Where were you 11 yrs ago today 9-11

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    at work trying to text/ call my brother in summerset co, and my ant in dc, we where very worried about her because she was an aid at the pentigon then thankfully she was late to work that morning
  • christyd4
    Options
    Living in VA Beach. My Ex was in the Navy. Scary times.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Trying to get logged into my Wall Street trading account, failing, then thinking I should turn on the TV.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was in 8th grade math class, someone had heard about it in the hallway and our teacher turned the tv on and we all just sat there in disbelief and shock. I don't think we did anything that day at school.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    8th grade art class. My art teacher came in crying and hysterical because one of her family members worked in the WTC. We watched the news the rest of the day.
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    I was in social studies class in 10th grade learning about the first bombing of the World Trade Center. . . I then was taken out of school by my mother who was worried about her children. . . as my sister had to cross teh Brooklyn brdige to get to safety as my brother (who is a paramedic and volunteer firefighter) was called into service, toting dead bodies from the towers and trying to rescue survivors. . . . this day has affected me like nobody else. Im proud to be a New Yorker (whether other states like us or not). . . Im proud to be American and I love this country <3

I couldnt believe this was happening so i got into the car with my cousin. . drove down to teh beach and from there you could see the smoke coming from where the towers had been. Ill never forget the sights i saw, the way i felt and how it left me feeling for these past 11 years.

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends lost their parents (who i knew very well) and other friends that lived in the city were lost. I will never forget these people and never forget what the red,white and blue stands for.And im so thankful that my brother is still alive (granted his stress, nightmares and health problems) and so is my sister. . . they were in the heart of it all.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I was at home, getting ready for work and turned on the radio. At first I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I went out and turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit. I'll never forget seeing that happen on live TV and the feeling in the pit of my stomach.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My husband, new baby and I had spent the summer in Europe (my husband had a work project at several different sites). We had just gotten home 2 days earlier. My son and I were playing all morning so I missed it all until I checked my online mom's group. I called my husband who had just been told to go home. I think we spent the next week staring at the tv in a tear-stained daze.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Day off from Uni, watching the TV, in shock and waiting to see what would happen next......wondering if London was next.

We had to wait another 4 years for them to get around to us.

I think the horrors of that day will live with us all for many years to come and my thoughts go out to the folk that lost on that day.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I stayed at home from work because my oldest was sick that day. I remember my Mom calling and asking me if I was watching the news. When I switched the channel I just stood there in disbelief of what was happening... it felt like I was watching a movie like it wasn't real. But sadly it was real. I also remember how strange it was to not hear any airplanes in the air for the four days after.

Thank you... to all the Heros of that day and to the many who still serve and sacrifice to keep us safe and protect our Freedom!!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Sitting at my computer at work at the largest energy provider in the southeast. I started hearing people talking about the first plane hitting, so I went into the nearest conference room to watch the TV. At first, there was a lot of confusion.... was it an accident?.... what kind of plane was it?.... but then we saw the second one hit and knew it was no accident. Everyone was in shock.... we couldn't believe what we were seeing.... and then the concerns started trickling in for our own safety considering the business we were in and not knowing how widespread this attack on our nation may be. There were tears, disbelief, confusion....

I remember how our country rallied together in the days and weeks following the attack and I remember how proud I was.... and still am... to be an American. Yes, we have our differences and yes, we argue and bicker internally, but 9/11 showed that when outside forces come against us, it is possible for us to come together as a nation and truly be the "UNITED" States of America.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Freshman year at a university in Virginia. Walking back to my dorm from my 8am biology class - I remember vividly thinking it was so, so quiet. Unnaturally quiet around campus. Got to my dormroom just in time to see the second plane hit.

Many of my friends were from DC. When the Pentagon was hit so many kids were trying to call their parents to see if they were OK but no phones were working. It was awful.
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting down with a cup of coffee before getting ready to go to a funeral when the phone rang. I turned on the TV and like everyone, watched in disbelief and horror. Got dressed for the funeral, picked my daughter up from kindergarten (I had to have her with me after watching what just happened) and went to the funeral. I cried for months and continue to cry today.
  • brett1117
    Options
    I was working. I'm a Police Officer. I had to stand guard on the2- Gov't building in my county.
  • judyf87
    judyf87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am sad to say I was sitting in the principal's office. I had just gotten in a fight in the girl's locker room, 8th grade. I was waiting for someone to come and get me since I was suspended and my math teacher walked in and said " They just got the pentagon". I didn't know what was going on until I got home and turned the TV on.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was living at my parent's house at the time and flipped on SportsCenter. They were talking about the planes crashing into Tower One. I thought I was still dreaming....
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was in junior high school in my science class, I am thinking 8th grade. I remember my teacher and everything. We all just watched the news in amazement.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I was still asleep at 6AM out here in California when my better half woke me up and told me what was going. My birthday is 09/11 so I had the day off and was planning on chilling out at the house while the better half worked. I ended up being glued to the TV and internet watching things unfold...
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    Walking through the 501st MP Co. (Germany) day room. Next thing I knew I had all my battle rattle on, looking ridiculous, and worked a 24 hour shift because we figured the Army bases would be a natural target. Proud today, as I always am, of my peers who stood to fight and those who followed us.