May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well I feel like the first week went really well! I just finished my 5th day in a row of exercising, what a great challenge that was! I am in for the other challenges as well. The mini challenge is a great idea for the weekend. I will try to plan out what I'm going to eat at my in-laws party before I go tomorrow. Also, I am in for the no sweets for a week challenge as well.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Start weight: 172
    Jan. 8: 165.5
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145 - This is a lofty goal but I'd REALLY love to be there.... I am hopeful I can do it!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Well I'm going to try and stick to this plan for meals tomorrow:

Breakfast:
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    1 small slice of toast with 1/2 pat butter

Lunch:
    Chicken soup (progresso)

Dinner (PARTY!!!!)
    small cup chili
    one small piece of hoagie
    no more than 3 vodka & diet cran-grape drinks

This leaves me with 130 extra calories, plus all my exercise calories, which I plan on doing a lot of! So hopefully I'll be able to stay under my cals and still have a great time at the party!!!
    Good luck to all of you with your challenges this weekend!
    Anne :)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Here is my menu for Saturday and Sunday:
    Saturday:
    Breakfast:
    Taste of Home Diet Comfort Food - Spiced Oatmeal Mix, 1 cup prepared
    Lunch
    Vegetable Beef Soup,
    Spicy Pretzels, 25,
    Dinner
    Egg - Large Egg, 2 Egg
    Ham - Sliced, regular (approximately 11% fat), 1 serving 2 slices
    Sara Lee - 45 Calorie 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 2 slices
    Butter - Salted, 1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high)
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 0.12 cup
    Snacks
    None planned, as I am working at the church all day making bierocks to sell and don't know what will be there.
    Totals 976
    Your Daily Goal 1,450

Sunday:
    Breakfast:
    Mary's Homemade - Tennessee Caviar, 1/4 cup
    Turkey - Ground, cooked, 0.5 patty (4 oz, raw) (yield after cooking)
    Egg - Large Egg, 1.5 Egg
    Lunch
    Eating at my daughter's. We have several meals in the freezer there, and don't know which one she will pull out.
    Dinner
    Taste of Home - Tortilla Pie, 1 slice
    Snacks
    None planned, will depend on where I am.
    Totals 483
    Your Daily Goal 1,450

I completed Day 5 of exercise today! Woo hoo!

I don't think that I will do the sweets challenge. I am pretty good at moderating myself, and am afraid that if I don't allow myself any, I will feel deprived and overdo the next week.

I decided that I will weigh on Monday, and add my weight to my chart AFTER the weekend as an incentive to behave. Happy Friday, all! And here's to smart choices!
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.3
    Jan. 8: 200
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: Mini goal - 188
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 174

Hope to be under 200 unxt week! Exciting :)
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I would like to join
    I just started on MFP 3 days ago so will weigh in on the 15th
    Start weight: 175
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just thought that I would pop in and say hi. You may not hear much from me this weekend. I am spending the day tomorrow at the church making bierocks to sell, and in the evening have a job in a neighboring town. Sunday is church, then a friend bought tickets for my daughter and I to go to a chocolate fountain. The funny part is that neither one of us really likes chocolate, but it is her husband's grandma, so we feel we need to go. I laughed and told her that at least they should have fruit and it shouldn't be a diet breaker for me! However, if they have white chocolate, I will have to at least try it, but in moderation.

Have a great weekend, all!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So I stil stayed under my cal count for Friday, but I did have a different dinner and a few cocktails. No more drinks this weekend!!!!!
    didn't do Jillian last night, but as soon as I'm done here I'm heading to complete the wii challenge and maybe some treamill time:bigsmile:

Meals for today:

Breakfast
    One wheat toast
    One poached egg
    light and fit yogurt

Snack
    Orange

Lunch
    Spinach and lettuce salad
    Hard boil egg
    Chick peas
    Light olive oil dressing from kraft

Dinner
    Wheat pasta
    Chicken ascona
    Chicken breast lightly floured and pan sauted, no butter, add carrots and tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, low sodium chix stock..
    Cover and let cook about 30 min's
    Plate pasta with some light cheddar cheese and raw spinach, place chick and sauce on top!!!! YUM YUM!!!

And still have about 300 cal's left after my 30 min jillian!!!!

Happy Weekend!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, as I stated last night I had a minor set back. I was out of my house much longer than anticipated and as a result ate what was available BUT I did not go over my calories so I consider that a small victory. Wouldn't you know the minute I bust past this plateau the devil begins to work to try and make me lose focus. As my mother use to say "the devil is a liar" I will not regain those three pounds that I have recently lost.

