cost of gym membership?

Options

Replies

• Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    nothing because although I would love to go everything where I am costs £20 odd a month and I can't afford that on my own and since my dad's not willing to chip a few quid in .. I'm stuck with just dancing in my room, doing exercise DVD's and cleaning :(
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I go to the local council run gym, it's £38 a month. The swimming pool is at a separate site about a mile away, which is a shame. It's the only local gym though.

I used to go to Bannatynes which is about £55 a month, and some gyms like David Llloyd are even more than that.

I pay extra for personal training.
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I want to go to the one near my job called Equinox. I think it's somewhere around $100+ a month, but you get classes/spa services/etc. free.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I get a membership thru my health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois) and pay $25 a month. It's good at tons of places--I use a Snap Fitness about a half mile from my house, and a YMCA about 7 miles away. I get an access/membership card for each place I use it at, so I look like any other member. And it gives full me full membership benefits, including classes, etc....
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got to Golds and pay 20 a month. Includes all classes and up to two hours of childcare a day.
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    ...work out with all the sixth formers coming in...

Ok, I'm curious, what are "sixth formers"?

They're college students! 16-18 years old, just left high school. It's a UK phrase lol :P
  • leeleedc
    Options
    Mine is $35 per month. It includes my husband. They have a pool. Lots of machines. Exercise classes. Free weights. Its a great fitness center for that price.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    ...work out with all the sixth formers coming in...

Ok, I'm curious, what are "sixth formers"?

Year 12 and 13 in the UK, the last 2 years of school. Over here they take exams in year 11, and then go on to be in the 6th form. We used to call it lower and upper sixth, but it's now year 12 and 13. Your equivalent is junior and senior year at high school I guess. I think we go to school for longer in the UK - my son starts school next September and will only turn 4 in June.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness $30 a month. I joined under a construction sale. It was $100 down and there is no contract so its $30 forever.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    For gym ,free classes, discounted classes, heated swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steamroom. 400 euro the year per adult..

750 for a couple

I havent yet joined as im shopping around for the best gym for my requirements as id prefer just to add a kettlebell class/lessons to my existing training
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I am going Monday to sign up for the new Planet Fitness Gym behind my neighborhood. $10.00 a month. Unlimited fitness, no bells or whistles. $20 a month for the extras.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use Anytime Fitness. I pay $31.60 a month.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a black card at Planet Fitness for $20 a month.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of 2 different gyms. One I pay $600/year and one I pay $10/month.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    I have a gym membership at Planet Fitness. Black Card - $20 a month with a $40 annual fee. Full use of equipment, personal trainer, tanning beds/red light therapy, massage chairs, half price drinks and a free guest pass. Only thing I wish my gym had was a pool and probably classes (spin, zumba, pole dancing, yoga etc.)
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Personally I love LA fitness. I pay 32 a month with tax. I can go to any LA fitness in the nation. They also have a $10 a week plan that is good at LA fitness in the state. They have weight machines and free weights. Also tons of cardio and free classes.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Shapes- $62/Month
    Crossfit- $150/Month

$215/Month

Ewww.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Fitness 19-$19/year and then $7/mo(It would be $12/mo if I wanted all hours, but I chose 6am-noon since I workout in the morning)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's goign to depend where you live. when i lived in NYC, a no frills gym membership was like $95 a month which was relatively cheap. i live in bay area cali now and pay $90 a month which is expensive for the area. but my gym is clean, isnt crowded, has a heated outdoor pool steam roomS, jacuzzi, and lots of classes. This easily would have been $300-400 a month in NYC so I consider what i pay to be a steal.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I pay 75 a month to the local ymca but that is for me and two kids, it would be around 40-45 for just me.

I agree for the single person. I pay about $48 at the Y. I go there b/c it is income based membership, provides after school activities for kids and fundraisers like Zumba-a-thons and Line Dancing parties. While I don't qualify for any discounted membership, I love seeing the kids and elderly from different walks of life getting and staying FIT

Edited to add - NO CONTRACT either