Tired of the compliments??

Options
13»

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    well from what I've read it sounds like you just need to get use to the new you. stay positive and good luck on reach your goal.
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate ALL the responses.
    I am not use to the "new" me. I went shopping today and actually bought a size small dress for my class reunion and a 3/4 in pants. I started this at a 12/14 and a large or extra large dress. I have found myself sabortaging (sp?) myself lately and I know I have to stop it.
    I am proud of the work I have done and look forward to keeping it up, however I do not like the attention. I know that it will fade as people get to use to the new me as well.
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I never said I was rude to them, or did anything but smile and say thank you. I am an adult and know how to behave. I am also an introvert, and find people's attention draining, and intrusive. It's not a judgmental thing, it's just the way I'm wired. After so many years, I've made peace with it, and deal with it as best I can while still behaving in a socially acceptable manner.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just got back to school and i honestly cant take the comments ! EVERYONE mentions it. Then it just makes me feel like they will all notice if i gain any back/WHY IS MY BODY A TOPIC OF CONVERSATION ? I have started going to class in clothes that make me look fat and no make up to avoid the comments.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    At first the compliments were awesome, but now it's like geez, good to know I was a total tub of lard before :-/ I know everyone means well, but sometimes it's a little frustrating. That being said, in the beginning it was just women who noticed, now even the men that I work with have started handing out compliments and noticing and that is very rewarding to me :-)