As it is is freezing cold in GA and the GA Dept of Transportation has stated to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary I decided to skip the gym and kickboxing class. Instead I did 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser "Cardio Max" dvd and 15 minutes of my "Melt it off" dvd for a total of 45 minutes and approximately 350 calories burned.

Here's Saturday's meals:

Breakfast: 1 cup of Quaker oatmeal w/ 1 cup of strawberries

Lunch: 6 inch turkey breast and pepper jack cheese on a whole wheat bread packed w/lots of veggies (lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, pickles, black olives and banana peppers) and 1 cup of apple slices

P.M. Snack: Light and fit vanilla yogurt w/ 1/4 cup of granola

Dinner: Healthy Choice complete meal - lemon pepper fish, rice pilaf and broccoli

Total calories: 1129

Since I'm not leaving the house today it should not be a problem to stick w/the above stated meals. I may add an evening snack since I'm below 1200 calories and that's not including any of the exercise calories.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and if you're somewhere where it's particularly cold, dress in layers and stay warm.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Results from Yesterday:

Breakfast:
    2 pieces of Sarah Lee 45 cal. wheat bread Check
    2 tbsp of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut butter Check
    1 serving of canned peaches in peach juice Check
    Lunch:
    Grilled Chicken salad (1 cup lettuce, 1 cup spinach, 1/4 cup tomato, 4oz grilled chicken) Check
    2 tbsp Dorothy Lynch salad dressing Check
    1/4 cup shredded cheese Check
    1 Hunt's Fat Free Vanilla pudding snack pack Check
    Dinner:
    Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich- lettuce, tomato, Red Wine Vinaigrette Check
    Bag of Baked Lays (flavor depends on what they have) Ended up being Sun Chips Garden Salsa
    Snacks:
    1 serving Quaker Chocolate Mini Rice Cakes Check
    1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter Check
    1 serving Great Value Baked Vegetable Crisp Snacks Ended up having a Snickers at the ball game :ohwell:
    1 wedge Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese ditto for this

With the exercise for the day I ended up with 295 calories left. I was over on protein, sugar and sodium, though. I did find out that my SIL has decided to stay home tonight and we're having a "lower calorie" meal. So I'm going to adjust my plan for today slightly.

Breakfast:
    Special K Berries cereal (1 cup)
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    Lunch:
    Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich- lettuce, tomato, Red Wine Vinaigrette
    Baby carrots
    Dinner:
    SIL "low cal" dinner of choice
    French Silk Pie:tongue: (580 calories a slice!!:noway: That's as much as my usual dinner!!)
    Snacks:
    carrots
    celery

Stick with it everyone!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Mary- Tennesse caviar Yummmmmmm. (I also realized that I left the chili you fixed for me in Jenny's fridge:sad: )

Chocolickkyss- I haven't thought to try spinach on my sandwiches. I love it in my salads, so I will definately try some of that on my sandwich at lunch!

I have tell a story, I was so excited last night I could hardly stand it. As I was getting everything set up for my pep band last night, one of the parents stopped me in the hall and asked how I had been losing all my weight. (I started working at this school the day after I started on MFP!) I, of course:bigsmile: , said "myfitnesspal.com" I explained, briefly how it works. She said that she noticed I was looking good and that I've lost even more weight.:bigsmile: Nothing like unexpected compliments to make your day! Not only did I hit the 25lb mark, I got complimented on it, too! Woohooo! Today, since I hit 25lb, I'm going to go buy new undies.:laugh: Maybe now I won't have to keep pulling them up after I walk down the hall at school!:tongue::tongue:

Thanks for being around for support! Have a great weekend! Stick with the plan, and we CAN do it!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Mary- Tennesse caviar Yummmmmmm. (I also realized that I left the chili you fixed for me in Jenny's fridge:sad: )

Chocolickkyss- I haven't thought to try spinach on my sandwiches. I love it in my salads, so I will definately try some of that on my sandwich at lunch!

