Not the place for relationship advice but much needed.

Options
rozsbluejay
rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
We'll I've been dating this guy for a while now. Enough to get to know each other and well it's been going well except the last few hang outs. Now some people have relationship deal-breakers and well lets just say he did one of them and I don't know if I should just end it based on that. First of all he says that he's afraid to cheat on me based on the fact that he think he doesn't deserve me. He's insecure because he says he has nothing to offer me and he doesn't know what he wants or where we're going. I was just like WTF and he asked me what I wanted but what I want is some direction and I don't think that he'll give it to me. I just said nothing. But this is where it gets to the deal-breaker once he spanked my butt and I punched him and he said never to punch him again and I told him fine if he never touched my butt again. To that he said that if I ever punch him or slap him in his face again its going to be over. I said fine as long as he didn't associate with my butt. He ended up doing it again and I brought it to his attention and I had to explain to him how I don't like it and where my parents are from its truly a disrespect to women and it claims them to be property. He said ok. Next hang out it happens again in public and we were with his roommate (girl) and I was pissed and he was asking me what was up and I told him that I wasn't going to talk about it in front of his roommate and he insisted so I told him off. To me that pissed me off so much. I get really f'ing mad if someone grabs, spanks, touches, my butt. He ended up doing it again and this time he crossed the line....he was just grabbing it. I felt really uncomfortable. I was trying to take it off and he kept putting it back and to the point that I was firing mad! He was like five more seconds. I was mad. I'm thinking of ending it based on that. Some people are telling me not to give up on him to talk to him, but for me that was a deal breaker. So I ended up going to his house out of no where and re-explaining why I don't like it and gave him an ultimatum. I told him that I want to be someone's friend, date, girlfriend- not their property; I don't like being disrespected. Plain out and simple, "I know you're a dude, but you control yourself and next time it happens again- its over.....or we can end it now." He ended up being super upset that he said he needed some time to think. I gave him his time to think. I didn't call, I didn't text, and I didn't look for him. He calls me today that he's been looking for be and I don't have anything on my phone. I don't know what he wants....and I'm not sure if I want to bring it up. I don't know if I ever want to see him again. I don't k now if I want to continue to try. I really upset him because I sounded like a B-I-T-C-H.

I told him once and to me once is enough for someone to get the point. Now thanks to all my buddies I'm confused and decided to come here. Should I just end it?

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's up to you, but it sounds like he has a little growing up to do. Expecting the guy you date to respect your physical boundaries is not asking too much. Don't bend on things that are important to you because some guy is trying to get in your pants. He isn't worth it. I'd recommend finding someone who does not make you physically or emotionally uncomfortable and who can discuss issues without making you feel like you did something wrong by standing up for yourself. Think about what you can handle dealing with and also think about how you know you deserve to be treated.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Horrible place for relationship advice.. But I'll give it a go anyway.

Kick him to the curb.

He's obviously disrespectful. Now, I like a nice slap now and then. But that's a personal thing (and I've been with my fiance for 4 years). You've already said MANY times that you DO NOT like it. And explained why. Yet he still did it again.

Also, if HE thinks he's a loser (has nothing to offer you, doesn't think he deserves you, etc) then he's probably a loser. If he is in the mindset of being inferior, and hasn't changed anything yet, then he probably won't.

That's all I've got to say about that. </gump>
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You make your choices in life either accept that hes going to continue to disrespect you (he continued to hit you after you said you didnt like it) or you can move one.

People don't change you can't expect them to do you think he'll step over other boundaries. He already said he would cheat on you? I hate to see you hurt my friend. Listen to you heart.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If he can't respect a simple request like 'don't touch', what else won't he respect?
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

That's all I've got to say about that. </gump>

Hahahhahahahahha :laugh: :laugh:

Probably the best ending to a comment I've seen on here.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I personally have a bad feeling about the whole thing.
    Something doesn't sound right (not you - something doesn't sound right with him).

The whole 'He has to think about it thing" ... Think about what? There isn't anything to think about.
    He either respects your personal boundaries or he walks... So that sounds really odd.
    I'm wondering if he's only in this relationship for the sexual aspect.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You make your choices in life either accept that hes going to continue to disrespect you (he continued to hit you after you said you didnt like it) or you can move one.

People don't change you can't expect them to do you think he'll step over other boundaries. He already said he would cheat on you? I hate to see you hurt my friend. Listen to you heart.

