IS THIS FAT OR SKIN???? PLEASE HELP

Options
124»

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You might want to read this article (it's an intro to sell a book but it has very good points…): http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was going to say what an op said. Do some lifting and you will be surprised with the results and how quickly they can happen.

Lots of water seems to be a way some others on here have helped with a lot of problems. I know they say to loose weight slowly so your skin can keep up (a friend had a cracked rib because his size wouldn't accept his fast loss) but sometimes our bodies just don't understand how motivated we can be.

I would try naturally first and then.... ask your doctor for more advice..... then ask a surgeon. Why not try on your own first?
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    uuuuuugh f***! i have that skin issue too. it messes up my BF% reading too. i swear, all my site test look amazing, untill u get to the belly. if you lose more fat, the skin just sags more and more. i do have a good layer of fat under mine, i know that, but no matter what i do the skin just hangs. i call it my cow udder. sexiness. NOT. im hoping my refferal for a tummy tuck will be approved and i can get rid of that crap for good. i bet theres at least 3lbs of skin that will be removed. altho its a crappy thing to have, the fact that it looks like that shows u musta lost quite a bit of the blub! A+ job girl!!!
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I give you great credit for losing the weight. I think people gave you good advice. In my summarize opinion:

1) Wait until you have been at your goal weight for over a year.
    2) Try to exercise as much as possible.
    3) After a year, assess the situation and then decide what to do. Some of it will likely go away on its own. I would not want to have a more extensive surgery job now, when the job would be less in a year.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. you will be amazed what it does for you - I have a few friends who have lost major amounts of weight and have gotten their loose skin under control - also give it time. your ticker on your profile says that you have 50 more pounds to lose - lose them and see what happens. I wouldnt jump on the surgery bandwagon just yet.

I agree. I looked like that after each baby All gone.

It will depend on your body - we are all different. Keep losing - there's definitely fat under there. Keep exercising. Your muscles have to have time to resize themselves to hold everything together. And give it time - your skin needs to reshape itself.

Then you can see where you are with a doctor if you need to.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost and gained a lot of weight over the years, absolutely can I agree that lifting will help tremendously. I see all the posts on here from people showing examples of high weight loss who look tone enough to show a 6 pack and admittedly have to chuckle. I lost 140 lbs at one point, kept it off for 5 years, worked out with a trainer 6 days a week, and ate pretty healthy, even tried various body butters to help... it never went away. I had visible muscles you could see in my arms yet bat wings kept me from showing them off, haha :laugh:

Sometimes it CAN shrink back, but sometimes it just doesn't. Keep at it but be prepared for either reality and do what you need to do to celebrate your huge victory, whether surgery or not. Great job!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Are you bent over? What does it look like when ur standing up?
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I would lose the rest of my weight I wanted to lose. Also start doing strength training with weights. Save your money for surgery usually like $5-6 thousand dollars. Unless insurance will cover. Some will for skin issues or other problems. I'd lose all weight 1st cause it will look better. I use to work for a plastic surgery center.