Peanut butter in oatmeal?

Options
13»

Replies

• sallyfinet
    Options
    Where do you find Better Oats Dark Chocolate Oatmeal??? I live in Ohio, have never heard of it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I love PB. It's one of my favorite foods, if not my favorite. But, I almost hurled after putting it in my oatmeal. It is the nastiest, grossest thing I have ever tasted. DO NOT DO IT.
  • elephas_vegan
    Options
    I put in my pb right after it's cooked and it melts omg it's so yummy! :)
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How awesome that I am not the only one who adds PB to oatmeal. I do it after cooking it and swirl it through so that some bites have more pb than others in them.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    depends on your cooking method, but I add it in after the hot water settles, and then just mix it in the cooked oatmeal
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    How do you do it? Do you put it in while it is cooking, or add it after? I usually put 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon in while it is cooking, then add a mashed banana, but I want something different. So should I put cinnamon in while it is cooking, and then add PB after? Or what?

Holy smokes! A tablespoon of cinnamon, can you even taste anything else?

Yeah, it is SO GOOD! THe Cinnamon makes it gooey and sticky and it tastes like banana bread!
  • JephaMooi
    JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually put PB with a banana, blueberries, and strawberries when i have my hot oat bran cereal. It tastes great!

Legit rest of the day after a meal like this. mmm.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat PB and frozen berries in my oatmeal almost every day. I defrost the berries, then cook the oats, add a little spenda and the peanut butter...stir well then gently fold in the berries. Then I add a splash of milk. Sometimes I substitute low sugar jam for the fruit. Either way its yummy.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    yummy. bump
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I tried peanut butter in my porridge once and it was horrible :/
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I made this for breakfast just this morning and it was yummy! I stirred a Tbsp of PB into fully cooked oatmeal (steel cut) then added a tsp of jam and a bit of milk. Really good. Tomorrow I'll try it with some dried fruit and honey instead of the jam. it's been more filling than my usual granola and milk.
  • xoxjoshsangelxox
    Options
    I do this a lot. I take a spoonful and stir it in after it is done cooking.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i cook my oatmeal, and then add a spoon of crunchy peanut butter heaven and a spoon of honey!! omg.. its soo good!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I like stripes peanut butter and jelly mixed. I just add it when its done and mix it well. It took oatmeal from blah to yummy.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I put in it before I cook it... that way it melts and the oats absorb some of it. They're so creamy and amazing... omg.. I might have some later. Thanks lol. :)

I used to put it in after, but it's just not the same. I usually add some cocoa powder and a tsp of brown sugar too.