5'8 women, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Secondgoround
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and I'm first aiming for 150 and then I'll see how I look. I used to weigh around 125-130 but I think that would be too drastic for me now. But I'm taking it one pound at a time and not committing to anything until I get to where I want to be. I also don't really care very much about what the scale says...if I can fit into size 8 jeans, I'm good at any weight.
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    My goal weight is 150.
  • Speechco
    Options
    I'm 46 yrs old and 5'8". Highest weight was 331 in March 2010. Got down to 175 and a size 12 in June 2011. Now setting at 241 and a size 16. My long term goal is 150 and a size 8 or 10. I'm getting married 3/30/13 and would love to be in a size 12 wedding dress. I'm working hard towards it. My Dr. said I should shoot for 135....I don't think my bone structure will let me maintain my weight there, even if I could get down that low in the first place!!
  • Nachitifriti
    Nachitifriti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this site says 121 to 159 is a healthy bmi! but i cant imagine id survive being 121.. ive been 138 before and i was pretty slim! im aiming for that again!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently 187 and a size 12/10 my dress pants are 12s, my jeans are 10s or 30s. T-shirts mediums, button up blouses large. I think my goal weight is 146, that is what my ticker is set for, but once I get to healthy range at 163 I plan to evaluate where I'm at.
  • rubixcircle
    Options
    I'm 5'9", but my final goal is about 150-160. I'm having smaller goals in between, I'll really judge how much I want to lose based on how I feel and look when the time comes
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. When I started, I set my goal at 130 lbs. I got down to 132 before I decided I didn't care about the scale anymore. I'm somewhere around 135 lbs but I hardly weigh myself. I go by how I look and feel and achieving the fitness goals I set for myself. As for size, I can fit into a size 4 some places and a size 7-8 in others. Just depends on the store and brand. I wear a size medium shirt, with my boobs I'll probably never get to a size small.
  • geogie54
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently at 190. I want to be 165. It seems to be a long hard process for me but I'll just keep plugging away!!
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'8 right now I'm 255 I started at 273 way back at the begining of the year... My mini goal right now is 225 which is where I was my sr. year of high school. Overall just because I've always been big, I would, in my wildest dreams love to see 190! It would be the first time since I was 11 that I would have a number that is not in the 200's. We'll see how this goes.

Congratulations on your amazing work so far I wish you all the best :)
  • ebony__
    Options
    this site says 121 to 159 is a healthy bmi! but i cant imagine id survive being 121.. ive been 138 before and i was pretty slim! im aiming for that again!

For me the healthy bmi on this site is up to 164.5
    Maybe slight height differences and age Mage a difference though too
  • meghanp92
    Options
    I'm 5'7" but my doctor said I shoot for around 170, though I'm secretly hoping for 155-160 haha.
  • Aventuria
    Options
    My gal is around 155. :smile: Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. That depends on my body shape and if I like it. :laugh:
  • ebony__
    Options
    I also wonder about us ladies with very large breasts and how that affects our bmi.
    I'm assuming I will lose a bit off my boobs but even when I was at my smallest I was still an e cup. And boobs are heavy lol
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm shooting for 145, but I will judge it as I get closer. I am 5' 8 1/2"
  • Leahsz
    Options
    I'm 5'8 currently 152 pounds (69kg) want to be back to 143 (65kg) or so. I'm medium build and size E cup as well. Last time I was at goal weight I went down to DD.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm about 161 right now, and maintaining without really trying. I'm a US size 10, sometimes 8. My highest was 178. I have my goal at 150, but to be honest, I feel VERY appealing at 157. I'm in front of cameras a lot, though, so 150 would probably work really well, if I can ever get that low, and I'm assuming that would put me around a size 6. I'm fairly busty too, but the girls do fluctuate a LOT (DD at my heaviest, once in awhile a big B at my lowest--which challenges my identity as a busty girl, lol)
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and very much apple shaped. I started at 205; now between 170-175. I love my hips-butt-thighs right now, and my boobs haven't shrunk too much (went from DD to D), but I still have a buddha belly. The goal I have in mind is 155, but really I would just like a waist:hip ratio <1!!
  • ebony__
    Options
    I haven't fitted into a dd since I was about 14.
    I'm hoping if I reach my goal weight I'll get down to an e though :)
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    SW: 160
    CW: 152
    GW: 130

I set my goal weight pretty low, and with the amount of weights I like lifting, I don't know if it'll happen. I think a part of me wanted a lower GW because this site is wonderful...I didn't want a goal that I'd reach right away!
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    5'8", currently ~164 pounds, aiming to get back down in the 145-150 pound range, where I was comfortably a size 9 or 10 (US). I would like to be smaller, but with the distances I run and the weights I lift, I bet I'll get to my goal body before I get to what was once my goal weight (135 pounds).