I have tell a story, I was so excited last night I could hardly stand it. As I was getting everything set up for my pep band last night, one of the parents stopped me in the hall and asked how I had been losing all my weight. (I started working at this school the day after I started on MFP!) I, of course:bigsmile: , said "myfitnesspal.com" I explained, briefly how it works. She said that she noticed I was looking good and that I've lost even more weight.:bigsmile: Nothing like unexpected compliments to make your day! Not only did I hit the 25lb mark, I got complimented on it, too! Woohooo! Today, since I hit 25lb, I'm going to go buy new undies.:laugh: Maybe now I won't have to keep pulling them up after I walk down the hall at school!:tongue::tongue:

Thanks for being around for support! Have a great weekend! Stick with the plan, and we CAN do it!

Way to go Lisa, when you hear the compliments from others it reaffirms that the hard work is so worth it. Job well done on hitting the 25 lbs mark also. Go Lisa, itz ya birthday, Go Lisa, itz ya birthday.

I try to add as many green veggies to the sandwich as possible so it can account for at least one veggie serving.
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for me!

Start weight: 170
    Jan. 1: 171
    Jan. 8: 170
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 135!!! (Graduation Day)

Sorry I miss weighing in yesterday. I've been very busy seeing friends and family before I go back to college. I'm not coming home at all this semester so trying to get in all the good byes. It was that time of the month for me, I tried really hard to maintain this week and not give into cravings. I did 3/5 workouts for the week. I will try to do the no sweets challenge but I am also trying to quit drinking pop so it might be to much to handle at once. I am so frustrated that I can not make it to the 160's which is only one pound. I come here everyday to get my motivation but I do not always post. I love to see everyone succeeding it gives me hope and hopefully I will start losing again.

Good Luck to everyone this week!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Ktbell, it sounds like u may be a little frustrated, don't give up. Also, let's look at the positive strides you're making. You have worked out 3 times this week, you were mindful to try and not give in to cravings despite TOM and although u don't post daily u do check in. Lastly, ur down a pound this week :drinker:

If ur working on giving up soda attempting another challenge (especially a no sweets challenge) may be a bit overwhelming. Keep working out, keep logging ur food, keeping making healthy choices and before u realize it you'll be way into the 160's.

Good luck and post sometimes so we can know how ur day is coming along.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Workout total for the week:

Chocolickkyss: 6 workouts completed.

BTW, I made a slight menu change for tonight's dinner. Instead of eating the healthy choice meal like I originally posted, I will eat the dinner meant for last night (garlic shrimp, brown rice and broccoli). This meal will keep me well within my allotted calories w/o even using any of my exercise calories and it has less carbs, so, I say it's a winner.
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.8 pounds this week.

Highest weight: 168
    Dec 25: 150
    Jan. 1: 149
    Jan. 8: 148.2
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 132
    May 7:
    May 14: 130

May 22nd - Bike Tour for National Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    I am going to join in on the no sweets for the week challenge. I have Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in the house which I received as a gift ( I just love :mad: the way people give you sweets when they find out you are trying to lose weight) so this may be a difficult week for me. I would like to do the no FF for the week but we are taking a coworker to lunch for his bday on Monday so the week is starting off wrong:grumble: I have no idea where we are going which prevents me from planning my order in advance.
    Good luck to everyone during the upcoming week.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Today's update:

Breakfast:
    Special K Berries cereal (1 cup) CHECK
    1/2 cup 1% milk CHECK
    Lunch:
    Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich- lettuce, tomato, Red Wine Vinaigrette CHECK
    Baby carrots decided against these
    Dinner:
    SIL "low cal" dinner of choice- ended up being stuffed pasta shells, for only 350 cals for 3 shells, salad and a slice of Texas toast
    French Silk Pie (580 calories a slice!! That's as much as my usual dinner!!)- switched this out for cheesecake at 202 cals a slice
    Snacks:
    carrots- skipped the snacks today because I ate breakfast late, and I was busy new undies buying this afternoon:bigsmile:
    celery

At the end of the day, I am left with 388 cals. I'm thinking that I may have a second slice of cheese cake. Ok, maybe not:happy: Perhaps I'll go for some rice cakes with DCD peanut butter.

Keep up the good work!!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Lisa - I put your chili in the freezer. Come see us soon and you can have it! (If not, Jenny may add it to our other frozen chili when we eat it.)

Stuck pretty close to my posted menus. Worked out 6 days! No fast food won't be hard for me - I hardly ever eat it.

Got to go get a Sunday School lesson ready. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: I would really like to join this challenge! This is perfect for me, b/c my birthday is May 5...so that's a perfect goal for me :bigsmile: I put on 20 lbs...YIKES :noway::sad: ...this December from binde eating EVERYTHING! So, now I'm paying for it, hehe.

Start weight:205 :noway:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26: