Looking for more mom "friends" on here

Options

Replies

• roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a few "friends" on here, but not many mommy ones. As all moms know, it is hard to find time for ourselves to workout, especially if working outside the home. With caring for our child(ren), working and keeping the house up, how do you do it all? I am lucky to get 6 hrs sleep because I gotta workout at 915 or later, after my son goes to bed. I tried the AM workout, but it actually makes me more tired thru the day, not energized. So, would love to hear some advise and maybe get some new "mom" friends on my list. Oh yeah, and Im almost 31, mother of one extremely energetic 4 yr old.

Feel free to add me! :) Mom of two, 8 year old, and 3 year old.
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I hope to get on the computer tomorrow at work to send some friend requests. It is hard on the cell. :)
  • Surecutie
    Surecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends. I'm a 31yr old mom of 3. I work outside the home and have a 1 hr commute each way!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I have a few "friends" on here, but not many mommy ones. As all moms know, it is hard to find time for ourselves to workout, especially if working outside the home. With caring for our child(ren), working and keeping the house up, how do you do it all? I am lucky to get 6 hrs sleep because I gotta workout at 915 or later, after my son goes to bed. I tried the AM workout, but it actually makes me more tired thru the day, not energized. So, would love to hear some advise and maybe get some new "mom" friends on my list. Oh yeah, and Im almost 31, mother of one extremely energetic 4 yr old.

I think it's awesome that even with your hectic schedule you are still keeping motivated to be healthy! I am 28, mom to a three year old boy, and work full time too! We've got three dogs and a cat, so life is sometimes more chaotic than I'd ever want it to be. I make time for my workout during my lunch hour at work. It's the most reliable timeframe I ever have, and then I hit the gym maybe two or three times a week in the evening. Mostly I can only make it to the gym twice a week. Do you have an hour lunch time or half? I have had half hour breaks in past jobs and lord knows I didn't work out in them. Do you have a threadmill or stationary bike at home? I will sometimes walk while watching my nightly shows after the kid is sleeping. I find it to be pretty dang theraputic. Anyway, I'd love to be your friend here!!! It's always to have people that you can relate to!
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mommy's UNITE!! ;-)

I have 4 beautiful kiddos and one pretty awesome husband. It's never easy making a change to a healthier you...nor is it easy keeping it up when you have a family.

Finding a good group of moms on here is (in my opinion) essential.

Congrats on stepping out and reaching out. :)
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Mum of a 2yo here, feel free to add me :)
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mom of six here; feel free to add me. Exercise is as much a part of my daily routine as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. If I can't do it alone, the kids join me.

I can't WAIT to get to this point where it's just part of my routine too! JEALOUS!!!!

Anyhow, I'm a mom of 3 (ages 3, 5, 7) and I'm just starting to realize how much I can/should work out now that they're a little more self-reliant (as in no longer physically attached to me, LOL?!?!?) So If I can't get them to do a work-out or dance DVD with me, we'll do XBox Zumba or even Nickoledeon Dance together. I've learned that they're at least entertained enough watching me do it that they'll sit still and just watch for quite a while. We also do the trampoline together. But mostly I've just retrained myself to push through 4:30 - 5 a.m. wake-ups so I can get out and walk/run or do the elliptical at the gym and get home again before anyone else in the family even wakes up. It wasn't easy, being a former night owl. I also had to give up my evening "quiet hours" for crafting and what-not and actually go to bed when they go to bed. But for me, it comes down to this: how bad do I want it? Do I want to make excuses and whine about what won't work? Or do I want to get it done and make something work!?!?!? Right now, I'm on a MAKE IT HAPPEN! kick... I'm hoping it sticks! And "Mom of Six" above, definitely gives me hope!!!!! :)
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    hey there, I am a fulltime working mom of 2, 34 yrs old, my son is 10 and my daughter is 5. The hardest part of my days is making sure I get everything done during the week so I have my weekends free for my kiddies. We get up at 7am every weekday, make breakfast and lunches, I drop them off to school for 8:50 from there it's groceries/shopping, house cleaning, chiro, or whatever appointment I may have, then home to get my workout in, make my lunch, suppers and my afternoon snack because by 12:30pm I have to be showered and ready to go to work for 2pm till 10pm. I get home by about 10:30ish only to have to clean the dishes sitting in the kitchen sink and wind down my day so I can get maybe if Im lucky 5-6hours of sleep and start over again the next day.