I agree. Get out while you can!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    You think you'll be in a relationship with a man and never think he's going to touch your butt? Really? I get the part of not wanting him to do it in public but that hardly justifies you punching him. Both of you seem to have issues.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You've told him several times to not touch you like that and given him a personal reason why, and he's still completely disrespecting that and doing it on purpose, in front of people as well. He's not respecting you and is being an immature idiot who isn't ready for a relationship. I would break up with him and find someone who can respect you and your boundries, plain and simple.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you've told him in words that what you dont find acceptable yet you're contradicting yourself with your actions by putting up with it. of course he's going to touch your butt when he wants because you've made it clear by your actions that there are no consequences to his doing so.

i dont mean making it clear by hitting him either. when someone disrespects me i remove myself from the environment. i dont negotiate with them on how to respect me. there's no negotiation. rude is rude is rude. they either get it or they don't. if they get it they learn and we're cool if they dont then they dont learn and i've moved on. life is too short and there are too many other guys out there to get hung up on some dude who willfully disrespects you. my advice would be to be clear on what YOU find disrespectful and dont have your actions and words be so disconnected.

but in general i'd dump the guy anyway. what exactly is a man who thinks he;s a loser and not worth being with you going to offer you? plus if he really thinks so lowly of himself he;s eventually going to think that way of you. low self esteem dudes are bad news.

i've gone through similar with guys. for instance one guy was really tall and thought it was funny to put his elbow on my head like he was leaning on me. another had a thing with picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, and another would make jokes about my breast size. i gave each of these guys a warning about doing that stuff in public since it made me feel belittled. if it happened again then that was my cue to go o b*tchmode and depending on what side of the b*tch bed i woke up on i may or may not have agreed to go out with him again.

sometimes guys take their teasing too far like they do with their guy friends so i think it's important to just leave the situation and not put up with that crap to remind them that hello they arent out with a guy friend they are dealing with a LADY.
  • CaelGomez
    Options
    That is unwanted touching. If he would not rape you, he should not touch you in any other way you deem unacceptable. After the second time you should have dumped him. If you're the type of person who hits when something like that happens, then you need a different guy anyways. I myself know that there is a difference between abuse and punching hard as a joke or even for something like that. If he's too much of a wuss to handle that then you should find someone else.

Seriously, though. He's a horrible guy. Please, please, PLEASE find a new guy! );
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    You are at an age where personal growth and achievement should take precedence over any relationship. Isn't that one reason you signed up here? You need to forge your own path and when you are through he really won't deserve you. Don't ever settle. Wait until you are bringing your best self to a guy who treats you right.
  • tuppence1984
    tuppence1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wish him well and say goodbye. He sounds like he is going to end up super needy (I dont deserve you etc is an excuse for I will forever make excuses for my behaviour, be jealous etc etc) and clearly you are already confused. Despite being together a while, this should be an exciting time. You said no, he didnt respect it, you said no again and he still doesnt get it. You have resulted in violence, although potentially as a joke....wrong wrong wrong.

If you are on fitness pal then presumably you have your own aims and goals. Stick to them, say cheerio!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    This thread shows that women give the worst relationship.advice.And some of you wonder why you are single and can't seem to find the right guy.....
  • MSimm62385
    Options
    He's probably not used to such a strange "no touching" policy with someone who's supposed to be his girlfriend. I quite enjoy a little game of grab-*kitten* when I'm with someone. My last girlfriend was smacking MY *kitten* more than I ever did to her. I found it flattering <_<
  • hulalipop
    hulalipop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dump him. You've told him multiple times not to do something, and he continues doing it? He's not treating you like a human being. And you deserve someone who will respect you. Get out while you still can.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You think you'll be in a relationship with a man and never think he's going to touch your butt? Really? I get the part of not wanting him to do it in public but that hardly justifies you punching him. Both of you seem to have issues.

This! I have to agree with him. Now as a woman I totally understand setting boundaries and rightfully so if that boundary is crossed in public but come on, let's be real. How can you expext anything long term with someone and NEVER expect him to touch your butt?? Some men love touching, grabbing, holding, etc and yes, there is a time and place for it but it seems awefully petty to me.

But my advice and I am going to be brutally honest with you. If you have issues with a man touching your butt, I am thinking there are way more issues under the surface than you are explaining here. If something that simple put you THAT over the edge, there is more to the story and while that is YOUR privacy and there is no need to explain anything, I am willing to bet something more is going on. Punching him was my first red flag...... sorry!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I agree with this man!
  • tmbolt
    tmbolt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Relationships are about connecting with someone who understands your limitations and boundaries. I have issues from past boyfriends and I couldn't ask for a better partner now. He's my best friend and my greatest supporter of everything I do. When we first started dating he was respectful of my boundaries and limitations due to my past relationships.

If he thinks you deserve better then you probably do. His negativity towards the relationship is only going to drag you down. I don't mind the playful slap on the butt in the private of my own home but groping and in front of others just takes things a little too far in my books especially if you have already discussed your dislike of it.

To be honest, I think your mind is already made up. Re-read your original post... To me it sounds like you want someone to talk you into staying with him, but already you've left. Strong, beautiful women don't need weak, feeble men to drag them down.
  • gooellie
    Options
    there are always more fishies in the sea! if it is bothering you that much dont stay with him trust me! it will only get worse i usually tell people to work it out but once there is slapping and personal space issues! ... its a new game!