do it all? I am lucky to get 6 hrs sleep because I gotta workout at 915 or later, after my son goes to bed. I tried the AM workout, but it actually makes me more tired thru the day, not energized. So, would love to hear some advise and maybe get some new "mom" friends on my list. Oh yeah, and Im almost 31, mother of one extremely energetic 4 yr old.

Replies

• Ginagogogo
    Options
    Hi! Add me, I have 3 kids and I can relate to everything in your post! Maybe we'll figure out how to do it all one day...
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, single mom with 2 teenagers! I've spent so much of my life taking care of them I hadn't realized until about a year ago that I'm a much better mommy when I feel better about myself!

Your little guy is a lot younger than mine, but I found that even running for 30 minutes while my daughter is at dance class or later in the evening before bed - but my kids are able to be by themselves now. And I don't have a gym membership, I just do a lot of stretching and strength exercises I can do at home. Hope that helps!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! I have 3 boys-(3 on monday), 6, 8). I am just now getting myself started on a healthier lifestyle. I would love to help you out.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Another Mom here! I'm 46 with three kids. I teach full-time and I run a busy on-line business selling my artwork. I have a terrible time finding time to workout even with gym equipment in the house. But, other than finding time, I have no excuse, lol! I just have to make myself do it. Once I get on the treadmill and find myself alone for a while, it's hard to stop. :)
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    Let's be "friends!" I'm a single mom of one, and the thing that saves me (in terms of getting time to work out is that a dear friend of mine happens to live with us (and, she works from home), so, it means I can duck out 15 minutes before my daughter leaves for school, hit the gym (literally halfway to my workplace), and still get to work (mostly) on time. If not for supportive friends, I'd still be saying "I should go to the gym," rather than, "I'm going to the gym."

Does anyone else find that the "mommy guilt" of taking the time to do these things is a bit crushing at times?

:) kerry
  • jaelliott907
    Options
    You're welcome to add me too! I'm a mom of a rambunctious little two year old. I also work full time, Feel free to add me :) Good luck on your journey and hope to hear from ya!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Mom of six here; feel free to add me. Exercise is as much a part of my daily routine as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. If I can't do it alone, the kids join me. Maybe your 4 yo would enjoy trying to do jumping jacks, pushups, etc with you? Or Wii or Xbox fitness games? There is always a way to make it work!
  • SMP151
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. Single mom of a very busy 10 year old. I completely understand what you are feeling. I get a full hour that I stretch a little bit for lunch so I always get my workouts in then and eat something at my desk...
  • destinedwi
    Options
    Hey I will add you I am a mother of four! I have three in school and one at home who is special needs. I usually go for a walk with him in a stroller when the other three are at school. My younges is 2 and a half so he is still young enough to go in the stroller. We live in an apartment so in your shape I would fine when people didn't work out, and have him sit and watch cartoons or if you have a nice gym they sometimes have daycare. The YMCA was my favorite free day care!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    add me! mommy of an 11 month old :)
  • cortney_weiss
    cortney_weiss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am a mom of a 2-year-old and a baby on the way!!
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, single mom with 2 teenagers! I've spent so much of my life taking care of them I hadn't realized until about a year ago that I'm a much better mommy when I feel better about myself!

Your little guy is a lot younger than mine, but I found that even running for 30 minutes while my daughter is at dance class or later in the evening before bed - but my kids are able to be by themselves now. And I don't have a gym membership, I just do a lot of stretching and strength exercises I can do at home. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it is hard. I dont have a gym membership either. Lots of videos are my go to. Easy to pop in, just gotta have the motivation to press play.
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    Another Mom here! I'm 46 with three kids. I teach full-time and I run a busy on-line business selling my artwork. I have a terrible time finding time to workout even with gym equipment in the house. But, other than finding time, I have no excuse, lol! I just have to make myself do it. Once I get on the treadmill and find myself alone for a while, it's hard to stop. :)

Agreed. THe hardest part is starting. Once I am doing it, I find it hard to stop before whatever DVD I'm doing is done. I guess that's the good thing. Just gotta start more. =)
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    Let's be "friends!" I'm a single mom of one, and the thing that saves me (in terms of getting time to work out is that a dear friend of mine happens to live with us (and, she works from home), so, it means I can duck out 15 minutes before my daughter leaves for school, hit the gym (literally halfway to my workplace), and still get to work (mostly) on time. If not for supportive friends, I'd still be saying "I should go to the gym," rather than, "I'm going to the gym."

Does anyone else find that the "mommy guilt" of taking the time to do these things is a bit crushing at times?

:) kerry

Hating the mommy guilt. And my son always says he wants to workout with me, but there is just no way. I hate to say it, but he gets in the way when we try to do that. =) I love that he wants to do it with me, but the workout just isn't as effective. =)
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    Mom of six here; feel free to add me. Exercise is as much a part of my daily routine as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. If I can't do it alone, the kids join me. Maybe your 4 yo would enjoy trying to do jumping jacks, pushups, etc with you? Or Wii or Xbox fitness games? There is always a way to make it work!

This is true, he does want to workout with me, but our area to workout is so small we end up on each other. =) Fun, but not effective. =)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Any of y'all are welcome to add me. I'm mother to 3, with #4 on the way. #3 was supposed to be our last. I had the Essure procedure done, but God has a funny sense of humour.
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    Any of y'all are welcome to add me. I'm mother to 3, with #4 on the way. #3 was supposed to be our last. I had the Essure procedure done, but God has a funny sense of humour.
    Wow, that's crazy. I thought that was supposed to be pregnancy proof. Just goes to show. =)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Hey add me!! I'm a mother of 2 boys...two and four years old!! =))
  • webarr2003
    Options
    Hi Add me, I have three children and well working out since the kids started school has become a weekend thing. Maybe you should try that and see how it works.
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I can relate - I have a very energetic little one who's turning 4yo in a couple of weeks. I too work out after 9pm once my husband takes her up for bedtime or while she's at preschool. I workout on my treadmill or do WiiFit. When I'm on the treadmill she likes to cheer me on but then gets bored an goes to her room to play. With the Wii, she asks wants to workout with me (or just dance around me and be mischievous) so I either let her "workout" after me... or I set the boring "Free Step" for 30min., then switch the TV over to the Disney channel and we watch together (while I'm stepping) - LOL!