Over the past 2 yrs I have lost 87lbs, and have improved my energy level and I have learned how to maintain a somewhat normal family life.
  • DASHoag
    DASHoag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 45 year old Mom of two girls, 11 and 4, and two puppies with a husband who is gone for work a few weeks at a time. In essence, i am a work widow who has the kids 24/7. I work out early in the morning before work. Late at night, I get as much ready for the day as possible. Laundry often is happening while I work out in the basement. I totally relate to the lack of sleep and consider six hours to be a luxury. Four to five is more typical but only works with a morning workout to get me motivated. My luxury is a Saturday morning run outside no matter what the weather. Mom friends would be great!
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 year old and mommy of very energetic 4 year old boy... we very beasy with each other, but it's only make me happy:) feel free to add me!
  • jjoey8
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! I have 4 kids ranging from 2 up to 17! I can always use support or ideas for making it all work without wishing away the years!
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    I would love some Mum friends too :o)
    Add me, I'm a 32 year old mum of 3. Two boys, 7 and 5, and one 3-year old girl.
    I get really envious when I read people exercising 2 hours a day - I know the weight would disappear doing that - but with 3 kids, a part time job, adult tutoring at night, and a full-time hubby, life is fairly busy!

I am lucky to get in 50 - 60 min DVDs, much less 2 hours. I see people doing that, and it amazes me!
  • sweetkristina
    Options

I think it's awesome that even with your hectic schedule you are still keeping motivated to be healthy! I am 28, mom to a three year old boy, and work full time too! We've got three dogs and a cat, so life is sometimes more chaotic than I'd ever want it to be. I make time for my workout during my lunch hour at work. It's the most reliable timeframe I ever have, and then I hit the gym maybe two or three times a week in the evening. Mostly I can only make it to the gym twice a week. Do you have an hour lunch time or half? I have had half hour breaks in past jobs and lord knows I didn't work out in them. Do you have a threadmill or stationary bike at home? I will sometimes walk while watching my nightly shows after the kid is sleeping. I find it to be pretty dang theraputic. Anyway, I'd love to be your friend here!!! It's always to have people that you can relate to!

Yes, I have an hour lunch, but with it having been so HOT lately, I didn't wanna walk outside and come back smelling all sweaty and gross. =) As for at home, no, no stationary bike or treadmill. I just do work out videos after my son is asleep, or we will take walks together. I am hoping to start doing more. Maybe nightly walks AND workout videos. But once it gets cold the nightly walks will be no more. =)
  • sweetkristina
    Options
    hey there, I am a fulltime working mom of 2, 34 yrs old, my son is 10 and my daughter is 5. The hardest part of my days is making sure I get everything done during the week so I have my weekends free for my kiddies. We get up at 7am every weekday, make breakfast and lunches, I drop them off to school for 8:50 from there it's groceries/shopping, house cleaning, chiro, or whatever appointment I may have, then home to get my workout in, make my lunch, suppers and my afternoon snack because by 12:30pm I have to be showered and ready to go to work for 2pm till 10pm. I get home by about 10:30ish only to have to clean the dishes sitting in the kitchen sink and wind down my day so I can get maybe if Im lucky 5-6hours of sleep and start over again the next day.

Over the past 2 yrs I have lost 87lbs, and have improved my energy level and I have learned how to maintain a somewhat normal family life.

Agreed, sleep has taken a big hit in my quest for losing this weight and getting healthy. I know it isn't heathy to not get much rest, but there really just isn't enough time in a day, is there?
  • Noahsmommy1
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me...I am a recently single mom of a 7 year old son and I work full time. It is sometimes hard to find the time to exercise. I just simply amp everything I do up a notch. I park farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away. It takes me 15 minutes to walk to work from the parking lot I use and I power walk that. This results in a 30 min walk each day. I also use my lunch break for a good walk. If I'm doing housework, I turn on the tunes taking every opportunity to dance and work through it. I take my son and my dog for a walk to the park almost every night. He has his own activities 2 times per week and that is the only chance I get to go to the gym. There are ways to make it work...sometimes you need to be a little creative...
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sending you a "friend" request! I am a divorced mom to a wonderful 8-year-old girl and I also work full-time. I don't go to the gym, but will do my DVDs or a Kinect workout. While I workout, my daughter is either doing her homework or has her computer time. This way she is occupied and I have my uninterrupted workout time. Give your kids a special activity that they can do on their own during your workout time - they will soon be asking you when it is time for you to workout! Good luck!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm a mommy to 2 little girls (5 and 15 months) Anyone feel free to add me!! Would love some more Mommy friends! :smile:
  • gabbyherman1
    Options
    Same, just had a kid. I dont know friends who are trying this. Would love to diet with other moms. Add me?
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl! My little boy is a dream child most of the time, my little girl... well let's just say she can be a handful lol. I work full-time also. Add me!! I'd love to have more moms as friends.
  • trailrunningmama
    Options
    Hi! Add me! I have a teenager and a pre-teen. Both kids are in sports, and we travel an insane amount. My husband and I are training for a Triathlon right now - sprint distances to begin, then maybe onward ho! from there. I am trying to fit running/biking/swimming in everyday on top of two team practices (kids) and a half hour commute to and from town. I run a non-profit foundation, and write. I am an artist as well. Add two dogs who need time/training/walking, and about a dozen cats, and you get a feel for the insanity. Can it be done - Yes! - is it crazy? - Yes! and in the end, so totally worth it!